Lucy in space with diamonds - Emerald city

Manuser

Lucy in space with diamonds - Emerald city (Creon records, 2003)

Posted Image

1 Intro 01.24

2 Space Travel 8.32

3 Diamonds and Dreams 9.10

4 Stars comes out at night 8.11

5 Radioland 6.36

6 Dream tripp of a lifetime 8.22

7 Galactic Research 7.50

8 Sky Divers 8.54

9 Powerpipe 10.52

10 Toxic Jam 6.12

11 Outro 0.24

Lucy in space with diamonds. They are Swedish, yet their sound is very different

from what you can hear in the swedish psytrance and progressive trance scene, i.e.

Son kite, Vibrasphere, Logic bomb, Ticon, Human blue, etc..

That album is full on, and generally not my cup of tea...but I gave it a try...All I can

say it's that it can please some old school nostalgic. Of course, it's full on, and it's

hard, it is actually hard psychedelic trance, hard basslines, hard kicklines, but

sometimes not so noisy, at least for some tracks, and some good melodies.

Track 1 and 11 are not real tracks, useless to talk about them...I pretty

enjoy track 7 Galactic Research , for its cool melody. Track 8 Sky Divers

is very very hard, too much for me. It starts fast, like a radio edit or

something, and all I can say is I wouldn't like hearing that on party, it makes your

ears feel crazy, with that strident sound. Be careful! ...My favourite is track 4

Stars comes out at night , energetic, and it really reminds me Deedrah's

remix of Lepton head (originally made by Shakta) , not as good, useless to

precise it, but it has some excellent melodies and the synthlines are very very

similar to lepton head Deedrah remix! This one can be a dancefloor killer.

Definitely my favourite on the album. Another cool track is for example track

9, which is pretty soft. Other tracks like track 5 are a bit too hard for

me, but this album will delight full on lovers, and some old school lovers who are not

"allergic" to this kind of music.

I give it a 5.5/10 cause I find it quite varied, and it's not GMS, so ... :)

...And listen to track 4 (*thumbs up*)

• 1 year later...

I can't believe this album only got one mention. Maybe because it's from 3 years ago?

Tracks 3 (Diamonds and Dreams) and 4 (Stars come out at night) are two of my all time favourite psytrance tracks. I play them regularly and they never fail to get me jiggling stupidly. The way the layers build up is wonderful, and the main lead synth used in track 3 has such an awsome psychedelic metalic feel to it, I can't get enough of that sound when it starts midway through the track.

The rest of the album does have a harder, less psychedelic, feel to it as mentioned above, but it's still decent - but the two tracks I've mentioned make it worthwhile alone.

Incidentally, who are these people, and have they done anything since?!

• 5 months later...

I can't believe this album only got one mention. Maybe because it's from 3 years ago?

Tracks 3 (Diamonds and Dreams) and 4 (Stars come out at night) are two of my all time favourite psytrance tracks. I play them regularly and they never fail to get me jiggling stupidly. The way the layers build up is wonderful, and the main lead synth used in track 3 has such an awsome psychedelic metalic feel to it, I can't get enough of that sound when it starts midway through the track.

The rest of the album does have a harder, less psychedelic, feel to it as mentioned above, but it's still decent - but the two tracks I've mentioned make it worthwhile alone.

Incidentally, who are these people, and have they done anything since?!

534455[/snapback]

• 8 months later...

Thanx you Neilz, your point of vue make me the discovering of Stars come out at night wich i find excellent ! really great anthem, .. i need to listen the whole album now :)

Some nice melodies, but this awfully reminds on Miranda, and no wonder when her friend wrote the music. It could have been better actually. 6/10

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

if you like this album .....

then you should be try : lucy in space with diamond- acid tester (kagdila records-2006)

any intresting contact with me.

big respect all

kagdila records

I would say if you are a true fan of lucy or just realy like "emerald city" album you SHOULD NOT check the latest, 2006 album which is terrible + the mastering is crappy. <_<

Emerald City was and still is a masterpiece for me. Perhabs i was just expecting too much by the new album, but i have listened it once again around a week ago and my opinion even get worser after 1 year from release date :(

• 5 years later...

Very hard album. Heavy fullon with a bit goa inluences.

One of the best CDs in 2003.

I 105% agree with you! this album is one of the most complete albums I ever heard. a first good impression is to have each track very different from one another. check! they all hammer home melodies and energy. sometimes loud raunchy space lazers. one thing that really sticks out in this album is the attention to detail. there is more than just the bassline and lead swirling around. little effects popping in and out at the right times make this a surreal experience. the song Dream Trip of a Lifetime is the absolute killer for me. Ka-POW!