Im Finally GOING to do it!

OKAY!~

hi everybody, some of you will remember me, some of you dont, but ive came to say that ive saved up some money to build a computer and finally start making music..

ive used the phrase" im interested in Recording Arts" so my parents will get off my back about what im about todo.

so, since im starting from scratch, ive asked Rev. Don from 1200 mics about what stuff he uses, and what i sould use since his current album the time machine is pretty damn good! :

so far im going to look into, getting another version of fruity loops, because i threw out my old one (i know im stupid) but i want to get another copy because you can do alot of things with fruity.

* MUST GET REASON!

im proubly going to goto music stores and pick some things up this week! ill ask around and see what i can come across either more for less or visaversa.

Midi keyboards.. i was told that the * Oxygen 8 was my best bet by several resources. is this true? can i get more for my money?

thats all that i know for now.. can sombody please give me advice!

if you wondering what i want to be doing: check out bands like: S.U.N Project, Etnica, Asia 2001, Man With No Name.

btw.. anybody know what MWNN uses?> :blink:

Guest .::E.P

btw.. anybody know what MWNN uses?> :blink:

224899[/snapback]

Yes.

Expensive Hardware build into a Professional Studio. Don't ask me about the price but it's not cheap.

Not the usual plastic found in 99% of the Full On's PC's ;)

i think all the bands u mentionned are using cubase or logic or something similar...

and they also have many synthesizers and a nice mixer (like mackie 32 channels or at least 16 channels)...

so u can try reason or fruity loops, but don't expect to sound like those bands...

but for starters get those two, and once u get the hang of it move to cubase or logic...

and yes oxigen 8 is a nice midi controller..

Guest .::E.P

i think all the bands u mentionned are using cubase or logic or something similar...

and they also have many synthesizers and a nice mixer (like mackie 32 channels or at least 16 channels)...

so u can try reason or fruity loops, but don't expect to sound like those bands...

but for starters get those two, and once u get the hang of it move to cubase or logic...

and yes oxigen 8 is a nice midi controller..

224960[/snapback]

agree.. just one thing... Yes Oxygen8 is ok but in my opinion you can do much better if you pay a few dimes more and get a bigger midi keyboard with more keys on.. It's especially nice if you work with samples such as percussion or drums where you need more than than 2 octaves. Or just being able ot put various samples and loops on different keys.

agree.. just one thing... Yes Oxygen8 is ok but in my opinion you can do much better if you pay a few dimes more and get a bigger midi keyboard with more keys on.. It's especially nice if you work with samples such as percussion or drums where you need more than than 2 octaves. Or just being able ot put various samples and loops on different keys.

225050[/snapback]

yea, i thought that too so im going to pick up the $100 cubase so i can use the tb-303 basslines and mix it with reason.

Hmm if you are looking for Hardware to use i can suggest

Access Virus A B C all of them are gr8

And Nord Lead 1 2 3 all of them is also gr8

Then The Roland Jupiter series is good to or Roland Juno 106 Old School Synths pretty damn nice sounds from them

My Studio Build up atm :

Acces virus A

Nord Rack

Roland MC 307 GrooveBox

Yamaha DX7 II-D

Roland Juno 106

Roland Octapad (mididrums)

Fender Stratocaster (Guitar)

Mixer : RAM 32 Channels

FX : Yamaha REV7 (reverb)

Ibanez dm200 (delay)

ibanez dmd2000 (delay)

Yamaha Modulator

Akai MFC 42 Analog Filter

MM Electronic Compressor

monitors :

Yamaha NS-10m Studio

Auratone

and subs JBL

Computer:

P4 2.00 ghz 1024 RAMBUS

2x Delta1010LT cards

This is enough for me :)

only problem with it is the mixer i dont like it analog Yamaha 02v digital mixer should be arriving soon :) killer

/ greets rowe