OSX equipment

hey, i'm just getting started in making music, i'm not good yet, but i'll get there someday, I have reason 2.5 already, and plan to upgrade to 3.0 on the 10th, does anyone know any worthwhile apps to get for making psy/trance/ambient tracks? like Live or Protools, or both? and does cubase work on mac osx?

if you have any suggestions on worthwhile investments, i would be very greatful.

hey, i'm just getting started in making music, i'm not good yet, but i'll get there someday, I have reason 2.5 already, and plan to upgrade to 3.0 on the 10th, does anyone know any worthwhile apps to get for making psy/trance/ambient tracks? like Live or Protools, or both? and does cubase work on mac osx?

if you have any suggestions on worthwhile investments, i would be very greatful.

224547[/snapback]

Hey man i've just started making music too but all i have is eJay Techno 4 to make it. i really want to make Psy Trance but i cant do it with eJay 4. ive heard a lot of stuff about "Fruity Loops" and "Reason" can u tell me a lil about Reason like how much does it cost, can you make Psy trance on it? thank you

Liquid Phantom

P.S. plz tell me how to get a pic next to my name

ive heard a lot of stuff about "Fruity Loops" and "Reason"  can u tell me a lil about Reason like how much does it cost, can you make Psy trance on it?

224609[/snapback]

from what i've played around with in Reason, it seems very possible, you just need to get familiar with the VRhardware in reason, its like $250 USD right now, if you've used hardware before it should be very straight forward for you, but if not it may take a bit of getting used to or the tutorial CD that PH sells on their site.

There's a lot of audioapps for osx, if you're begginer, use reason,

if you want pro application go for logic 7 (it's from apple) or cubase sx 3,

Maybe the good way is to check logic 7 express, which isn't such beast as the pro

version, but it's much more cheap and you can make great stuff in it. It's good for

every studio work you need..

If you plan to play live maybe check the ableton live ..

cya