what about fruityloops and reason ?

hi

I would like to know why you are using all kind of synths and programs to do music.

I use only fruity loops and reason and i can do something really good with them

I do all kind of electronic music and rap music too

I have compose a lot of good beats with fruity. i like to do trance- psytrance and drum n bass music but O-k my tracks are not masterized and i never finished a beat because

A beat is never perfect --

Respect BeOn

Fruity Loops is very weak and limits your freedom significantly.

Reason is much better and gives many more choices[especially the upcoming Reason 3] then again you need a sequencer such as Cubase for the final cut/mastering of the track..

223743[/snapback]

get cubase sx and rewire reason.

thankx man

i have reason- -the first version

there is a big difference with the third ???

223801[/snapback]

huge.

Reason 1 is really poor.

Reason 2 is much better but still not enough.

Reason 2.5 is improved and has a lot of additions [ new reverb, scream4, vocoder, etc ]

Reason 3 will rock :)

will be released on 10th march.

check www.propellerheads.se

its easy to blame the program :P

223879[/snapback]

sorru but this is a fact... i don't think you want to compare fruity with Cubase or logic or Reason in terms of sound quality etc ? From creating sounds [ with Malstrom/Subtractor ] to mastering with equalisers and compressors..

sorry guys , but all of this is bullshit , cubase isnt better than fruity and etc. its just a matter of skills and both have the same quality and etc.

i use fl and reason for my production and im happy with it , my advice is if you like fl and reason stay at it and work in your skills and techniques and youll get there.

sorry guys , but all of this is bullshit , cubase isnt better than fruity and etc. its just a matter of skills and both have the same quality and etc.

i use fl and reason for my production and im happy with it , my advice is if you like fl and reason stay at it and work in your skills and techniques and youll get there.

223900[/snapback]

It's not bullshit... Certainly, FL doesnt have the same quality as Cubase... That's for SURE>. Just see all the features cubase has.... IT's no point arguing...

Btw, have you seen any well-known artist using fruity ? NO. Many of them combine their hardware with Cubase or Logic however...

Texas Faggot? Ever heard? :rolleyes:

223958[/snapback]

Although I really like Texas Faggott I would not claim that it is the pinnacle of production.

I don't think they are so bothered with the production though and don't really care about having great sound.

It's about great music instead, which is fine by me.

But sure, if fruity or reason is all you are used to you can stick with it and be happy.

But don't even try to use cubase or logic for mixing just to try for yourself how different they sound.

Because then you will not want to go back, at least that seems to be the case for most producers.

And don't confuse skill and tools.

They are two separate things, and if people notice a difference between to tools it's no point telling them to use the tool they think is bad and work on the skills.

Good tools and good skills is the best combination of course.

What is a good sequencer depends on your priority.

If you like some producers prioritise a fun work environment then fruity or reason can be better tools.

If really good sound is one of your priorities, then you will be better off with logic or cubase instead.

Most the people that get started with fruity or reason end up mixing in other software for a reason....it sounds better if you do.

To say that they are all speaking "bullskit" because they note a difference is being a bit over the top I think.

@AmithabaBuddha

Have you even made a proper test by mixing in other sequencers yourself?

What method did you use when comparing?

If you have not made a proper comparasion, how can you say you know and keep blaming peoples skills?

Btw, have you seen any well-known artist using  fruity ? NO. Many of them combine their hardware with Cubase or Logic however...

K, and what about Bizzare Contact? I find they have proffessional mastered tracks, but they are using FL... funny, but true.

If you're just beginning to make music then pick FRUITY.

It is the best way to understand everything abot music-making.

Later on you still jump over to cubase or reason.

Fruity is the easiest & most creative program of them all.

If you start cubase from beginning you will get frustrated by all the technical details & end up with that "KILLAAAR" bassline with some stupid melodies.

In the begin you need to explore one part after another.

Stay away from every commercial synth or complicated program the first 2 years.

get yourself fruity 5 & start experimenting.

Learn every little detail about TS404 & osc3, & find as much totorials as possible.

Ts404 & osc3 were made by fruity, they are very easy, the sound sucks BUT if you don't understand these 2 you will never ever learn how to use complicated synths in a decent way. Before you can make good electronic music you should understand electronic sound. So learn synth after synth after synth, every detail. And test yourself often:

can i remake the sound of a 303? for example.

If you can't do it, you're not ready for new synths yet. people who don't appreciate simplistic or mediocre sound will never know how to create good sounds without using a preset.

First you need to know the basics, this takes about 1 or 2 years experimenting & learning.

So luckely we have fruity, very basic, very easy, you'll learn alot & real quick.

The sound sucks compared to cubase. best sound in fruity sounds like a baby playing with cubase. So it can be good enough, if you're a fruity-pro.

But if you start making music in cubase you'll be jumping like a little kid if you can figure out how to let a preset run in the first week.

but I don't know if you're beginning, maybe you're a pro :lol:

fruity: positive: easy to learn your instrumental skillz, entertaining, quick, lots of creative freedom,

negative: sound sucks, but is that important for beginners? no!

cubase: positive: kick ass sound

negative: slow creation=>simplistic creation, frustrating for beginners. Only for pro musicians

Although I really like Texas Faggott I would not claim that it is the pinnacle of production.

I don't think they are so bothered with the production though and don't really care about having great sound.

It's about great music instead, which is fine by me.

