future geners of psytrance

shaman of sound

as you have probobly seen, evry 5-6 years there is another gener added to psytrance. for example, the full on gener started too appear in 98-99, and its one of the major geners of trance today. another example is the DarkPsytrance Genere. i think its the newest genere. only 3-4 years old as far as i know.

so my question to you is what will be the new psytrance genere? when will it appear?

BooM

I don't think genres will be added... it's impossible to know that... If someone finds or invents a new formala a new subgenres can rise by influences of psytrance (that is what you ment probably)...

The one who already knows such a new formala won't write it here but will be busy hard working on their first new release :D

There will be more mix of already existing genres, but that we already see in the more housy progressive trance and pop influences in morning fullon like vocals...

ahh yes thats kind of what i ment.

if you ask me, there is kinda new gener of full on Vocal Geners.

you can see almost every average full on artist having a track with vocals in his album. that appears aspecialy in Israeli artists, But luckly not all of them.

My prophecy: Breakbeat, Industrial and Psytrance will merge into one genre... something like that already exists in form of PsyBreaks but it will become perfectioned in the next years... interprets like Artifakt will be called pioneers of this new movement... atleast I could well imagine that. Look out for it around 2008-2010 ;)

future:

fullon

progressive

minimal

evil russian

cheesy crap (not like melodic, but like..um..cheesy)

:)

I hope that's not true, tho (for my taste that wouldn't be so good)

224195[/snapback]

Hey we are talking about the future, not the past :lol:

Hmmm.

I wager that GANGSTA TRANCE will globally dominate the universe within a matter ov months.

> kill the genres and gas the purists.

My prophecy: Breakbeat, Industrial and Psytrance will merge into one genre... something like that already exists in form of PsyBreaks but it will become perfectioned in the next years... interprets like Artifakt will be called pioneers of this new movement... atleast I could well imagine that. Look out for it around 2008-2010 ;)

224189[/snapback]

very interesting prophecy for the future my brother :)

we will have to wait and see.

i thing that a genre called "lie-trance" will emerge very soon. it will sound like psytrance, but it isnt actually psytrance. it will be pop music disguised as psytrance. and they will all be saying, "killlaaaaaarrrrr, this new britney spears full on track is dropping like nuke on the dancefloor" this is lie trance. it will convince you it is one thing. but its actually just commercial sh1t there to make money and lie to you.

"killlaaaaaarrrrr, this new britney spears full on track is dropping like  nuke on the dancefloor"

heehee

I'm sure there could be worse stuff than Britney Remixes.... Try to think of the ugliest remix ever.... hmm

224189[/snapback]

I also think Artifakt is on to something. Very special and weird style which I like.

There will be no electronic music at all ?

:)

I cannot predict but I can say what I long for.....

Maximal, fresh, cyberdelic, supersonic psychedelic goa trance come back....

What an idealisation, but what a heck, there are another thousands of people longing for the same thing...I truly hope someone will hear our silent scream....:P

We already got a lot of fullon, progressive and minimal. But some of the newest genres that appear are Psylow and Psychill... check out our mp3-section on psychedelicplanet.com, it is updated almost daily, and you can download it all for free.

The Future brings us more and better music than today due to the development of electronic equipment, which makes it possible to manifest the musical complexity of our mind in a better way, but what to call the future genres I can't tell.

Posted Image

Please drop by

See you in the Future B)

Tigo

Well you gotta wonder, will sound and melodies in music ever reach a limit?

Electronic music may be able to go only so far, until there is one point when it's all been done before, or it could go on forever, opening new doors in sound.

I think psytrance, and most other forms of electronic music will eventually evolve to incorporate the element that it misses from music done with live instruments. Like, synths will evolve to make it easier to create sounds that have the complex charateristics and tonality of intstruments like guitars. I'm not saying they will sound like them, but they will have the same aspects of a guitar or any other instrument. When you pluck a guitar string you get a resonant full sound from the vibration of the string that changes, and you can change the sound depending on how you play. You can slide on the strings, you can slap them..etc..

A lot of electronic music of the past had sounds that were very simple and dry. As time progressed they got more complex and elaborate. However, there is still a lot to explore until you get to the stage when every electronic sound you make could be considered a new instrument such as the trombone or the flute since they are just as complex and changing in sound.

Just my two cents...

^_^ hmmmmm..... maybe these days we'll witness the birth of the FUN-trance genre: Psytrance packed with energy, kerfuffle and with crazy titles, funny voices/samples and sounds - all with that inexplicable ability to make you laugh you arse off and realise that life can be more fun than going to the movies. :lol:

I am thinking along the lines of 1200 Mics - High Paradise, Nibiru - Paranoid, Hallucinogen - Jiggle of the Sfinx and some of the new stuff on Unusual Suspects 2: Long Long Arms, Balloon Dance and Stretchtastic :P

Then again, genres are for librarians.... <_<