Talpa

seraph

Hey guys, I've heard Talpa live this weekend....whoaaa !

He progressed his previous style which awfully reminded on Infected Mushroom and developed his own in some ways...His music is much more innovative and wizardy. I've heard some crazy melodic structures and his sound design is much better than on album. If you liked the album, you will certainly like next one better. He is more psychedelic and his melodies are much more mature...pretty impressive live act, don't miss him next time he is in your city... :P

He progressed his previous style which awfully reminded on Infected Mushroom and developed his own in some ways...His music is much more innovative and wizardy. I've heard some crazy melodic structures and his sound design is much better than on album. If you liked the album, you will certainly like next one better. He is more psychedelic and his melodies are much more mature...pretty impressive live act, don't miss him next time he is in your city... :P

225921[/snapback]

Great!

I thought his debut album showed a lot of potential, but in the end it sounded to dry.

Looking forward to future releases from Talpa.

if Infected mushroom had decided to make music similar to their first album rather than the cheddar they make now, i reckon it would sound similar to The Art of being Non.

Dark driving and twisted. i imagine they'd be great live.

He progressed his previous style which awfully reminded on Infected Mushroom and developed his own in some ways...His music is much more innovative and wizardy.

225921[/snapback]

Wow. Sounds... interesting. This could be like, insane or something, hehe. I keep listening to the Art of Being Non album and I really, REALLY like it, although there are two or three tracks that could have not been there for the sake of preserving high originality and stronger replay value and lasting appeal I feel. Several of my friends have heard and were impressed by this album, but they are not aware of IM like we are. The ones who heard Talpa I introduced them to this music not too long ago, so I can compare more, and I can't wait to hear the next album! :)

The first track on Art of being Non is really good, the second one My Kingdom is arguably my favorite on the album, (its fucking INTENSE-GREAT!!!) The track People are Animals really stands out and is great, (but the beginning sample story part about a strange trip is too drawn out) and lastly, the MOON track is so great! I even like the last track very much, but it isn't at the same imaginative, engaging level as the others I feel. Its still unique and decent or pretty good and its obviously cool, but thats the best I can say about it really.

However, couldn't stand tracks 4 and 5 (and the beginning of 3 was just goofy and took some too long to pick up, it like teased you before getting good, but the tease was too long I felt) I think those 3 tracks were way too Infected Mushroom sounding. So this puts flaws and takes innovation away from a rare and rather surprisingy great album! The IM tracks (as some of us call them) take away the mysterious, and crazy, unique, and different impression that is so great and exists in some others. I don't want my mind to associate to IM when listening to Talpa, I want to be taken to the next level by listening to the style of who the artist is! Talpa is arguably my FAVORITE, at least in my top two most favorite albums of 2004!, (other is Filteria)

Yes! I can't wait for his next album. I have to see what he would be like without the IM influenced tracks. He is one of the few people who to me, have true potential to be one of the greatest next generation psytrance artists. I hope -- I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO SEE more dozens or hundreds of hours put into his next album, because can you imagine the out-come with an artist like this... ??? Well regardless, I hope the next album is indeed more complex, imaginative, GROUNDBREAKING-INNOVATIVE-DARK-FUN-CRAZY-TWISTED-AMBITIOUS-MELODIC LAYERS-LAYERS, and more LAYERS!!!!!!!! ATMOSPHEREIC + CHARACTER + Interesting and mysterious and INTENSE.... a MASTERPIECE!!! (with NO tracks like 4 or 5 that remind us of IM, because Talpa's style is innovative in sense)

At least, I think this artist really enjoys being challanged and pushing the limits. Listening to the orginal tracks on his debut, and not the (for me) obvious IM sounding tracks on Art of Being Non, thats what I felt.

You bring interesting news Seraph. ;)

It wasn't actually insane but rather concrete. His melodies sounded very psychedelic and morphing better than from first album. He played only one song from the album, rest was new. Now, I am not sure wheter he played dj set after live act but to me, whole 2 and half hours sounded crispy and juicy and very solid. People were screaming on some tracks, cause there is really lot of things going on and his build ups are better constructed. I have no idea when his next release will happen but those songs sounded like they are ready for release... ;)

Talpa is brilliant but his album was perhaps a little premature... I can't wait to hear what this character will be up to with better equipment and more technical skills... and let us hope his creative drive never lessens, for it is a wonder to hear such a psychedelic approach nowadays...

It was Transplant psy trance event, Club "Paradiso", Novi Sad, Serbia... Last friday.

Talpa played some of his new tracks, but also some tracks from new Vibraspirit 11 cd (The Misted Muppet track and his own track)... also played some older Sienis' track.

His set was very delicious... I heard something really new and refreshing... You could feel lot of improvements in his music... There was this track with "My Kingdom"-like "seriouss feeling", but kinda faster and with violins and stuff (Synsun-ish)... Smile on my face when I heard it... Only Talpa makes music like that :) There's a lot of "crazyness" in his new music.

I would give up my third testicle to hear Talpa's new tracks. Everything I've heard from him so far - both Sundance comps and the album (for the most part) has been amazing. Can't wait until his music matures. He might just be the next psy messiah. :rolleyes:

I would give up my third testicle to hear Talpa's new tracks. Everything I've heard from him so far - both Sundance comps and the album (for the most part) has been amazing. Can't wait until his music matures. He might just be the next psy messiah. :rolleyes:

226704[/snapback]

Same here.

TALPA is the man!

Sounds very interesting!! I was not that satisfied with his first album, even if it was good for a first release. It seems that his new stuff is even more promising...