NEW PLANET B.E.N. ALBUM "FULL ON"

hi there soon is the new planet b.e.n. album out.......

On PLANET B.E.N. RECORDS&SOLSTICE MUSIC JAPAN.........

its called "Full ON"

01. THE HEAT

02. STRINGER

03. DYNAMIC RMX

04. MUSIC IS MY SPACE

05. VOLLDAMPF

06. AMEN

07. PATH

08. SOME OF THAT PILL?

09. DYNAMIC

release date:

26.01.05 japan solstice music

22.03.05 europe

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

WWW.SOLSTICE23.COM

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

:P:):P:)

its called "Full ON"

225164[/snapback]

Its called Full On?! :blink: Jesus Christ!!! Is this really Full On or not? I too hope the titles a joke or ironic! That would be so cool to me, but it seems as though it could come off as misleading to the real Full On fans, the ones who buy this thinking its Full On! I don't even want to begin thinking that another once good or great artist sold-out to, few exceptions aside, the most typical, mainstream, common sub-genra in psytrance. That would be disappointing and annoying, unless that is, this album turned out to be amazing and totally reinvent Full-On!, but the chance of it being great Full On is difficult, considering Talamasca and Izik Levy's attempted and sound like everything else out there, with their several basslines, beats, noises, minimal melodies... its pathetic. It sounds as though their doing the least amount of work they've ever done in their careers, and it has no feeling, depth, or spirit. Its just there for DJ's to spin at the clubs.

This would be a unique title if it was anything but real Full On, because then its title would be of pure originality, sarcasm, irony! If this really is Full On that isn't groundbreaking or outstanding (from Planet B.E.N, an artist KNOWN for being innovative and creating such fine and inventive, at one time *groundbreaking* works of trance) well that would suck and my one question is why doesn't he change his fucking name?, because I'm not buying this unless iI consider it great or something that seems just ... all too rare.

no guys, it's not a joke :huh:

planet ben is full on now....

... the good old planet ben years are definitively end & close :(

ben, if you read that, i'm sad and disappointed about that ....

after all, it's your choice (maybe money too ? hmmm) bud that's not my cup of tea

hi guys,

first of all its not a joke it's true...... its called "FULL ON"

on top of it, its guitare full on!!!

And before you judge this album you don't know ,you should have listen to it first.......

And also do you eat every day the same?

In generally ben loves all genres of electronic music wich is quiet open minded....

And if you have a carefull look on his homepage,you see that he's doing next to full on, also a new tech-trance album!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way,the new label of ben is mainly based on good quality psytrance,wich can be

all kinds of psytrance.... progressive,full on,psy-tech....how ever you want to call it!

THE FIRST RELEASE ON PLANET B.E.N. RECORDS WAS

V.A. PLANETARY-NATION 001 PBR001

with exclusive tracks from

nomad,electric universe,xerox+illumination,talamasca,d-tek,x-dream,organic noise,planet b.e.n.,rinkadink vs gataka,tim schuldt.

And also do you eat every day the same?

225311[/snapback]

good point,

i ate full on the whole week :lol:

maybe i should eat something different ;)

anyway,

artistic freedom for musicians(or labels) = bitch & complain freedom for buyers.

what else do we have the internet for?

When is the release date for this?, like psytrance, saiko sounds, etc? :blink:

And for the record, if this does turn out to be typical, or not one of the greatest, [and/or] most innovative Full On albums ever!, he'll need the best of luck with his new fans, because most of his current ones don't seem happy! Maybe Izik Levy or DJ Lestat has a seat for in their table in the VIP section. Afterall, those guys make Full On as well now and its so ordinary, ANNOYING, IRRITATING ... its exactly like watering and dumbiing down the artists imagination to compensate for making a bit more money and for the labels' desperate urge to make more capital on a boring but more widely known because its less unqiue, -- sub-genra that is almost always so predictable, ordinary, repetitive, and just plain bad or unimpressive. Something that is mainly exists to rock the speakers in your sterio system or in the club, and when its over, you forget about it and never care to hear it again.

on top of it, its guitare full on!!!

225311[/snapback]

and how do we should intepretate that... like a guitar clixam at any track or just once & while a guitar... just one track with a guitar??? I'm just curcious that's all ;)

HI RAIN,

its 5 guitar tracks and 4 without.... the riffs are real recorded,jens paulsen from "PATCHWORK"

spirit zone records played the guitar.... its not just a plug in,there is also musical contex behind it.

the tracks are between 135-145 bpm..... but you can listen the tracks at the solstice or planet b.e.n. homepage.........

WWW.SOLSTICE23.COM

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

:):):):)

and in end of march the album will be released in europe.

feel free to ask,if you want to have some more information.

