SPAWNmaster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for very very obvious reasons..

225841[/snapback]

and what reasons would that be ??? :rolleyes: djeezes man... :huh:

What do you mean... that we are talking about downloading mp3 and saying at the same time it's no good ????

And that on isratrance they do the same thing but not in open so we are more pathetic...

Difference between isratrance - psynews

isratrance : all about fullon & new releases you still can buy

psynews : all about old skool what can't be bought but just download...

:rolleyes:

What's really pathetic about these hubs is the fact that they are trying to apply rules on people that break another rules.

What's the logic there? If you are a pirate, you don't obey the laws.

225863[/snapback]

so right... and the most ironic of all... at the end of their rules they say... support the artist you like :rolleyes:

What's really pathetic about these hubs is the fact that they are trying to apply rules on people that break another rules.

What's the logic there? If you are a pirate, you don't obey the laws.

225863[/snapback]

Rules are everywhere... even the mafia have rules.

There's a logic.

Imagine a hub with no rules...: SUCKY, full of leechers, viruses/trojans/fake files, shit... ;)

i've been downloading this evening with my newly installed dc++ and came across something annoying:

on the psyside.no-ip.org server someone by the handle "aL1en" kick-banned lots of users from there. myself included because i "had not shared" my incoming folder. that was though not the case: i had indeed not selected that specific folder in my shares but the one above it meaning lots of other stuff as well. when i tried to add that specific folder in options it said it was already shared!

anyone else faced this problem? so i must pick every specific folder instead of just the mother one or else risk being banned from other servers as well? that's lame.

The incoming folder would be where the stuff is while it downloads I guess, so it would be full of incomplete files.

Are you shure you was not kicked because you DO share that folder rather?

I don't share my incoming and don't get banned anyway.

And a recommendation: best DC++ client:

http://www.revconnect.com/

It gives you multiple source downloading wich speeds things up, especially for big files like movies.

Another tip for people with dynamic IP who want to be active:

http://www.dyndns.org/

Sign up and get the client software and your IP address will be updated to point to an address you specify, like http://yourname.dyndns.org

Then staying active should be easier, and you can have a webserver or ftp on that address as well.

Many routers have functions for updating dyndns with your IP, in wich case you don't need the client software and just enter the details into the router instead.

true I don't share my incoming folder too... so :huh:, but you can't have incomple files anymore with DC++... it's changed the files is not an mp3 file while downloading but when it's done then it converst into mp3.... so....

but trust me you can get banned for lots of reason... maybe you looked wrong and the reason was something else... do you have sfv files in your albums ???

ps: getting banned is not forever... sometimes it's just for 8 hours or a day... sometimes for a week but after a while they always let you back in so...

And by the way dc++ has got a forum of it's own where you can find all the answers for your questions... cause there will be more trust me...

Dc++ forum

true I don't share my incoming folder too... so  :huh:, but you can't have incomple files anymore with DC++... it's changed the files is not an mp3 file while downloading but when it's done then it converst into mp3.... so....

Dc++ forum

225927[/snapback]

DC Stealth ruled... ;)

@spindrift & rain

thanks for the info! it is possible i got banned because i did have that folder shared. of course it's impossible to say now as i didn't copy the messages anywhere. other servers though haven't kicked me out yet but i'm still on my first day in there so...

multiple sources really is something i've already managed to long for. winmx is nice but it hasn't been able to download much anything in a long time. or maybe i'm just too anxious but dc++ worked well right away! :)

shut up man :P

225999[/snapback]

true he's calling us pathetic and I'm asking him why but anybody see him post replying???... I don't like that... everybody has got the right to have an opinion but just accusing people for some behaviour and not be able to say why is just low...

who says A gotta say B imho <_<

traveller is pissed cause he is on a cruisade against mp3...

just go to isratrance and u'll see that half his post are about people who are so lame cause they download mp3... (the other half being that all music suck except twisted records stuff... )

just go to isratrance and u'll see that half his post are about people who are so lame cause they download mp3... (the other half being that all music suck except twisted records stuff... )

226533[/snapback]

:)

But downloading films, software and non-trance music is at least OK with him apperently.

So if we all pretend to only download Metallica, utilities and some movies when we discuss DC++ maybe he'll be off our case ;)

just go to isratrance and u'll see that half his post are about people who are so lame cause they download mp3...

