Cosmosis - Trancendance

Just found that the new Cosmosis album will be out on 14 of March.

Saiko Sounds

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Now, at last, the eagerly awaited fifth album from Cosmosis, "Trancendance" is hot off the press and ready for release.

It has been two years since Cosmosis' last album "Contact" and now Cosmosis storms back with a stunning collection of powerful quality tracks. Tracks included range from blissed out morning uplifters to full-on twisted psychedelic mayhem to consciousness elevating chillage - all presented with the state of the art production level and that special Cosmosis twist that makes the tunes distinctively Cosmosis.

It has been well worth the wait.

There's no album padding here. All the tracks have a unique identity and are imbued with a cheeky sense of humour, Each track has been carefully and precisely crafted as only an experienced psy-trance producer with over ten years of record releases and live and DJ performance under his belt can.

The experience shows.

In a scene where the music can tend towards the generic, it is indeed rare and refreshing to hear an artist with an original voice. This album is destined to become another must-have Psy-Trance classic.

Tracklist:

1. Spontaneous Combustion

2. Naked Chicks

3. Echoes In Eternity (Warm Saki)

4. Inside Yourself

5. One Blinding Illumination (This Is Me)

6. Stormy Monday

7. Re-Order

8. Dead or Alive?

9. Tim's Trip

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

No samples available at the moment, so we'll wait and see =)

Any info - post it here.

Cool. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out. I'm looking forward to hearing the samples! I think this thread should also be put in the general (other than promos) reviews section, because thats where virtually everyone goes the most. Anyway, I almost opened this post by saying WHOA... because thats what I thought for about three seconds. But then I realized that like many other once AWESOME ARTISTS,

Cosmosis - Cosmology - The first album. Excellent, great debut album! No further words.

Cosmology - Synergy - The second album. Great follow-up, some very impressive work, actually lots! This is arguably his best album, and the first was more groundbreaking or innovative for its time.

Cosmosis - Intergalactic - The 3rd album. I almost bought this album, but after reading that according to most listeners, it was less complex and involved than the first two; a step down from the previous great albums, I didn't. I never heard this entire album, so I won't say much more, but according to most reviews from off the old goatrance reviews section, it seems that this album was not bad at all, but there were basically no super-songs, and few people REALLY liked Intergalactic, when compared to the crazy, wild, complex, beautiful, fun, really layered, with lots of catchy layers of sounds and melodies -- first two.

Cosmosis - Contact - His 4th album. It seems that more people liked this one than the third. This is not a bad album at all, but I absolutely hate that track that sounds like Homer Simpson saying, "Weird, sick, crazy, twisted." The sample is so cheesy and annoying; the song so boring and repetitive I feel! Many of the tracks are decent or pretty good though, and when I say "pretty good" I mean "fairly" good, and I feel that there was one really good, if not GREAT track with a very catchy melody or melodies on this 4th album, called Inner Space. The opening track is quite clever and catchy as well; an interesting beginning, but I wish this album was more powerful, ellaborate, imaginative, with a higher level of those magical melodies and lots of layers and innovation, complex, detailed style!, big lift-off's, etc... that made the first two albums so great and according to most people, classic!

In conclusion, Cosmosis has released lots of great work, but his last two albums it seems just don't have those amazing super-songs like his first two albums. Although his last album was not close to bad or half decent, but well above that ... it was overall a far cry from the more challenging, IMPRESSIVE, intricate goatrance of his first two incredible albums, so I'm a bit hesitant with this fifth release. Has Cosmosis actually returned after seveal years with something absolutely awesome; excellent finally, or will this be some more pretty good and decent, more inferior to his earlier work stuff? I suppose this album will be the judge. I pray its not some more mainstream, full-on sound like so many artists seem to be doing these days, and for his sake, and all the thousands of fans, I hope its really over-the-top, melodic, catchy, inventive, and really special, great if not excellent album, but I don't want to hope too much. When I heard the track Inner Space on Contact, those cool, sensitive melodies ... I felt that he still has it in him to make really good, great, catchy songs, and I wondered if he could ever make an album with all tracks as good and even greater than Inner Space, tracks that are just excellent and complex and catchy like back in the day, but new, original, and fresh...

I've only heard Dead Or Alive ? track and I have to tell you Jon, it sounds like his older style ! I was gobsmacked cause I also though after previous one that he won't produce wild, energetic psy but this song completely broke that thinking and I can say that I am pretty amazed if the other ones sounds like that as well...I can hardly wait for his new album !

I've only heard Dead Or Alive ? track and I have to tell you Jon, it sounds like his older style ! I was gobsmacked cause I also though after previous one that he won't produce wild, energetic psy but this song completely broke that thinking and I can say that I am pretty amazed if the other ones sounds like that as well...I can hardly wait for his new album !

