today most disappointing old school was artist

Ale

i never like Hallucinogen, i only enjoy his Shpongle project.

Juno Reactor according to themselves never consider to be a goa band.

226176[/snapback]

Juno Reactor was considered by some people beeing Goa. You can see they´re songs on various goa compilations aswell.I see them as super fucking Original project and they´re still are.

Juno Reactor is independent. This band doenst stick to formulas. They always had they´re own style. They had their Goa style.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you count Juno Reactor as goa? Or Hallucinogen?

226160[/snapback]

Yeah sure JR made some "goa-ish" stuff back in the days... I mean, 'transmissions' was ahead of it's time and partly shaped music to the direction which became goa. :) Though I really can't see 'transmissions' as goa, maybe it's more like techno. Some might disagree here yes I know :) and I can agree that much that in 1993 Juno was the ehm..."goa-est" stuff around. :) And by experience of 100-200 times of listening to 'Beyond the infinite' I have to say this isn't all goa either, yes the most ehm...(best word I come up with :D) "goa-est" of their CDs but far from that typical goa sound.

And if you say to me that 'Luciana', 'Bible Of Dreams', 'Shango' or 'Labyrinth' is goa I will just laugh big time! :D haha

So the point is, JR isn't the (it comes again yeah :) ) "goa-est" stuff out there but that still doesn't make 'em bad as almost all of you can agree ;)

And if you say to me that 'Luciana', 'Bible Of Dreams', 'Shango' or 'Labyrinth' is goa I will just laugh big time! :D haha

226181[/snapback]

Well, if MWNN - Earth Moving Sun is goa, I think those could be listed as it too. Except maybe Luciana...

juno reactor does have their own style but iv allways found the style quite boring.. excpet stuff like pistolero

226183[/snapback]

Guardian Angel. :blink:

juno reactor does have their own style but iv allways found the style quite boring.. excpet stuff like pistolero

226183[/snapback]

Yeah pistolero is awesome! :) In fact, whole 'Shango' is awesome! ;)

'Shango' is really the best stuff I've heard from them....very epic and dark, dark in a nice way :)

Yeah pistolero is awesome! :) In fact, whole 'Shango' is awesome! ;)

'Shango' is really the best stuff I've heard from them....very epic and dark, dark in a nice way :)

226188[/snapback]

I've only recently began getting into it, and now I love Masters Of The Universe and Song For Ancestors. The rest still seem a bit dull.

nothing can be compared to juno reactor... it's a never ending discussion...

I don't define them as goa but they do have psychedelic & goatrance influences according the time period they released their albums off course...

yes thats what i tought , thats why i replied "everyone".

almost every old skool artist dissapointed and continues to disapoint , thats why i answered that way.

225994[/snapback]

almost

MFG haven't dissapointed me yet...

so i am awaiting their new album to see..

almost every old skool artist dissapointed and continues to disapoint

Amen brother!!!! But then again, look around you: former great film directors make crap (George Lucas, Wes Craven,...); former great writers wrote complete crap afterwards (Nietsche, anyone?); great painters went totally downhill... so I don't think that the oldschool trend should be any better or worse. It's just the way it happens: brilliant minds have an outburst of creativity that lasts for a few years and then it's gone. And that's that... insted of hanging to the past we'd better look into the future for fresh talent.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess the one that dissapoints me THE most has to be Tsuyoshi Suzuki ... I think it was last year that he made a remix of Taiyo (which was for me one of THE tracks that defined the goatrance sound)... it was a horrible house mix with the sample "Get get down get down" all over it... ARRGHH!! And now I've heard people say that he spins Skazi and other trendy full-on artists in his sets... Maaaan how can such a great artist sink so low?

The one who still has some punch left IMO is Miranda ;) She managed to create a new style that isn't a copy of her older stuff (à la EU and Space Tribe) and isn't a poor attempt to do trendy stuff either (AP, Cosmosis, Shakta, well... just about everyone ;) )

BTW I hardly consider Dark Soho to be oldschool... they started making stuff in 2000 when oldschool was already dead and burried... And in the beginning they were 3, now they are only 2, I guess that explains a lot about the change in sound. But I like their new downtepo stuff though ;)

Yeah, I am pretty dissapointed with lots of them but I decided to get over sentiments and 'enjoy' as much as I can in their new output. Everyone are dissapointed with Astral and their album AMEN. I don't find it as nearly dissapointing than giving full on artists to remix their stuff for TEN which was the biggest dissapointment and it wasn't even their proper album.

Next one is definitely Electric Universe and his new style. I mean, Boris, what happend to you too ?

