A little help in Cubase SX

Hey guys, I'm new here, listening to psy for about 5 years, maybe more, recently began messing around with cubase and stuff and I got some questions.

First, do you have any suggestions or tips on how to make a good bassline? I don't want it to be monotonic, too, like I heard in many Full On tracks.

Next, Do you have any sugestions on good Bass VSTi? Same question for brass and horns VSTi.

And lastly, sometimes when I press play in Cubase, the program doesn't do anything (it doesn't freeze though, because the buttons are working and everything) for about 10 seconds, and only then starts playing, but that diagonal line (no better way to describe it) that follows the track doesn't move. I don't think it's a resource prob cause my comp's pretty good. Should be enough to use Cubase, anyway. Anybody knows what I'm talking about?

Thanks.

yeah... try to chose a allready made preset and start tweak it till it gets the sound u want it to be... then try to reach the same sound from zero (im not sure the A1 have a restart option, u can chose a different preset) that will defentlly improve ur skills! i cant tell u what and how to do cuz each one with his own taste and u need to learn by yourself! its the BEST way ;) good luck!

Yeah, sure, I'm not expecting you to do it for me, just some tips. That's a great one, thanks.

It's just that many times it comes out very monotonic with like 3 or 4 notes. I noticed the same problem in many recent Full On tracks, and it really turns me off the track. No crativity in this aspect.

Yeah, sure, I'm not expecting you to do it for me, just some tips. That's a great one, thanks.

It's just that many times it comes out very monotonic with like 3 or 4 notes. I noticed the same problem in many recent Full On tracks, and it really turns me off the track. No crativity in this aspect.

223601[/snapback]

well thats fullon... they dont put alot of effort in basslines... kbbbkbbbkbbb all along in thousends of fullon tracks <_<

The thing is, when I try to be creative it usually comes out sounding really wrong

this is the point.

the bassline is only to make the track sound more deep and full

try to turn off the bass in the song (not only in trance)

and the song will be empty without taste...

well when you make some complicated bassline its no longer fullon...

but im sure you can make some complicated bass line and it still sound fullon

its jost a matter of time

you need to practise...

if you want ican try to make some example for you....

to be hunest its been a while seans i make trance music...

but i can try it any way...

jost say "yes" ;)

and by the way i think that the best bass vsti is

novation bass station...

this one is the best for real!!!

Nah I don't wat you to do it for me, just a couple of tips like a pattern maybe or what note is goo with what note, stuff like that.

Anyway, I don't really try to make Full On. At the meantime, i'm just messing around with Cubase and learning it, making some sort of track, learning through trial and error, so the bassline doesn't have to be a full on one.