221760[/snapback]

Really?!!! That would be awesome Seraph! Thanks for the positive news! :)

woooooooooohooooooooow what I am reading over here... I need to keep an eye on this new section...

new album of cosmosis... and direction goatrance... I won't put my expecations to high like muses rapt but I'm very curcious about this one.... :)

i just like their first album , the rest isnt good. too much dry.

225813[/snapback]

well i found Cosmosis - Intergelactic very subtle... everything fits perfectly but comparing to their first album :mellow: ... let's say I understand what you say...

well i found Cosmosis - Intergelactic very subtle... everything fits perfectly but comparing to their first album :mellow:  ... let's say I understand what you say...

225820[/snapback]

except moonshine from their 3rd album.. ;)

Moosnhine is from Synergy, their second album, ummm, his second album cause they split before that one...And Amithaba, Synergy is not goa trance but it is surely perfect psy...maybe that is why u don't like it....It seems you are exclusively goa freak and nothing else...but that surprise me cause first time I hear about person that is into this music and making this music but listens to only one genre of it...Strange...;

Moosnhine is from Synergy, their second album, ummm, his second album cause they split before that one...And Amithaba, Synergy is not goa trance but it is surely perfect psy...maybe that is why u don't like it....It seems you are exclusively goa freak and nothing else...but that surprise me cause first time I hear about person that is into this music and making this music but listens to only one genre of it...Strange...;

225857[/snapback]

ahhh , i tought so Seraph , you know that Laughing Buddha was the brain of Cosmosis , thats why the 1st album was so great. Since he left Cosmosis , the music started to be dry and that 303 was lost.

Yes i think there´s always a 1st time for everything doesnt it? ;)

You know also that im a goa freak , its the only stuff i like from the psy world is Goa and by the way that psytrance is taking nowadays ... ... i plan it to be that way , sticking to old ancient and warm music , called Goa. B)

Dont expect good'ol music from Bilbo Bagginz cause i think this will be a lot fullon.

It may have some full on elements but I don't think he'd sell so much cause he still has HIS name. I know that means nothing nowadays, but from track Dead or Alive? I can tell you, it has nothing to do with CONTACT. It was very fast, uplifting, a bit old style, and from that track I can predict that whole album may will have some full on elements, but it surely won't be bouncing full on bass line which I am sick of. But, let's not speculate about it and wait for it to come out...Okay ? ;)

Ah, yeah, I forgot, have you heard recent Laughing Buddha stuff ? It is also pretty dry and without 303 too, so I think they both went their own directions and were functioning the best when they were together...;)

Ah, yeah, I forgot, have you heard recent Laughing Buddha stuff ? It is also pretty dry and without 303 too, so I think they both went their own directions and were functioning the best when they were together...;)

225877[/snapback]

yea i know ,new laughing buddha is ... ...

FULL ON! BLHARK! :ph34r:

i think im gonna quit on psy production and im going to start making some normal melodic trance music like unknown source , robert miles or something , or maybe start to dedicating myself to Acid trance too like Kai Tracid. Psytrance has no cure.

It may have some full on elements but I don't think he'd sell so much cause he still has HIS name. I know that means nothing nowadays, but from track Dead or Alive? I can tell you, it has nothing to do with CONTACT. It was very fast, uplifting, a bit old style, and from that track I can predict that whole album may will have some full on elements, but it surely won't be bouncing full on bass line which I am sick of. But, let's not speculate about it and wait for it to come out...Okay ? ;)

225876[/snapback]

true... there will be always fullon elements present in releses 2004 - 2005 but the concept can be goa too... sorry to say but there are moments in filteria's bass lines who are fullon to me too... so :rolleyes: .... it doesn't have to be anti fullon just not 100% fullon.... As long when the melodies are the most important element comparint to the bass line kick I will be satisfied when it comes to melodic psychedelic trance...

Guest antic

OH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT , THIS IS PSY TRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

225969[/snapback]

So, you like the samples or not?

I myself think this is going to be one of the better albums of the year, though I would not think it will be Cosmosis' best. Nothing beats Synergy. I listened to it yesterday and it still kicks ass! True that it sounds inferior compared to today's production standards, but on the other hand it's more complicated, layered and psychedelic that any stuff (I've heard) released in last 2-3 years. All of the tracks on this album are masterpieces, creating an atmosphere and a story of it's own, yet still maintaining an "album feel" to all of it.

So, this will probably the first album in quite some time I'll buy without downloading first. I know I can't miss there :)

NP: Cosmosis - Oceanic :D

hehe amitha, you've changed your post while I was writting mine :)

225972[/snapback]

loloololol , you caught me , i was listening to the 1st prewiew and i became euphoric , but it seemed it was too early to became euphoric cause the 2nd track disapointed me for the rest of the album. ;)

PS- i didnt listened more samples from that point.

conclusion : the album isnt good. get Cosmology the best beautiful piece blessed by God.

Synergy is not goa trance but it is surely perfect psy...

225857[/snapback]

Hey I was thinking about that. I thought they were both goatrance, but I found myself liking the first one over Synergy because something about the melodies was so great, for me more catchy overall than Synergy, even though most people consider Synergy as great or better.

