today most disappointing old school was artist

Ale

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that suck nowadays, duh ;)

I partially agree with Dark Soho but Planet BEN is on number one for me, with his latest piece of crap called "Full-On" (wow, how original) , where are the days of his insane 303 and 808 usage.. :( and Synchro too

that suck nowadays, duh ;)

225993[/snapback]

yes thats what i tought , thats why i replied "everyone".

almost every old skool artist dissapointed and continues to disapoint , thats why i answered that way.

I wonder when the ´good vibe´ purists will come and start complaining that this thread is too negative

:P

whatever, this thread seems fair enough to me...

Isn't a better question - what old school artists haven't totally lost it?

226021[/snapback]

Cosmosis

Juno Reactor

Doof

Shaolin Wooden Men

Deedrah

Saikopod

Koxbox

Ubar Tmar

X-Dream

Hallucinogen

Tristan

Juno Reactor

Doof

226040[/snapback]

Correct.

X-Dream

226040[/snapback]

Wrong.

And Infected Mushroom. But were they ever old-school?

And Infected Mushroom. But were they ever old-school?

226043[/snapback]

off course they were...

well this topic is easy... If you don't like fullon you will say all old skool artist will dissappoint you... end of story...

So I'm not against fullon at all and can say the rare pressent fullon releases I like are mostly from old skool artist like electric universe, space tribe...

conclusion : no I don't have any dissapointment considering that I'm not annoying me to the the fullon explosion... If I took the perspective that fullon explosion do annoye me I would say all of them just like AmithabaBuddha...

maybe one... muses rapt dissapointed me a lot... voila :)

X-Dream

226040[/snapback]

Wrong.

226043[/snapback]

I don't agree with you Cinos, yes, they don't produce the same kind of music, as they did in the "Good-old-days", but I think they have evolved. They try to do something new, and not just keep producing the music people wants to hear.

Take care..

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I agree with 2 elements said in this topic above, all psytrance pionners artists today are totally devoid of good ideas & interesting productions or are frequently falling into awful commercial things just surfing on their famous names to be signed on a big label, in the exceptions i agree about Boris Blenn (Electric universe/Jupiter 8000) which keep going producing some effective tunes.

For example, i've heard about the reformation of Transwave,in advance i'm very frightened about the musical way they could take, as the rumour said they've signed on a big label. Btw all the real or false great goa artists return were closer to a musical failure than a come-back to sucess (last MWNN, Astral Projection - Amen etc...)

There's something elese, it's very difficult for an electronic artist to last, things are going fast, you're quickly old-fashioned whitout speaking about technological evolution eitheir in computer plug-ins things or synths.

Even in pop music there are very artists that could pretend to have encountered a long successfull carreer & when they can succeed in reaching this status it's from an other hand they've met obligatory an empty period in their career.

I agree with 2 elements said in this topic above, all psytrance pionners artists today are totally devoid of good ideas & interesting productions or are frequently falling into awful commercial things

226158[/snapback]

Don't you count Juno Reactor as goa? Or Hallucinogen?

Don't you count Juno Reactor as goa? Or Hallucinogen?

226160[/snapback]

the last album hallucinogen released was in 1997 so there's no point in mentioning him in this subject...

you may off course :)

the last album hallucinogen released was in 1997 so there's no point in mentioning him in this subject...

you may off course  :)

226161[/snapback]

And the three new collab tracks?

And the three new collab tracks?

226166[/snapback]

mmmmmm yes but they are collab tracks so... I won't make a statement as 'hallucinogen' as we know him considering those single tracks... still you got a point I admit ;)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i never liked Hallucinogen (all his track are sounding the same for me), i only enjoy his Shpongle project.

Juno Reactor according to themselves never consider to be a goa band, they're making Music , so it's different ;)