2 Outsiders 135

3 Sunday Muse 137

4 Life Stream 138

5 On The Edge 138

6 Time 143

7 Fresh 134

8 Blue 120

9 Slow Me Away (Remix) 140

Second album from Lish (Lior Maimon & Shay Taib), first to be released on Com.pact.

I don't feel the need to provide a track by track review/description as for me telling that it's a deep emotionnal morning album is the essential. The Slow Me Away remix is more full on compared to the original and as you can guess the other fast track (Time) is also sounding more full on. I will just add that Blue is a freestyle tune, a broken beat downtempo could i say.

I've forgotten something :rolleyes: , there's a quite important lyrical part in Fresh, with some fx on the woman voice.

About my feeling about the musical result:

One of the very rare proof that israelian are also good at producing something else that full on,

is the Lish's album Free Fall for the morning prog style.

So like were saying the eurotrance band Dance 2 Trance nearly 15 years ago :

«You, you want new : travelling, fall into Trance… Take a Free Fall ».

Highlights : 1,2,3,8

8,5/10

recommended for all morning lovers

• 1 month later...

The first tracks of the album remind me Sensifeel - Vision of life album, it sounds fresh, sunny, mellow, and you can hear the phat kicklines. It is similar to a Plusquam release, except the more full on tracks as Le Lotus Bleu said above.

Tracks 3, and 4 particularly caught my attention.

Very solid release. Rating 7.5/10.

• 3 weeks later...

Great morning-album!!! Morningsound needs kickin' bass too & Lish fulfil this PSYWEET ;) If ya like Lish, try Drone-23 days as well... same style, same feeling, phantastic album too, some say even better than Lish.

Heard a liveset from Lish these days on webradio - phan-f***ing-tastic!!! DarkMorningFluffyPower! *respect*!!!!!!

Guest Rain

very subtile melodic... and they end in a smooth fullon way... nice work...

maybe not so psychedelic and not enough detail but still...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Sea Side hills

2. Outsiders

3. Sunday Muse

4. Life Stream

5. On The Edge

6. Time

7. Fresh

8. Blue

9. Slow Me Away (Remix)

Lish are Lior Maimon and Shai Tiab, they both come from the sunny city of Bat Yam. The city that is mostly famous for its beach and somewhat hot tempered inhabitants. Fortunately enough the musical content is anything but hot tempered and fast. More in the direction of laid back fluffy morning progressive.

The album starts off very well with 2 strong tunes, Sea Side Hills and Outsiders. For me it’s progressive at its best. Smooth, groovy and very melodic. Unfortunately the 3rd track, Sunday Muse marks a little decline in the energetic charge of the album. It goes deeper and slower than the previous ones. Still melodic but a bit lazier than the previous couple. 4th tune, Life Stream sounds very FreQ’ish to me. It’s usually not a bad thing but lately there are too many acts that copy FreQ’s sound. On The Edge follows with a bit more energy and some full-on vibe. Definitely a proper tune for the dance floors. Time, the 6th tune features the infamous rolling bassline but still very progressive structure and sounds. Again it sounds very freQ’ish for some reason, but I don’t mind really. Worthy one. Fresh is the unavoidable vocal tune, something that for some reason became a kind of a maturity test for the Israeli producers. Did they pass it? No, the amount of effects on the vocalist, plus too many sounds from the first two tracks doesn’t make up for the overall boring and uninspired feeling of the whole tune.

Another token is at number 8. This time it’s a chill-out number. Again, pretty formulaic and uninspiring tune in my humble opinion. The jazzy percussion, the pads, the pianos, some twisted sounds and fx on top and moaning female singer all are spilled into some sort of too familiar mold. Not particularly bad but nothing worthy either.

The closure comes with a bonus tune. It is a remix of older Lish tune that is called Slow Me Away. It is a proper full on tune with a very powerful drive and mega cool Al Pacino (???) samples. Definitely good closure for the album.

My final verdict would be:

Good album, at least 3 very strong tunes, but too much fillers in the middle. They should’ve work a bit more on them as this could be really excellent album.

Favorites:

1!!, 2!!, 9!!

• 2 months later...