And to john cocco,

i think that ben don't need a place in the v.i.p section of anybody!

and your imagination about how to earn money......??? well i think its a bit distorted......

to earn any money with psy-trance is a wish,nothing else......

only to let you know,the sales went down to 20-30%....for everybody!!i mean for all labels.

the fact is that many people don't buy music anymore,they download it for free!!!

or lets say they steal the artists music!!!!

and your association that the name of the album "FULL ON" = is Full On music is your interpredation nothing else.... live can be "full on"

again you should listen to it before you judge something you don't know.......

please don't take it personally but its true......

:D:D:D

to earn any money with psy-trance is a wish,nothing else......

only to let you know,the sales went down to 20-30%....for everybody!!i mean for all labels.

the fact is that many people don't buy music anymore,they download it for free!!!

or lets say they steal the artists music!!!!

226091[/snapback]

The low sales could also be caused by:

- too many labels and hence too many releases

- loose of diversity and creativity (clone music by clone artists on clone labels)

- crap releases from crap labels

yes, i alsothink when you have 90% of all labels releasing full on, the piece of the pie is only gonna get smaller. Truly innovative stuff stands out. Just look at the insane amount of so called full on "labels", its like everyone who, for good reason, doesnt get his CD released by a normal label starts his own. No woder sales are so low. And all these labels that keep mass producing all these VA compilations that no one wants to listen to, its all fast food, and as such its not being sold, its being downloaded and then thrown in the garbage can.

I for one only buy stuff I like and thazts worth buying, the rest I download and throw into the trash can in a matter of hours, heck, iu dont even bother downloading this stuff anymore.

Now, im not talking about BEN here, hes a great artist, ANT INvaision is one of my alltime favs, TEst rocked as well, I just think its aa shame hes doing fullon, and I heard the samples, they suck.

Anyway BEN, when your techtrance album comes out, Ill still BUY it, dont worry.

Trolsk say:

The low sales could also be caused by:

- too many labels and hence too many releases

- loose of diversity and creativity (clone music by clone artists on clone labels)

- crap releases from crap labels

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi Trolsk

i think so too ,that may this are also reasons why..... but there are many more factors and they come together....... :)

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

My Webpage

:):):):):):)

yes, i alsothink when you have 90% of all labels releasing full on, the piece of the pie is only gonna get smaller. Truly innovative stuff stands out. Just look at the insane amount of so called full on "labels", its like everyone who, for good reason, doesnt get his CD released by a normal label starts his own. No woder sales are so low. And all these labels that keep mass producing all these VA compilations that no one wants to listen to, its all fast food, and as such its not being sold, its being downloaded and then thrown in the garbage can.

I for one only buy stuff I like and thazts worth buying, the rest I download and throw into the trash can in a matter of hours, heck, iu dont even bother downloading this stuff anymore.

Now, im not talking about BEN here, hes a great artist, ANT INvaision is one of my alltime favs, TEst rocked as well, I just think its aa shame hes doing fullon, and I heard the samples, they suck.

Anyway BEN, when your techtrance album comes out, Ill still BUY it, dont worry.

228436[/snapback]

hi gaysantanichippie,

well,i think its balanced..... its not 90%full on labels .. difficult to say in prozentige....

yes, but i agree its a forrest of labels out there...he,he...

i think that everybody has his own level of standard where you say for your self this is crap/bad or this is good/fantastic....... its relative,i mean where other people say its good other say its crap..or opposid..

but i think good music is good music it doesn't metter wich genre of electronic music it is.....

and ben is a artist who loves in generally electronic music....

i think its cool to be open minded...

thanks for the flowers "ANT INVASION" he will be happy i will let him know him.....

:):):):)

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

Thats all.... ?? Opinions are very welcome....he,he..... :)  :)  :)

232065[/snapback]

PLANET BEN: FULL ON (Some Review elements and feedback)

Kinetic Cartharsis - I like the opening melody; how the song starts, and the part with the guitar riffs are a nice, aggressive touch. Then a lift-off... but it goes back into the same guitar riffs in stead of taking the song else where.. but then it does change... ambient.. mellow, nice. When the guitar returns a second or third time, the song gets a bit too repetitive for me, but then that lift-off seems to save it in the second half until the guitar comes back yet again. I guess I just wish he twisted the song into a bunch of new sounds toward the final third or something. Think about it. It would have appealed to more listeners! This is a decent song with some good parts and ideas. I think it could have been better but its far from bad; I was expecting worse because I was not satisfied with his last album; I really enjoyed that Vacuum side project he did though.

Guitar Spice - I like the female samples, the songs just okay though, nothing really memorable. The guitars are slowly growing tedious if they're on every track.

