VST Instruments

like I said in the other thread:

My "dream quartet" of VST plugin consists of:

- Audiorealism Bassline (great for thumping and heavy basslines)

- ReFX Vanguard (does most of the synthwork, great in producing metallic Leads, 303's, Gated and Arpeggiated Synths, bassline and FX also)

- Linplug Albino (great for wierd Psy FX, this one is a really powerful synth capable of almost everything)

- Spectrasonics Atmosphere (sample-based pad- and ambient-synth, great for atmospheric soundscapes - and some very nice pads!)

Just thought id ask what VST's people really like. Ive just recentlly aquired Absynth and Novation Bass-Station and am really enjoying those.

221787[/snapback]

I have done some experimentation with Absynth (2) and must say it's insanely advanced - it's capable of such an enormous array of sound, but the complexity makes the learning threshold extremely high. As I loathe working with presets it's very hard for me to get anything done with Absynth. But I guess if I bought it I'd get the manual, so... =)

I have done some experimentation with Absynth (2) and must say it's insanely advanced - it's capable of such an enormous array of sound, but the complexity makes the learning threshold extremely high. As I loathe working with presets it's very hard for me to get anything done with Absynth. But I guess if I bought it I'd get the manual, so... =)

221794[/snapback]

Heh yeah. I hear you there. I feel like i could spend a lifetime making sounds on it.