Tribal trance...

Guest Rain

sonic fusion,some tracks from electric universe have some tribal drums,and of coutrse the best tribal track for me that will blast off any goa party:

jaia feat.gil-drum explorer

they are really exploring many kinds of drums in their track.just amazing! ;)

Guest .::E.P

sonic fusion,some tracks from electric universe have some tribal drums,and of coutrse the best tribal track for me that will blast off any goa party:

jaia feat.gil-drum explorer

they are really exploring many kinds of drums in their track.just amazing! ;)

226518[/snapback]

Great track. I played it many times but again to me it's not realy tribal.. Tribal is way more deep, simple and minimalistic in my opinion.

Guest .::E.P

what the?

You should really read the titles of your tracks/Albums... You don't consider yout own tracks tribal and you call them "Celestial Sounds & Tribal Beats", "Painted Faces", "Amandla's Voodoo Experience"

so how would you call your music then?  :blink: Tribal trance is not 100% tribal music in fact, it's a mix between tribal elements and trance no? If we want tribal music we better buy "tribal Indian music" or something :P

225132[/snapback]

Sorry did not see your post before now :)

I dont see what the titles Amandla's Voodoo Exp. and Painted Faces have to do with tribal. Voodoo is a religion and painted faces could mean a lot of things such as covering your real face so people dont see who you are. Yes the title of the CD have the word "tribal" in it but it does not make it pure tribal just because of the title :)

I agree that tribal trance is a mix but in my opinion most tribal trance got much more to do with trance and very little to do with tribal... But again it's just the way i see it.

Wait and see whenI release my new Elysium CD later this year. I have tried to capture pure tribal in it. Which mean it will be very repetetive, deep and percussive. Hope I suceeded. Only time will tell :)

Check out stuff from Medicine Drum, best tribal psy out there IMO. "Wizard's Brew", "Ulhuru", "Tribal Heart" and "Alpha Rising" are some examples of bangin tunes.

225004[/snapback]

i have to second that...

medicine drum is great if u like tribal stuff...

especially the album "talking stick".. u can't go wrong with that one...

I don't think you really know what tribal is since you think Enigma is Tribal. Enigma got nothing to do with tribal!  Tribal dont come close to new-age. Especially not Enigma ect whom I consider to be popish new-age.

It's two different genres.

So to use a word like "hate" is a bit over the top.  Maybe try to listen to some of the suggestions above and then come back and see what you think ;)

226511[/snapback]

Sorry, but i'm listening to shitloads of extreme metal, thats probably why i use terms like that (heehee.. ;) ), but anyway i am aware what tribal is, but i was more pointing out the ethnic aspect of some songs... you know the chanting indians, african, chaka zulu stuff... i can't stand that at all...

Sorry did not see your post before now :)

I dont see what the titles Amandla's Voodoo Exp. and Painted Faces have to do with tribal. Voodoo is a religion and painted faces could mean a lot of things such as covering your real face so people dont see who you are.  Yes the title of the CD have the word "tribal" in it but it does not make it pure tribal just because of the title :) 

I agree that tribal trance is a mix but in my opinion most tribal trance got much more to do with trance and very little to do with tribal...  But again it's just the way i see it.

Wait and see whenI release my new Elysium CD later this year.  I have tried to capture pure tribal in it.  Which mean it will be very repetetive, deep and percussive.  Hope I suceeded. Only time will tell :)

226531[/snapback]

Ah well, the thing that is making those trance tracks tribal for me are the ethnic elements and drums that seem to go on forever, mixed with the floating trance feeling, a unique combination I think... :) But as you said everyone has different definitions for tribal trance it seems, but I'll check your next album :P (good advertisement ;))