But sure, if fruity or reason is all you are used to you can stick with it and be happy.

But don't even try to use cubase or logic for mixing just to try for yourself how different they sound.

Because then you will not want to go back, at least that seems to be the case for most producers.

And don't confuse skill and tools.

They are two separate things, and if people notice a difference between to tools it's no point telling them to use the tool they think is bad and work on the skills.

Good tools and good skills is the best combination of course.

What is a good sequencer depends on your priority.

If you like some producers prioritise a fun work environment then fruity or reason can be better tools.

If really good sound is one of your priorities, then you will be better off with logic or cubase instead.

Most the people that get started with fruity or reason end up mixing in other software for a reason....it sounds better if you do.

To say that they are all speaking "bullskit" because they note a difference is being a bit over the top I think.

223963[/snapback]

Yes, I understand they're not well-known for their production value, but I was simply answering his question. Texas Faggot is a well-known artist, isn't it?

Yes, I admit it. It's true that Logic, Cubase and other big sequencers sound better, but that doesn't mean that Fruity has to sound bad. In fact, I believe that it's capable producing just as good sound as the ones I mentioned. After all, they're all mastered using the same tools.

Why don't the professional artist use it then? 'Cause it lacks of proper hardware support and eats up a little bit too much of CPU. Not to mention that its GUI is harshly different from the sequencers they've been using for years.

Well, that's what I think anyway.

It's not bullshit... Certainly, FL doesnt have the same quality as Cubase... That's for SURE>. Just see all the features cubase has.... IT's no point arguing...

Btw, have you seen any well-known artist using  fruity ? NO. Many of them combine their hardware with Cubase or Logic however...

223903[/snapback]

we´re not in the stoneage , so nowadays almost every producer uses software.

and yes you will see a well-known artist that works with fruity and reason. That person is me.

Take care.

but I don't know if you're beginning, maybe you're a pro  :lol:

fruity: positive: easy to learn your instrumental skillz, entertaining, quick, lots of creative freedom,

negative: sound sucks, but is that important for beginners? no!

cubase: positive: kick ass sound

negative: slow creation=>simplistic creation, frustrating for beginners. Only for pro musicians

224057[/snapback]

sorry beeing to harsh on this answer but if your song in fruity sound bad its you thats sounds bad not the program.

well.. the eternal fight...

i used to use reason myself for like a year...

then i moved to logic... it's true u can make good tunes with reason or fruity loops, but logic or cubase just has a better sound.. it is undeniable...

the sound is fatter, heavier, while the sound coming out of fruity or reason has this software sound to it...

so amithababudha and the others who think reason or fruity is as good as logic or cubase, just get a copy of either one of them, make some tunes with it for a few weeks, and then come back and tell me which is better...

i mean why on earth would all the major acts in the scene (hallucinogen, infected, gms, talamasca and countless others) use logic or cubase if fruity or reason was just as good?? doesn't make any sense to me...

i think the pb is when people who use fruity or reason hear that those pgms r not as good , they think we are saying that their music is not good... that's not what people are saying... i heard some of ur tunes amithababudha and i think u definitely has some talent, but i am telling u if u move to logic or cubase u will improve ur production...

personally, i find Windows Sound Recorder to be the best music making tool ever created. With effects like "Increase Volume", "Decrease Speed", and "Add Echo", who can deny its greatness? It will even let you save as a fully uncompressed wave file!

I hear Cubase and Logic programmers are attempting to port over this incredible tool, but are finding it rather difficult as its functions are so complex that some might even claim Aliens must have coded it.

-Bill Gates

well.. the eternal fight...

i used to use reason myself for like a year...

then i moved to logic... it's true u can make good tunes with reason or fruity loops, but logic or cubase just has a better sound.. it is undeniable...

the sound is fatter, heavier, while the sound coming out of fruity or reason has this software sound to it...

so amithababudha and the others who think reason or fruity is as good as logic or cubase, just get a copy of either one of them, make some tunes with it for a few weeks, and then come back and tell me which is better...

i mean why on earth would all the major acts in the scene (hallucinogen, infected, gms, talamasca and countless others) use logic or cubase if fruity or reason was just as good?? doesn't make any sense to me...

i think the pb is when people who use fruity or reason hear that those pgms r not as good , they think we are saying that their music is not good... that's not what people are saying... i heard some of ur tunes amithababudha and i think u definitely has some talent, but i am telling u if u move to logic or cubase u will improve ur production...

224153[/snapback]

dont need to mate ;) the technique is in me , the program already offers me all the stuff i want.

This kind of discussion is pointless. all the programs sound the same. i agree that fruity´s synth arent good , i dont use them at all , i use synth1 and audiorealism bassline and then Reason rewired into FL. so the point here is FL is pratical , simple , direct to the point and fast so i use it as a sequencer/VST host to my productions. :)

we´re not in the stoneage , so nowadays almost every producer uses software.

and yes you will see a well-known artist that works with fruity and reason. That person is me.

Take care.

224119[/snapback]

i didnt say fruity & reason. i said fruity only.

i am aware of the fact the you can create very kewl songs even with FL, but with Reason 3 it will be almost sure.

As far as the stoneage thing is concerned: It's true that software is getting more and more popular but more guyz use hardware, even some new artists[e.g visit Filteria's studio @ www.filteria.com He combines hardware synthesizers with Logic on his mac]