Cosmosis - Trancedance

Starlancer

Guest antic

Due to i have listened to last available audio saple track Dead or Alive, i think it is usual boring full on

225973[/snapback]

no, it's not :)

I gueass you think Hux Flux - Division by Zero or Orion - Artificial Frequencies were full-on too, right? If that is so, then yes - it's full on ;)

Although quite frankly it's not what I expected either :(

I guess I'll have to settle with Cosmosis' change of style. He'll probably never come back to his sound from Synergy album. Which is really sad...

best piece of song of cosmosis is MOONSHINE. that is something that cosmosis will never repeat. keep that in mind. old skool artists are lost. even laughing buddha is making full on , so what do you will expect from cosmosis? fullon.

WOOOHAA! is all I can say! :) This sounds 'Cosmosis' which of course means super! :D Listen to f.ex. track 7, Re-Order, it's totally wicked! XD I knew Cosmosis wouldn't let me down....nice! :)

no, it's not :)

I gueass you think Hux Flux - Division by Zero or Orion - Artificial Frequencies were full-on too, right? If that is so, then yes - it's full on ;)

225974[/snapback]

"Dead Or Alive" sounds nothing like Hux Flux - Division by Zero. Regular boring full-on bassline, nothing special to it at all. Hopefully the rest of the album will be better, but I doubt it.

Track Nr. 7 sounds very interesting. I might get this album, even if it's no Synregy (but nobody really expected a new Synergy album?!).

Guest antic

"Dead Or Alive" sounds nothing like Hux Flux - Division by Zero. Regular boring full-on bassline, nothing special to it at all. Hopefully the rest of the album will be better, but I doubt it.

226673[/snapback]

I did not say that Hux Flux sounds like "Dead Or Alive?". They're totally different, but it doesn't mean that automaticaly one is full-on and the other is not! Instead I tried to say, that if Ale thinks this (Cosmosis) is full-on, then he probably thinks the same about Hux Flux or Orion, which I think are both far from full-on, though they definitely have some of it's elements (track 1-4 on Division By Zero have typical full-on bassline).

I know it all comes down to genre-classification (full-on, psychedelic, progressive, tech/dark trance & ambient to name the most popular) and all of us have their own idea whta-is-what, but Cosmosis was always on the psychedelic side of things, and even with full-on bassline it'll stay like that :)

From the samples I heard, I can say that I do like some of this Cosmosis album; its quite different from all the others in general. The only track I really don't care for track 7 because it is a remix or cover of a known mainstream song which is old and played-out now, and my mind instantly thinks of that song I've heard on the radio when listening to that track, so I wonder why he bothered doing it or putting it on the album but I'm sure its popular somewhere, just would have probably sounded better had he left the track Re order as a single because its not original.

On the plus side, I really like tracks 1 and 5 from the samples. Tracks 8 and 9 sound pretty cool to me. I wonder how much of "old" Cosmosis there is in this new album. I wonder if its better than contact and I'm curious to hear the whole thing.

Also, the voice samples in track 6 kickass, very cool stuff I wish there were more cool moments to raise up the songs or parts that sound more formulatic or rather less imaginative as his older work! :)

From the samples I like this one. To me it is full-on, but it's not boring. And IMO there is a lot of old Cosmosis in here  ;)

229033[/snapback]

well cosmosis do have there typical own created sound it's always safe to hear that in fullon style imho... like I said before the most fullon I like is the one created by old skool artist so this one I should like a lot :)

JUst received it in the post, well since im a postie managed to get it at 7:30 this morning. Whacked it on the computer and my kitchen floor seems to smoking darn man made fibres! If you take it on its own merit i think itsgreat some nice vocal samples, espcially spontaneous combustion stuttering robot type voices just do it for me. tims trip the sample is remniscent of a celtic cross number,jade garden i think. Compared to his older stuff nothing may compare with someones masterpiece but its still good, even re-order is someting my ageing raver aunt would get into, spreading the message maybe?