Pulser - I like guitars (a la some Sun Project, but er.. not too much) I like the part at around 3:53 into the song when the girl says, "Any Time" but then when the same guitar two note thing returns, agh!!! I need to hear different sounds; take the song other places, make it more interesting, not just with a new melody though. God, he can make this CD better if he spends more time changing certain repeating parts and spicing it up a bit with more layers of melodies here and there.

Track 4; Unnamed: - It starts off with nice sampling, good, catchy melodies!, but then the guirtar comes in and I start to cringe.. its that typical-sounding stuff many people talk about... but it changes half-way through, which is smart. I wish more tracks did this more because it keeps things more interesting. Anyway, when those guitars come back yet again, the song really has nothing new or exciting to offer. Its an okay song, I like those melodies and I wish he build up more of them, especially around the guitar riffs, which he could have used less of in my opinion.

Track 5; Unnamed: - Don't care for the female samples here. Don't like the song either. If you like guitars in full on psytrance you might really like this album, and I prefer Four Carry Nuts- Mechanical Age for those massive, epic goa-influenced layers of melodies they have, (especially in track 7) while also having guitars in general.

Didn't hear any of tracks 6-7....

My Lucky Number - First, I like how this starts out. I like how many of them start out, very peaceful, mysterious, etc... until I hear some single guitar riff which usually takes me out of the mood, and I like guitars, but not too much so I'm BIASED there. Anyway, this song has decent samples, cool melodies, and its a pretty cool song overall, one of the better ones on the album, but not to sound too repetitive, but couldn't he have relied a bit less on the use of guitars? Just my feelings. ;)

The last track; Brainspay (Did someone mean Brain Spray?) Hmmm, I wonder why he didn't end this album off with a cool, melodic down-tempo chill track? It would have been different from all the other songs and a pleasent closing. Oh well, :huh:

In conclusion, the guitars do dominate the melodies, and since I like layers of melodies over guitars in general, I don't find this album good for me, as in general I don't like most Full On, but I did enjoy Space Monkey and 1200 Mics last album very much. This Planet B.E.N. album isn't bad. I too wish he made more goatrance now days, but his new album is actually better than lots of the Full On out there, and yet I wouldn't classify it with the best Full On, but thats how I feel anyway. This album did beat out what I was at first expecting, which was something terrible or half-decent at its highest point. This actually has some nice, good ideas, and while its not ahead of its time like his first album, Trippy Future Garden was, its not bad either. People who are into Full On may want to listen to it and decide for themselves.

I hope someone appreciates this review. It took me an hour to write it and I have no idea why I spent this much time. B)

Also, To Planet B.E.N. Records:

Do you have a release date for when this will be available on psyshop and saikosounds?

The samples currently aren't up yet on psyshop. :blink: And I finally heard the samples on your site; longer samples, whole song samples, and I only heard parts, with exception to the first track. And I want to start this off by clearly saying: I occasionally like guitars in psytrance but not too much and/or in every song, so I am biased because of my less-than-great feelings toward guitars, not all the time but in general, so if you like guitars in psytrance/Full On psytrance, you may like this or at least several songs. :)

I'd put this thread in the main REVIEW SECTION of the forums, for decent or better feedback, reviews, opinions on the album after people heard it; when its available on psyhop. And WOW, just my opinion but he shouldn't have called this "Full On," as the words Full On have gradually gotten quite a strong, NEGATIVE conotation to it for being so typical and general sounding, even if some of it stands out and is not as typical and general sounding compared to the majority of Full On releases. So I think you guys, your label, and BEN have lost some points for who ever titled this "Full On." (even if it is Full On) This is just how people react in general, and considering thiese forums include people from ALL OVER the world, I think it would give any artist a good idea of what not to do, for example.

Lastly, can we order Trippy Future Garden on CD with the same original cover from off your site or can it somehow be made available individually through psyshop and saikosounds? Thats a classic.

Dear jon cocco,

Thanks for this onestly review i'm sure it tooks a lot of work.......wow :)

i'm sorry and i hope that we don't dissapoint you......the absolutly 100% correct tracklist is

different.......there are some new and different tunes on that cd than on the homepage.......

our mistake...we know......... but if you would have the patience for us to listen the other tracks..?

you find them on the solstice page... www.solstice23.com

May you are right with the name ("full on"...but i think ben had a other association with it.......

To your question about trippy future garden....its difficult to get the original cd only at e-bay or something simular...... but you know it was with the last test album for free....?!

Here the right tracklist:

I think the cd will be in beginning/mid of april in the shops..........

01. THE HEAT

02. STRINGER

03. DYNAMIC RMX

04. MUSIC IS MY SPACE

05. VOLLDAMPF

06. AMEN

07. PATH

08. SOME OF THAT PILL?

09. DYNAMIC

release date:

26.01.05 japan solstice music

08.04.05 europe

thank you very much jon cocco that you spend your time for it.....

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET