Heresy

Zebedee Gherkin

I used to have all of their albums but found I could never listen to any one of them all the way through. I used to turn off the CD player after the third tracks. I like AP's stuff in small doses such as within the context of a various artists compilation but  IMO their material is pretty samey and too straightforward for my liking. For me they never did anything better than 'Mahadeva'.

222260[/snapback]

They have a formula for all of their songs but one hell of a formula!!!

They are musical, very personal sounds, good layering & FX. They are not the most original but very inspirational to other artists and they set a good standardsound for goa trance imo.

Off course, you can have your subjective opinion.

But if you listen to it objectively you'll have to admit this is well made music. I didn't like them that much either few years ago, I always want music to be psychedelic, and AP is not really psy but more trance.

Until i started making music myself. Then i gained alot respect for Ap.

too straightforward for my liking.

:blink:

If AP is too straightforward then give me an example of what you like.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but still u need to chill man...

we know how u feel... yes u r frustrated b/c u don't like full-on... then i would say don't listen to it... put ur negative energy into making goa music that u like, and please stop polluting this forum with ur anti-fullon comments...

be respectful to others, otherwise maybe u need to create ur own forum called "i love goa" or smthg and stay with goa lovers (who btw don't seem to be more open-minded that people who r very much into full-on...)

222552[/snapback]

there´s no need for such harshness , but yes i have my very own reasons to hate full on and i feel fustrated , thats why sometimes i bash it , but i stopped to make that recently.

I respect others if the others respect me . thats the way it works. the fact i could be an artist doenst mean i shut up my mouth and cant give proper opinions , like one of them is , full on isnt good. and yes i will make that in my music , im sure that will be arranged. i have my religion and my religion is Goa , im sure other people feels the same as me , and why dont you guys go and bash the people that feel and talk the same as myself? the fact i am an artist changes it all? is that why you people talk about me? maybe the real Heresy is called Fullon and not Astral projection.. .. at least thats what changed the real world and psykadelia.

and yes i hate fullon. hate is not a bad thing . God feel hate too.

benf52 , thanks for bringing me my attention. my intention isnt to offense anyone .

sorry if i ofended anyone.

Filipe.

ammithbaba...

sorry if i was a little harsh.. and thanx for being open to crticism

i picked u b/c u r the one who critizes full-on the most out there...

and the fact that u make music has nothing to do with it...

i do think that hate is a bad thing.. i mean it doesn't do any good to hate smthg, it only brings bad emotions... and as far as god is concerned.. well i may irritate some people but i don't think there is a god outthere.. i don't believe in religion either.. it does more bad than good imo...

and trust me i know a little bit how u feel... i have issues with a lot of the full-on being released too, just try to focus on the good releases and maybe go back to listening the good stuff from a few years ago, like i have been doing these days :)

hope there is no hard feelings btw us...

AP...ehm :) ...when I started to listen to goa AP was véry good... I just couldn't get enough of those very beautiful melodies :) ... I even once listened repeatedly 'Nilaya' and 'Mahadeva' like 100 times... and still it wasn't boring! :D But yeah, my taste has changed and AP isn't in my playlist that often... it's too simple and I find many old school producers way better... So if I feel a need to listen to that 'massiiiv goah bom shankar' stuff I usually pick some other artist...

But 'thumbs up' big time to AP...they're essential part of goa history :)

ammithbaba...

sorry if i was a little harsh.. and thanx for being open to crticism

i picked u b/c u r the one who critizes full-on the most out there...

and the fact that u make music has nothing to do with it...

i do think that hate is a bad thing.. i mean it doesn't do any good to hate smthg, it only brings bad emotions... and as far as god is concerned.. well i may irritate some people but i don't think there is a god outthere.. i don't believe in religion either.. it does more bad than good imo...

and trust me i know a little bit how u feel... i have issues with a lot of the full-on being released too, just try to focus on the good releases and maybe go back to listening the good stuff from a few years ago, like i have been doing these days :)

hope there is no hard feelings btw us...

222581[/snapback]

thanks man :) you´re right , ill try to avoid the bad vibes and concentrating in the good ones , thanks for moving my grey cells too ;) and you Rain gimme a kiss :D:P:P:P:P

AP...ehm :) ...when I started to listen to goa AP was véry good... I just couldn't get enough of those very beautiful melodies :) ... I even once listened repeatedly 'Nilaya' and 'Mahadeva' like 100 times... and still it wasn't boring!  :D But yeah, my taste has changed and AP isn't in my playlist that often... it's too simple and I find many old school producers way better... So if I feel a need to listen to that 'massiiiv goah bom shankar' stuff I usually pick some other artist...

But 'thumbs up' big time to AP...they're essential part of goa history :)

222600[/snapback]

Sums up pretty much what I feel about them too. Astral and MWNN introduced me to goa in the first place, and I have all of APs cds. Still like them (at least the early ones), but they are not the best ones out there. As said, their style could've been a little more diverse.

Hmm. AP has some really great songs, more on the anthemic side of trance. It is often the full albums that are hard to really digest - and they have plenty of mediocre material. But let's not forget the greats, and I think there is a fair share of them!

Deep - not often... melodic, entrancing, emotionally uplifting - frequently!

well, all i can say is Dancing Galaxy was the first psy/goa track i ever heard and it was a few years ago. i am still not bored with it , listen to it all the time. Might be memories and stuff but there are something truly special about alot of their melodies. But music can never be judged , its all about taste. I like em allot though and happy about it

Zebedee Gherkin, shut up.

222470[/snapback]

I agree.

that's one of the rarest old school bands i still can listen to and still am amazed by their music.

kabalah (my favourite)

mahadeva (of course, i 'll never get bored of it)

people can fly

liquid sun

Power gen (live) (live is ten times better than the original, just me)

no one ever dreams

dancing galaxy

so many tracks...they were from another planet...

222443[/snapback]

What purpose does this thread serve? Some people like something, others don't...some people used to like something but moved on...some people didn't used to like but now do...I mean, really, what has to be said on this subject? It's going to be the same thread as any other of this type just with the names and places changed!

I'm tired of this crap! I hate these threads more than people that hate AP hate AP...and more than people who hate full on hate full on...etc...blah...

So....Zebedee Green Vegetable, so you don't like AP. Fine. You can say you don't like the Beatles and Fred Astaire can't dance.

Any fool can criticise. And many do...

AP are not a sacred cow. And I am the first one to jump forward and state how 'Amen' was awful.

But AP put a few albums which in their time were astonishingly good and can now be considered veritable classics.

If it gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling to go strutting around here and showing off (what you believe to be) is your special, iconoclastic streak - go ahead.

Yeah man! Let us start some more threads. Let me see...who else is respected and I can say is complete crap (it is a free world, is it not?)....hmmm....how about X-Dream, or Infected Mushroom (the early albums were the real stinkers, not the new stuff), Doof's first album was terrible. And how about Sandman's Withcraft. That must have been crap too - what is an Israeli doing on a Japanese label, anway? Pleadians suck big time, dude, too. All of their stuff. They are Italian for heaven's sake - what good music has come from Italy except Eros Ramazotti? Koxbox - shit. Huxflux - shit name, shit group. Transwave. Total Eclipse. All of them over-rated.

But if anybody is interested, I can send them my stuff.

It is plenty wicked.

The ladies in my Sunday bridge group really dig it.

Pedro

To those slagging me off for this post. Well, it got you going didnt it?? If you dont see the point of this post, what's the point of having a forum. As I said , I was taking my cue from the post about Hallucinogen.

Seraph, Amith etc. Duh!!.. this forum is about voicing opinions, good and bad. You dont find me getting all upset just cos several people criticised Hallucinogen, a particular fave of mine, in the other post. So, we dont all have the same views about AP as you. Get over it.

