Hallucinogen - Bubble 'n Tweak

dr papa

START YOUR ENGINES!!!

What a surprise... :lol: The Solstice site has just released soundsamples from the Gran Turismo 4 soundtrack for our listening pleasure. :wub:

Since I am a Hallucinogen-fan I was itchy to check out the latest killer from the Soundlabs: 'Bubble 'n Tweak'....

What can I say? Its a really amazing tune. Simon seems to be moving in a lot of different directions these days. Good, steady beat and a thumping bass that will make it sound like Armageddon if you've got the right equipment. Don't let those first 15 seconds fool you - it quickly morphs into a darn good trance-track. It's gotta be the slowest Hallucinogen-tune (134 bpm). It sounds like what you'd get if you took The Antidote - Empty dot (Hallucinogen mix) and Younger Brother - Scanner and threw them into a blender. Fantastic. Good for the dancefloor, too... Maybe as a warm-up tune to start a set. Another blaster from the master. :lol:

What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sceptic, sorry.

The melody sounds too much like YB's Scanner.  :(

224965[/snapback]

hmm, i can hear a few similarities btwn that track and scanner, but from the preview, it doesn't seem like we are even shown the main melody of the song. similar rhythm though...

-ensign

but from the preview, it doesn't seem like we are even shown the main melody of the song.  similar rhythm though...

224972[/snapback]

well the fact is that the samples of psyshop mostly represent the best part of the track so :mellow:

well the fact is that the samples of psyshop mostly represent the best part of the track so  :mellow:

224978[/snapback]

hmm, maybe... but imo the very end of the track was where it was building to something better... and the sample just leaves you hanging.

but i suppose this is a moot point until we hear the damn thing in its entirety.. my point was just that you can't always judge a track by its sample =)

-ensign

okay so I listened to all samples and yeah...promising :)

to my ear the best tunes were from Eat Static, Koxbox, Quadra and I must agree with insejn here, the last track made by 'The Antidote vs Synthetic' is the gem here! :)

That hallucinogen's track...ouwwff :FF :E :F big time! :ph34r: I mean, it's like he's mediocre tunes - energy - melodies = :unsure: ... and most here just say "rocking hard! /m/" haha :D I know I know, you can't argue about tastes and that's not my intention :) but hallu is just going to a bad direction :(

Still, nice to see that two of my favourites, ES and Koxbox know how to do some deliciouuuus tunes :>>>>

I guess that short sample sounded ok, but seeing as he hasn't released anything as Hallucinogen in ages I would be very surprised if he released an incredible tune for a video game soundtrack. It would make more sense if he saved the great stuff for his own label, I mean the Unusual Suspect 2 compilation could really use an extra good tune instead of those average collaborations.

I guess that short sample sounded ok, but seeing as he hasn't released anything as Hallucinogen in ages I would be very surprised if he released an incredible tune for a video game soundtrack. It would make more sense if he saved the great stuff for his own label, I mean the Unusual Suspect 2 compilation could really use an extra good tune instead of those average collaborations.

224998[/snapback]

Exactly!

I find that track pretty promising, you can't even guess what is in the song from 45 seconds. To me it sounded a lot like his old style, just slightly slower.

Hmm.. Don't worry too much. The average "trough the mouth-breading" GT-player won't know the difference between Hallucinogen and Scooter.

I kinda liked the track, but it was just OK, absolutely nothing spectacular. <_<