03. Acidance 7:31 148bpm

04. Gaijinrocker 8:35 146bpm

05. See The Light (Blue Beat Mix) 7:55 147bpm

06. You Decide 5:34 145bpm

07. Nova 3 5:58 145bpm

08. Morning Star 7:40 144bpm

09. Meteor 2004 8:29 142bpm

10. Return To Source 7:23 n/a bpm

01. The Prayer - Sanskrit shlokas, atmospheric pads, psychedelic melodies puts this track on my Eternal Hall of Fame List!! :) :) :)

02. Journey Into The Subconscious - Killer bassline and beat. Touch of old skool goa melodies. High energy pumping here ..

03. Acidance - ethereal pads and acidic sounds stand out in this track.

04. Gaijinrocker - more killer bass and guitar riffs here. When the track begins, you go like "ok" .. and then later in the track, the guitar kicks in .. you go "wow"..

05. See The Light (Blue Beat Mix) - old skool goa, melodic track. ok ok track.

06. You Decide - killer bass is back .. yeah!! .. trippy grooves .. roaring synth sounds .. :) .. 303 sounds are back ..

07. Nova 3 - and you are floating inside the nova .. spacey sounds and floating pads makes this a uplifting track .. Intro resembles sounds from the Goa Gil intro (Forest of the saints), i think ..

08. Morning Star - intro breaks open up to a trippy beat .. psychedelic melodies and spacey floating sounds mark this track .. listener is on his journey to the star ..

09. Meteor 2004 - Space travel reignited with anthem guitars .. psychedelic guitar and groovy beat together in one track .. yeah!! :)

10. Return To Source - No album is complete without the mandatory chillout track in the end .. the whole cosmic experience comes to a peaceful rest here .. time to wake up from your trip .. :)

Really good CD ..

Good music .. melodic, groovy, killer music .. beautifully mastered and structured music .. gets my 9/10

go get your copy ..

love and light,

psybrat

This is certainly the best full on album last year but as Electric Universe album it is surely his weakest and since I expect not every single pioneer to sell for some money there, I don't like it cause my favourite German artist did that too. I was extremely dissapointed when I heard full on bassline and why did he have to use it. I mean listetning to Meteor with full on bassline...C'mon Boris, what happend to you ? Now, even Joti Sidhu with his new album HAD to put full on bassline. I am very angry cause the scene is turning into mainstream and full on is certainly now mainstream of trance...So, as full on album, this gets 8/10 from me but as another Boris effort unfortunately 6/10...

This was a pretty good album overall.

Btw why are we reviewing this album again? There is another thread that was opened in this same review section, when this album first came out in 2004. That's the problem with having no organized database; the reviews get pushed back from the new threads and people forget about the other threads or don't feel like searching through hundreds to find them. One can google them though.

I really miss the old section. Now its like, you write a review and people access it for a couple weeks until it gets old and moves down. Then, unless someone looks for it and posts to update it, it basically becomes forgotten in the history.

I agree with serap but must say this fullon release was for me the most goa influenced fullon release of 2004...

Especially number 8 'morning star' is almost goatrance considering the bass line then... I notice that I prefer old skool artist within the fullon evolution... Space tribe - timestretch was also fullon I enjoyed it just like cosmic expierience...

I believe this album is a proof that expierience and knowledge is great factor... As we are standing now today within the fullon concept 2003-2004-2005 still the old skool artist rise above all newcommers... twisted emotions, negative cause they went fullon but positive that they are better comparing to the new fullon clones...

As in the fullon concept 2004 I would rate it 9/10

As in the psychedelic goa concept from the early 90 until now I would rate it 5/10

Ha Ha!! I just saw this and realised I was listening to it already!! Brilliant Album - Total Electric Universe - full force higher frequency psychoactive trance - listening to it on "small" speakers doesnt do this justice! I heard some tracks played on a flown rig and it was devastating affect on the trance floor! CRANK IT UP!!!

MORE MORE!! :P

I'd call it his best album since the very first one... but I was never a huge E.U. fan. Cosmic Experience is well-named, full of great blasting full-on hits still with that Goa feel. Hmm I should probably go in-depth and do a review since I still have a tough time picking out the favourites here...

Guest al3xandar

The mantra that we listen in the first track is the mantra that is said for Prasadam, food offered to Krishna.

nama om vishnu-padaya krishna-preshthaya bhutale

srimate bhaktivedanta-swamin iti namine

namas te saraswate deve gaura-vani-pracharine

nirvishesha shunyavadi pashchatya desha tarine

namo maha-vadanyaya krishna-prema-pradaya te

krishnaya krishna-chaitanya-namne gaura-twishe namaha

namo brahmanya-devaya go-brahmana-hitaya cha

jagad-dhitaya krishnaya govindaya namo namaha

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, the text of mantra sung in "The prayer" is:

Om

shuklaambaradharaM VishhNuM shashivarNaM chaturbhujam.

Prasana Vadanam Dyayethe, sarva vignobha upashanth aye!

vyaasaM vasishhTha naptaaraM shakteH pautramakalmashham .

paraasharaatmajaM vande shukataataM taponidhim

vyaasaaya vishhNuruupaaya vyaasa roopaaya vishhNave .

namo vai brahma nidhaye vaasishhThaaya namo namaH

avikaaraaya shuddhaaya nityaaya paramaatmane

sadaika ruupa ruupaaya vishhNave sarva jishhNave

yasya smaraNa maatreNa janma saMsaara bandhanaat

vimuchyate namastasmai vishhNave prabhavishhNave

oM namo vishhNave prabhavishhNave

shrii vaishampaayana uvaacha

First three lines are known as "Ganapati Dyanam"

Others I've found in "shrii vishhNu sahasranaama stotram", that originally is times longer. You can hear it live every morning at 5:00 a.m. in Pushkar (Rajastan), if you live close enough to Brahma Temple

• 5 months later...

You know, I really don't care wether this is fullon or something else. This album truly stands out for its name, delivering you a trip into the multidimensional seasons (or something of that kind). Clearly, Boris didn't 'loose' anything at all, all I see is Goa concept transformed into a modern sound... and how :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

seraph..

think of it this way ... who can take old skool melodic goa trance and blend it with fullon groovy beats .. and still have some rocking tracks ..

quote 100%

I'm liking a lot this album . wow . Electric Universe is becoming one of my fav projects.

Why ? Maybe it's the overall mixture : I like the riff they choose, the sounds they do, the patterns,

the choice of vocals' timing ... 303, fast , mystical , rocking guitars ....

maybe some songs sound too much like videogames background music ... this album would also

fit in some matrix fighting scenes ... they use simple melodies (4-5 notes riff) and pump them

really good with lot of acid effects and velocity ... turn your living in a dancefloor , play it loud

even it cud be claimed as goadelic full on , i wud say this is the best production from Boris Blenn , he did lose anything from original goa trance , to me this album is 100 times better then Unify ans 10 times then Blu Planet

thanks for posting the lyrics for the Prayer , if only anyone cud translate it also from sanskrit :)

This album is great.... I can defenitly find (and have found for Nova 3, Journey into the subconcious and morning star) space for most of the tracks in this mix. I do however seem to be the only person who doesn't like Gajinrocker or the Prayer... sorry just can't get into them for some reason. The rest of the album is great though and Journey into the subconcious is a classic.

• 3 weeks later...

So, as full on album, this gets 8/10 from me but as another Boris effort unfortunately 6/10...

I'm listening to One lOve right now, and at least now I understand your point of view.

Yes, this album has worse production and lost much of One Love's goaholic atmosphere ...

It's rhougher , like if they took less time to produce it.

Anyway , I find Gajinrocker and You decide amazing.

And I like also the tracks with the so-loved-so-hated contiunos bassline, even if

they can't IMO be compared to some of MSG 's best works.

i like this album, its better than silence in action imo, because its not that hardcore and not fucked up [to my taste] with excessive guitar use, was it meteor 2004 the only track with guitars here? even then, theire not that terrible, just little bit "yuck" :D and silence in action is harder, with more of those electric universe sounds, cause they sell, and theire not that bad :) the point being - CE seems bit more varied sound wise to me and more refined/sophisticated with more variation to it and more to choose from for more than just fullon lover of one kind, more people can find something for themselves in this album, imo, its possible :)

• 8 months later...