226533[/snapback]

that's why I don't like isratrance at all... but still on isratrance traveller is right... the most spoken releases on that forum you can still buy in stores...

but look at the best off topics in this forum and try to buy them original...

you know what I mean... don't you? :unsure:

that's why I don't like isratrance at all... but still on isratrance traveller is right... the most spoken releases on that forum you can still buy in stores...

but look at the best off topics in this forum and try to buy them original...

you know what I mean... don't you?  :unsure:

226546[/snapback]

exactly, rain... the fact that you can NOT buy them, unless you want to spend $30+ bucks on rare albums, and then the money does not go to the artist, but rather to some jerk who realized that b\c the albums are so rare, some people will pay ungodly amounts (actually, i dont fault the sellers, they are simply doing good business). also, i second your nomination as Traveller being the pathetic one for name-calling/labeling without any justification. nor does he care to back it up, now that we have spoken. obviously we should be supporting the current artists.... i just don't think any of us wish to support the scalpers.

perhaps we should scalp traveller? =)

-ensign

226533[/snapback]

I'm sorry who are you and what's a "cruisade"? Are you a stalker? If you're then you happen to be quite crappy one for not even 1% of my posts at isratrance is about mp3s. And please point out atleast 1 thread where I say that everything but twisted sucks? If I didn't know better I'd just say that you envy my sweet sweet sweet twisted promos :)

You're just pissed off cause you're not man/woman enough to buy records. You know you're wrong but all your money goes to drugs and you just can't cut them even a little to buy a cd every now and then. You're pathetic <_<

I'm sorry who are you and what's a "cruisade"? Are you a stalker? If you're then you happen to be quite crappy one for not even 1% of my posts at isratrance is about mp3s. And please point out atleast 1 thread where I say that everything but twisted sucks? If I didn't know better I'd just say that you envy my sweet sweet sweet twisted promos :)

You're just pissed off cause you're not man/woman enough to buy records. You know you're wrong but all your money goes to drugs and you just can't cut them even a little to buy a cd every now and then. You're pathetic  <_<

226637[/snapback]

dude, wtf are you talking about? now you are accusing people of wasting their life away on drugs if they aren't buying music??? hahahah WOW, you are ridiculous! And the point is WHO IS THE "THEM"?? if it's an old release, "them" sure as hell ain't "the artist".

jeez!

-ensign

ps - if I didn't know better, i'd say that you are upset that you AREN'T the only person listening to those "sweet, sweet, sweet" twisted promos

Here comes this guy who I've never seen before and accuses me of saying things I haven't said. So I reply, deal with it..

226647[/snapback]

and you're doing the same thing what he does.... accusing him of things you don't know about each other... How the hell would you know he's spending all his money on drug and that's the reason he can't buy original cd's... I think you're losing it traveller... maybe a litte reality problem... this is a forum and you can't critize people you don't know... you don't know they guy so where the hell comes that information from...

still this count for you too benf52 if your information is incorrect what I can't say cause I'm not at isratrance at all...

I was waiting for your post reply allong time about this subject 'traveller' at this is the least you can reply <_< ... well I won't judge you like you jugded us being pathetic but I think I made up my mind about who you are...

I would say peace & no hard feelings... It's an illusion trying to get along with everybody in a positve way what doesn't mean we don't have to appreciate each other ;) ...

grtz and always respect rain...

to traveller...

no i am not a stalker...

just someone who is tired of reading ur endless posts against mp3s and ur biased views about twisted records...

and no i don't envy ur promos as i don't like most of what they release (good music yes, just not my taste for the most part)...

and yes i do buy music just for ur info.. granted i don't buy as much music as i used to (i probably have somewhere around 150 psytrance cds) but i buy when i really like something...

but u r right on one thing.. it's true that most of ur posts r not against mp3... let me rephrase that... one thing i know is u can't keep ur opinion for urself about mp3s... look we all know how u feel, so keep it for urself thank u...

and about me using drugs which makes it impossible to buy records, that's pretty lame... for one thing i don't do drugs, or very rarely.. two if that's what u think of every person who downloads then u have some growing up to do...

as far as pointing out one post where u said everything but twisted suck.. well u din't use those exact words but there were many posts (and i am not gonna waste my time looking for them) where u basically said everything twisted does is so great... and most other psy outhere is no good... maybe u can't be objective b/c u get those promos, i think that's more like it...

so same advice here.. we know u love twisted, keep it to urself thank u...

hah i was merely pointing out that this guy doesn't really know shit about me or my posting habbits, and yet came out as if he did. so i did the same, if you didn't get that, well that's too bad for i thought it was pretty obvious.

again i ask you to show me some threads or take back your words.. druggie