So what exactly makes Synergy Psytrance and Cosmology goatrance? I mean, Cosmology sounds more old-skool and melodic, and Synergy sounds more modern while still having a good amount of melodies; they are both psychedelic sounding, but (?) why would Synergy not be goatrance? Or would you consider it psychedelic goatrance? ;)

And I heard the samples for Cosmosis 5th album. Hmmm... while obviouly psytrance.

OMG!!! No. Please tell me track 7 called Re-Order is an accidentally placed sample! If not, then he took the song, bassline, beat, melodies, and hum's from that popular, mainstream song that goes... "Do it like they do on the discovery channel..." Whats that artists name? I can't place my finger on it right now. Some of you have got to have heard that song before! It has a guy singing to it, "So do it like they do on the discovery channel." Yeah, no, this can't be right. And that song or sample uses ALL THE SAME SOUNDS as that mainstream radio song, including all the melodies!!! Is this a joke? This can't be him, I heard this the other day on in a club and it sounded the same, maybe a little less fast.

Aside from that shock, I still pray this is some mistake! Did you not all NOTICE THIS??? The first several tracks seem less minimal in general for what we'd expect from Cosmosis, and there doesn't seem like there is that many melodies in the beginning, but then several tracks in the middle seem to pick up better and have a decent melody. Overall, its just not that intricate or imaginative sounding when compared to his first two albums. So far I was more impressed with the CONTACT samples then these, but time will tell when this comes out. Track 6 sounds pretty cool to me, but like many others its not all that exciting, you know? I don't know, I'm hoping its much better when it comes out but I'm starting to expect less... This is a more "new" Cosmosis sound than old or close to goatrance in general, and his sound is leaning more toward full-on which worries me a bit because Full On seems to be the ultimate psytrance club-friendly albums, which are usually the least imaginative and risky because they have this formula to appeal to the mainstream, regardless if they innovate a style or fall in the general mold. I HOPE its not that way with Cosmosis. I'll have to hear longer samples when they're available on Saiko Sounds, but I still can't get over what the hell I heard when I clicked on the sample for track 7. That is like, not a song made by Cosmosis unless someone lined up the wrong song to that sample :huh:

Guest antic

OMG!!! No. Please tell me track 7 called Re-Order is an accidentally placed sample! If not, then he took the song, bassline, beat, melodies, and hum's from that popular, mainstream song that goes... "Do it like they do on the discovery channel..." Whats that artists name?

226018[/snapback]

The track you're reffering to is The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang, but you're wrong - Re-order is a remix of Blue Moday by New Order, a very popular song in 70-80's I think (lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/n/new-order/99876.html)

I just heard the sample of the track and I cant judge it from this short snippet. On other forums though (not isratrance :)) I heard people praising that track, so meybe it's a propper remix, not like most of the stuff released by israeli KILLAAHHRR artists ;)

It's just two weeks to release date. I'm gonna definitely check it out :)

Jon, I meant that first album is goa trance just because of those massive melodies that just morph one to another where second album is more concentrated on mind work, experimenting with different sounds and noises, you can even hear country guitar sample. When I hear playing with your brain I say it is psychedelic, when is strictly focused on layers and layers of melodies I call it goa trance. Maybe 2 tracks could be called goa trance from second one : MOONSHINE and HIGHER ACCESS because of excessive usage of melodies, but that is all in any case psychedelic trance, no matter the labeling...;)

Jon, I meant that first album is goa trance just because of those massive melodies that just morph one to another where second album is more concentrated on mind work, experimenting with different sounds and noises, you can even hear country guitar sample. When I hear playing with your brain I say it is psychedelic, when is strictly focused on layers and layers of melodies I call it goa trance. Maybe 2 tracks could be called goa trance from second one : MOONSHINE and HIGHER ACCESS because of excessive usage of melodies, but that is all in any case psychedelic trance, no matter the labeling...;)

227164[/snapback]

Ahhh Seraph, thank you for explaining that. I have many of the pieces in my head for me to distinguish goatrance from psytrance (granded both are trance that that psychedelic) and your articulative words on this answered my question (s). Now when thinking about what you said, I totally agree with you and I strongly feel that its part-of (cause there's so damn much to it) what you say above which is why it should be known that there is a difference from goatrance and psytrance.

Also, on listening to the samples on psyshop, I can say that I do like this Cosmosis album, and I only really don't care for track 7 because it is a remix or cover of a known mainstream song which my mind instantly thinks of when listening to that track, so I wonder why he bothered doing it or putting it on the album but I'm sure its popular somewhere, just would have probably sounded better had he left the track Re order as a single because its not entirely original. On the plus side, I really like tracks 1 and 5 from the samples. Tracks 8 and 9 sound pretty cool to me as well. I wonder how much of "old" Cosmosis there is in this new album. I wonder if its better than contact and I'm curious to hear the whole thing. :)