2. Force Majeure - Quilmes

3. Patcan - People Boogie

4. Cyberion - Strange Signals

5. Marathi - Sound Is A Message

6. Patcan - It's Real

7. PinkPowderPuff - Feel Crispy

8. Obsidian Projekt - Emphasis Harmony

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=4664

judging by the samples on saikosounds this might be an interesting release.

Patcan samples are amazing :)

Not very original but it seems today like I get overly excited over anything that sounds even remotely like the old-school sound.. will post more later when I get a copy

Last summer I went to Tamils open air party in a forest in Germany, theer were maybe 150 people but it was a hell of a party! Melodic goa party all night, great location and a free cd (their first comp) and I must say it's pretty good melodic progressive, I haven't heard this one tho, I hope the best ;)

sorry guys but this is weird music , this isnt true old skool . i dont like.

im too harsh on this cause im a super goa freak , this compilation sounds fullon with the old goa touch.

225845[/snapback]

true expect one track... cyberion - strange signals

I even opened a topic about cause I was so excited about the perfect melody :D

true expect one track... cyberion - strange signals

I even opened a topic about cause I was so excited about the perfect melody  :D

225851[/snapback]

im listening to the extract , at least the compilation haves a good song that is worth to download in DC++ , the bassline is a little anooying , but the sequencing/construction is good and mythical , its not super but its nice. ;)

hehe, what is this? Some of it sounds to me like a bunch of amateurs attempting to do what they think is melodic trance with goa influnces... ?

Most of this is not goatrance, new or oldschool. Its fairly melodic trance with ethnic, world influences. (i.e. tracks 1+2)

However, the melodies on track 4 remind me more of goatrance. Its like the only track that seems to be moving in the right direction. Its just too bad that the others aren't. This comp doesn't seem to know which sub-genra its going for, so its trying a handful. More tracks in the class of track 4 would have probably raised more interest in this comp, but who buys albums because of one or two tracks anymore? Not as many as back then, especially when it comes to trance.

The whole album has this synthetic sound and feel to it. It doesn't pull me in and engage me like a good goatrance album does. The only thing that seems goa-ish is the colorful cover, because goatrance albums in general seem to be known for their colorful, sometimes trippy or psychedelic cover designs.

These tracks seem a bit too basic for me; the second and track 6 seems a bit more interesting, but much of it is just so-so, and what the hell is track 7?, Man that sounds really bad, goofy, cheesy, call it whatever you want to. Overall this does not sound like an even fairly good album. Half decent at best maybe, but overall I don't like it, very basic and plain, predictable, and repetitive.

• 2 months later...

I concur on Cyberion, but any way you look at it - this is the kind of stuff you give away for free on the net, not something you print to CD unless it's for promotional purposes... and we have enough of those releases already.

This, coming from an old school fan. I suggest exploring alternate distribution concepts.

yeah, after my earlier excitement I must admit that this release is pretty bad.. Patcan songs and Cyberion are good though

#7 is really really bad. Btw, the synth sound is a preset from the SuperwaveP8-vst :)

I just love Patcan - Puzzled People Boogie...

Some may say its cheese, but I thinks its amazing by todays standard ;)

228321[/snapback]

I also love that song, the melody that comes near the end is great. I like the whole album, I can't say anything about the production because I don't know a shit about producing and making music. But I like the songs. It differs from the usual psytrance that gets released today and I for my part can hear the goa influences (especially in tracks 3, 4 and 5). If this doesn't fit your standarts then I'm sorry, bu as I said I like the album a lot.

I will also look around for the first compilation after reading Aenobis' post.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh, yes!

I bought this one at Rhakti Dei a few years ago and when I got home I was listening to this still trippin'on Acid, MDMA and party memories and it was just perfect music for coming down to and enjoying the afterflow!

I was just playing it again after a BIG while, and the sweet memories where flowing out of the speakers, again! :)

This compilation seems not too well appreciated by many, and I can see why, it has a pretty high cheese level, but I just love it!

Marahti, Cyberion, Patscan, Pink Powder Stuff, all weird, funky, great stuff.

9/10