I like Astral Projection. They transmit a lot of energy and good vibes and its a great sound to dance to!

Cheesy Melodies? Sometimes perhaps. But dont you just love it?

Whats more funny its that lately my favorite music from Ap is a chill out one: Ambient Galaxy. Very GOOD!

Basilik i read Dune some years now and its a great book(s). (Different from the movie and more complete).

To those slagging me off for this post. Well, it got you going didnt it?? If you dont see the point of this post, what's the point of having a forum. As I  said , I was taking my cue from the post about Hallucinogen. 

Seraph, Amith etc. Duh!!.. this forum is about voicing opinions, good and bad. You dont find me getting all upset just cos several people criticised Hallucinogen, a particular fave of mine, in the other post. So, we dont all have the same views about AP as you. Get over it.

222771[/snapback]

at a certain point you are right but If I would start a thread every time I heard goa that I didn't like :rolleyes: ... I would like be a full time job, they should pay me for doing that :D cool job...

off course it's your right to open threads like this but you could have expected that kind of replies... You say we have to get over it because you don't have the same vieuw about AP as we do... that's just kicking the ball in our direction... we also have the right to express our vision about AP

conclusion: this kind of topics always bring ups the pro & contra's replies and no one is right at the end...

so let's just keep it peacefull B)

respect to you Zebedee Gherkin ;)

I remember thinking Power Gen was awsome when it came.

And I thouroghly enjoyed trust in trance.

If I would put it on today I doubt I could enjoy it though.

The change in style they helped to start became for me very boring quickly.

I hesitate to call them old-school myself, because I never heard about them until sometime 94, and the stuff that came in their footsteps was less goa for me than the groups I think is the real goa style in my own narrow view. (tip, total eclipse, koxbox, plaedians, juno etc).

They where surely poineers, but for me the style the became to pioneer was not defining goa but rather deviating from it.

But at least I did have a couple of really proper blasts on the dancefloor to their stuff, and I do have some respect for them due to that.

They sure kick ass compared to hallucinogen IMHO anyway.

Sorry for always complaining in these threads.

But the three most overrated groups IMO is hallucinogen, infected mushroom and astral projection.

Of course they are not bad any of them at what they do, but I didn't get into their styles myself.

Most of the other big acts from the days I really liked then and still like to listen to now.

But the three most overrated groups IMO is hallucinogen, infected mushroom and astral projection.

223132[/snapback]

However did you just manage to call the three best groups overrated? Whew, I say.

at a certain point you are right but If I would start a thread every time I heard goa that I didn't like  :rolleyes: ... I would like be a full time job, they should pay me for doing that  :D cool job...

off course it's your right to open threads like this but you could have expected that kind of replies... You say we have to get over it because you don't have the same vieuw about AP as we do... that's just kicking the ball in our direction... we also have the right to express our vision about AP

conclusion: this kind of topics always bring ups the pro & contra's replies and no one is right at the end...

so let's just keep it peacefull  B)

respect to you Zebedee Gherkin  ;)

222950[/snapback]

Indeed. Likewise I wouldn't start a post about every band I didn't like either. However, I like to get FRIENDLY debates going about anything that's generally regarded as great, classic, the best of its kind, most popular whatever e.g. Harry Potter books, the Beatles, Lord of the Rings films, Princess Diana. Why? because I think a lot of people are like sheep and accept things without questioning them. I like to question everything. So, on a very minor level I just wanted to get people's views here on why AP are so well regarded on the psy scene. I never said I didn't like them, just that I think they're best in small doses. Maybe it was a language thing. If it's any easier I can post in French, German or Italian. No problem.

I think a lot of people are like sheep and  accept things without questioning them. I like to question everything.

223181[/snapback]

That attitude is not appreciated here... I know from personal experience. In fact nobody likes it. (except people like me)