It is closely followed by X-Dream, Shakta and of course Tsyoshi Suzuki...WTF ? I've heard some new stuff by Joujouka...CRAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY post modernistic cyber simple housey pop...Disgusting ! He is definitely off, poor guy...

Yeah, I am pretty dissapointed with lots of them but I decided to get over sentiments and 'enjoy' as much as I can in their new output. Everyone are dissapointed with Astral and their album AMEN. I don't find it as nearly dissapointing than giving full on artists to remix their stuff for TEN which was the biggest dissapointment and it wasn't even their proper album.

Next one is definitely Electric Universe and his new style. I mean, Boris, what happend to you too ?

It is closely followed by X-Dream, Shakta and of course Tsyoshi Suzuki...WTF ? I've heard some new stuff by Joujouka...CRAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY post modernistic cyber simple housey pop...Disgusting ! He is definitely off, poor guy...

226464[/snapback]

everyone´s off Seraph , thats why i had been so sad on last few days , but you Seraph and Rain cheered me up , lets just concentrate in the good releases and lets continue to work and support the music we like. :)

everyone´s off Seraph , thats why i had been so sad on last few days , but you Seraph and Rain cheered me up , lets just concentrate in the good releases and lets continue to work and support the music we like.  :)

226492[/snapback]

that's the spirit :D

No, he hasn't been doing the same thing, he only used same sounds and effects...Contents of each album are quite different and his new style I reffered to Cosmic Experience which is basically full on album rather than goa as everyone says...

Anyway, back on topic, I guess the one that dissapoints me THE most has to be Tsuyoshi Suzuki ... I think it was last year that he made a remix of Taiyo (which was for me one of THE tracks that defined the goatrance sound)... it was a horrible house mix with the sample "Get get down get down" all over it... ARRGHH!! And now I've heard people say that he spins Skazi and other trendy full-on artists in his sets... Maaaan how can such a great artist sink so low?

226353[/snapback]

well, i dont think tsuyoshi spins skazi or full-on, from what i've heard he's playing lotsa "experimental" electronic stuff. anywayz, he was the one the had put "GOA RIP" in the back of an album , wasn't it him ?

well, i dont think tsuyoshi spins skazi or full-on, from what i've heard he's playing lotsa "experimental" electronic stuff. anywayz, he was the one the had put "GOA RIP" in the back of an album , wasn't it him ?

227240[/snapback]

Yes he was the one... And for him he was right, but goa is still alive :P

Anyway, on topic the most dissapointing must be

1.X-Dream

2.Prana

3.Etnica/Pleiadians

All of those good artists that stopped doing music :(

227314[/snapback]

well that's the most non discriminating and objective answer I red in this topic (not pointing fingers ;) )...

And know what... it's damn true :)

Guest .::E.P

Tsuyoshi Suzuki ... I think it was last year that he made a remix of Taiyo (which was for me one of THE tracks that defined the goatrance sound)... it was a horrible house mix with the sample "Get get down get down" all over it... ARRGHH!! And now I've heard people say that he spins Skazi and other trendy full-on artists in his sets... Maaaan how can such a great artist sink so low?

The one who still has some punch left IMO is Miranda ;) She managed to create a new style that isn't a copy of her older stuff (à la EU and Space Tribe) and isn't a poor attempt to do trendy stuff either (AP, Cosmosis, Shakta, well... just about everyone ;) )

226353[/snapback]

Personally I respect Tsuyoshi a 1000 times more than most other artists/Dj in this scene. Simply because he dare to experiment. He's way more talented than most DJ's out there.

Miranda..well what can I say. Not my style at all. She's like Sven Väth. Can't make her own music so she use someone that know how to make music and take all the credit for it. Well at least that's what she used to do. Maybe she now do her own music?

today most disappointing old school was artist

:lol: yeah i love the topic title as well

All of those good artists that stopped doing music :(

227314[/snapback]

hmmm... well I disagree... for me a great artist is one who knows when to stop. That's what makes him mythical: release killer stuff after killer stuff and when you feel your new stuff isn't as top-notch as the old then you just stop. That way people have a good image of you...

As for Tsuyoshi... yes he did experiment a few years back but it seems that lately (and I mean a few months ago to today) he's mainly into "Killlaaar full-on"... Not sure as I didn't hear him play myself but that's what people say...

and for Miranda, well... a good artist is one thing and a good sound engineer is another... anyone can learn sound engineering provding they dedicate enough time and energy (ie. just look at all the shitty psy that's being released these days)... but you a BORN an artist. See the difference? ;)