X-Dream

Cinos

Consider this. First they release two, arguably mediocre albums. Then along comes the masterpiece that is Radio.

After which, two really mediocre ones follow.

So the pattern seems to be:

2 bad (or mediocre) albums - 1 good album.

And according to this, they should top Radio next time, seeing as Irritant & We Interface were both worse than Trip and Happiness.

Right? ;)

Consider this. First they release two, arguably mediocre albums. Then along comes the masterpiece that is Radio.

After which, two really mediocre ones follow.

Right?  ;)

223996[/snapback]

Wrong ;)

Their first two releases are very nice.Especially 'We Created Our Own Happiness' is a fuckin masterpiece!!

Afterall,X-Dream music is now more techno\electro than psy.So their next album will probably be electro style.

For me 'we created our happiness' was their best album.

but anyway Their next album should be great

224010[/snapback]

I guess it really depends on your taste because Irritant and We Interface are my 2 more favorite albums.

How can you people like Irritant? It's so... irritating. I'd rather listen to techno than this, at least there are more melodies in it. ;)

Taste is such a weird thing.

Maybe you should bet over this.

I very much hope it'll be better but I like We Interface ..so for the next to be better .. well .. i'm not that lucky..

and as i'm betting i have to sum up the probabilities and say

i think the next album won't be better..

but when the album is released how will we judge its quality....?

First they release two, arguably mediocre albums

well that's arguable... ;)

And yes, personally I have also prefered Marcus' side-projects to X-Dream... and no I DON'T consider Radio to be such a masterpiece... for me their best work were their first 2 albums, although I didn't consider them to be particularly outstanding either. However Irritant and especially We Interface are even worse... so for me it's 2 good albums - 1 average - 2 bad. What do you make out of that pattern? ;)

well that's arguable... ;)

And yes, personally I have also prefered Marcus' side-projects to X-Dream...  and no I DON'T consider Radio to be such a masterpiece... for me their best work were their first 2 albums, although I didn't consider them to be particularly outstanding either. However Irritant and especially We Interface are even worse... so for me it's 2 good albums - 1 average - 2 bad. What do you make out of that pattern? ;)

224072[/snapback]

Next would be one average and then 2 good!

No offense, but attempting to create patterns of the quality of a group's releases is... to put it bluntly, retarded. You'll find that people's tastes differ so much that there is absolutely no real correlation between what you consider your pattern to everyone else's pattern. Take IM for example. An agreement can't even be reached as to when their peak was reached. Some say The Gathering, some say Classical Mushroom. And of course you have the 12 year olds that think IM the Supervisor is some "phat shiznit". Also, most bands evolve, and never (well almost never, because I'll obviously get some obscure example shoved down my throat) do they evolve in a cyclical pattern. Meaning, they won't wind up producing an album later in their evolution that sounds like an earlier one (if that is what you are looking for to call "good").

cheers

-ensign

yo ensign, what's up?

i second u on that one man...

this topic makes no sense, maybe someone is bored today?

and people who don't think xdream's album are good obviously have no idea what they r talking about... u may not like the style (i really didn't like the last album for example) but those guys make good music, no doubt... good production, fat sounds, great arrangements, innovative music..

so my advice to those people is: start making music then u will understand...

cause u are only judging albums by the style and not by the actual quality of it...

yo ensign, what's up?

i second u on that one man...

this topic makes no sense, maybe someone is bored today?

and people who don't think xdream's album are good obviously have no idea what they r talking about... u may not like the style (i really didn't like the last album for example) but those guys make good music, no doubt... good production, fat sounds, great arrangements, innovative music..

so my advice to those people is: start making music then u will understand...

cause u are only judging albums by the style and not by the actual quality of it...

224157[/snapback]

nada mucho man... it's snowing here. and you're right in terms of people judging based on style. style is way more subjective than is production. and to see production you have to step back and look at the total picture.... which is hard to do for some fanboys of this or that.

-ensign

well x dream is ok.. some nice moments, some not so nice...

they have this hard-hitting tech/electro-like feeling nowadays, which is nice and a big 'show' in their lives... but its not the best music out there, neither in psytrance and neither in tech/electro....

lets see whats up next

I say that Our Own Happiness and Radio are their best albums, one as goa trance masterpiece other as psychedelic madness. Trip To Trancesylvania was pretty nice, morning album and I started enjoying Irritant after dozens of listens actually, but the only album I can't get into is We Interface. Blah ! What a shame they never made an album like PANIC IN PARADISE / STOP songs which are 2 of my favourite ones from them...That kind of intelligent psychedelia is really what they forgot about. Even though I really liked Radio, that level of minimalism was way ahead of its time, they made minimal at the time when epic structures were ruling, before minimal progression in 2000. if they only made Radio in 2000 and another pure psy goa album in 98, then their discography would have taken completely different turn...:)

No offense, but attempting to create patterns of the quality of a group's releases is... to put it bluntly, retarded. 

224149[/snapback]

I obviously wasn't serious. Is that really so hard to tell? :rolleyes:

No offense, but attempting to create patterns of the quality of a group's releases is... to put it bluntly, retarded.

224149[/snapback]

lol...

For me, I always felt Radio is way overrated. I mean, its dark and stomping, and has lots of psychedelic, twisted, zipper-ripping altered sounds... Well, okay I can see how its good, its all pumped up and twisting popping music, but so many of you seem to consider Radio like some dark psytrance album that revolutionize and is so amazing?!, I mean, why is this such a masterpiece?, Radio is just one of those few albums that I never "got" or fully understood, but sure it kicks a lot of ass; there's not really any melodies though, or if there is its rare and hardly existent.

Its been years since I've heard both Radio and We Created Our Own Happiness, and I remember them both being the best two main albums by X-Dream. Trip To Trancesylvania is nice, probably more for its time because it sounds so dated (there is one great, beautiful track but I forget the name) but overall I find it so REPETITIVE and boring!

Irritant is decent or pretty good in general, but its just not that imaginative; it has sime really tracks; overall a fairly good release, not great. Its darker but I think when compared to Radio its not even in the same ball park so its basically a disappointment coming from someone like X-Dream, its still a cool album, just not that good.

And lastly, We Interface. I don't know where to begin. Looking at a brand new sound, style, and album, I really, REALLY like the first track. Listen to it loud at night on an awesome system while driving, maybe dancing in some club, it is so cool, but I don't really like almost all the tracks on their 2004 album. Some seem not that imaginative, too miminal, and somewhat repetitive... or just not good and very shallow. I almost feel like I'm being teased if that makes any sense. But several songs have this interesting, unique kind of sound and direction, like one or two with the girls voices... its just different and unique for what it is, but I overall don't find this album good, and yet I love the first track! Their electro/techno approach however just sounds too miminal at times from what I'd expect from X-Dream. Its still interesting to hear them be different I suppose, but whatever, I expected more; something with more depth, something that feels less "plastic" i.e: fleeting, shallow, synthetic. (style without substance)

There best albums are:

We Created Our Own Happiness... and Radio.

Their best side projects are:

The Delta (the first one obviously) and COP (Children of Paradise is freekin so cool!!!)

My favorites are We Created Our Own Happiness, followed by Radio, and then COP and The Delta.

For me, I always felt Radio is way overrated. I mean, its dark and stomping, and has lots of psychedelic, twisted, zipper-ripping altered sounds... Well, okay I can see how its good, its all pumped up and twisting popping music, but so many of you seem to consider Radio like some dark psytrance album that revolutionize and is so amazing?!, I mean, why is this such a masterpiece?

224315[/snapback]

1998?