psy and drugs

MIT

Truth!

When acid came into the US in the 60's, people started tripping, looking at life through different eyes and completely revolutionised their/our reality:

In the 60's....

-Racism began to dissapate

-Women became empowered, respected and allowed to vote

-people became environmentally concious for the first time

-People began to reject War on a mass scale for the first time. FLOWER POWER! PEACE MAAAAN!

-Music exploded with new sounds(Hendrix, Beatles, Doors etc.)

-Art flourished

-and tie-die was invented!

Big up to Albert Hoffman for changing the World!

Psychedelics can show you many new things, but please be careful. They can be dangerous to your mental health. If you are going to try psychedelics, please read the facts before you take the plunge. http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml  ;)

boooooooooooooooooooooooom!

219726[/snapback]

Nice one mylo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my 2 cents

whether high on drugs, drunk from alcohol, or flying without any substances (other than music), music is heard from different angles, and perspectives. Hell, i do this everyday.... i would be completely sober, and listen to a track one day, and then another day - it would sound compeltely different - well, not completely, but i would "see" things differently than i did the day before. And yes, i would be sober. This same thing happens when im under certain substances aswell.

Anyways, bottom line - music is music, and it is heard from gazillions of different ears, at different times, in different places. Music is Music - it sounds awesome at whatever state you are in.

**Beleive in the power of MUSIC**

I dont really think it's nessesary to flash drugs so openly...  Keep it private and I am 100% cool about it :)

219728[/snapback]

Hey says with a nose full of CAT! :D:D:D lol

Just kidding mate!

I so agree with you. These bands need to keep it on the down-low before people hurt themselves and or cops shut down these parties worldwide.

BTW. did you notice that the biggest drug advertisers in Trance are also the biggest commercial Trance bands... Skazi......1200 Mics... you know the rest.

it's good to promote alternative culture, but pushing the concept of drugs to make more and more cash.... this is going too far.

booom!

ep, just one thing.. I think it has NOTHING to do with age...

I´ve seen old people who have are not conscious at all of drug´s good or bad effects, inspite of all their experience, and I´ve seen young people who are totally conscious of all of drugs good and bad effects, even without direct experience

its not about age..

Ingesting a psychedelic substance can provide the most profound, most life-changing experience you could ever imagine. With psychedelics, literally ANYTHING is possible. That's the crazy part. Since the mind creates all; since the mind gives us all of our concepts and our self-image and our perception of reality, when you alter the mind all of these things change.

There is nothing to "expect" about psychedelics; there are few "rules of thumb" besides resting somewhere comfortable, because you are changing yourself! Each person's experience is different because all minds are different, although human brains, of course, all have similarities.

When you change yourself through a psychedelic, you change your perception of everything else around you, for good or for bad. You can LITERALLY go to Heaven or Hell, to Mars or somewhere beyond, or more likely, to somewhere so alien, so absolutely foriegn that words escape you, yet you are right there in your room! Does it really matter what I say about psychedelics, since all English words were devised under the normal "realm" of consciousness? Perhaps religious terms, which were probably contrived under "fringe" states of consciousness, are the best way to describe it. But not even the Buddha, with his exceptional brain, was around for acid, and shamanistic experience on mushrooms way-back-when was shrouded with more secrecy then the Western and Eastern religious paradigms that populate our language.

About psychedelics and music: the music experience is greatly enhanced on psychedelics, yet it makes one appreciate music MORE during sober states. I would say the same about Ecstasy, although the chemically induced euphoria has its own addiction.

Think personaly for me I could have a bottle of champayne at the party only if need be cuase what I think of the psyfeeling and all somtimes I can plainly just get it from the bush the soundsystem and the people I am there wtih at the time. But also I may pass out before you all and not to get to dance the sunrise so you personaly has to weigh up what you want to get out of the party. And who said people take drugs to be cool?

Thought we were all beyond that by now not like we are in in high school or anything or not like peer preesure. Yhe people that I am aroungd they hardly talk about it if they have taken anything and plainly just go on with tjhe thing they came to do and dance. Its a realy hard question but spose it depends on the individual :rolleyes:

my psy experiences were here at home , lyed down on a sofa , headphones .....

219711[/snapback]

:blink: Headphones while trippin' on what psydrug? Because I have tried to listen to Goa on headphones on Mescaline and it was to.. intence you know. The sound and everything. While trippin' i need my music to be on the monotors/speakers and not in my headphones.

Psychedelic is in fact a drug related word. If there had been no psychedelic substances there would not be any Goa for us to enjoy today, i am shure of it.

Now, if you don't belive me. Build a timemachine. Stop the psychedleic drug evolution and see for your self :)

Has anyone here had an astral projection? I haven't reachd this myself but I have made a lot of research and it seems that walking (well floating) in the astral plane is very psychedelic and you also create world with your subconcious.

If anyone here has had such experience (w/o drugs I mean), please share it! It could prove that 'psychedelic experiences' are reachable (tho not easily) without the use of drugs.

That's what can make my steam boiling over. When I see these openly "promotions" for drugs on CD covers ect. ect.  I dont really think it's nessesary to flash drugs so openly...  Keep it private and I am 100% cool about it :)

219728[/snapback]

exactly. blatant drug use is actually giving the whole scene a bad name. if you need to do it, dont be blatent about it. and people who promote it are stupid because thats not what the scene is about. do what you need to do, but the whole world doesnt need to hear about it. its because of blatent drug use/distribution that our parties all get crashed by cops.

Has anyone here had an astral projection? I haven't reachd this myself but I have made a lot of research and it seems that walking (well floating) in the astral plane is very psychedelic and you also create world with your subconcious.

If anyone here has had such experience (w/o drugs I mean), please share it! It could prove that 'psychedelic experiences' are reachable (tho not easily) without the use of drugs.

219904[/snapback]

Astral Projection is an OutOfBody-Experience, not a psychedelic experience.

A psychedelic experience is characterized by certain changes of perception (vision/hearing/taste/touch) and mental activity, which you do not experience during astral projection.

People use the word psychedelic very liberately and have blurred it's meaning.

Today the word "psychedelic" is so well known that it is commonly used in advertisements. But its meaning has become more clouded as its fame increased. What is psychedelic? A style of lettering on posters? The deafening throb of a rock band? Kaleidoscopic light effects that tire the eyes? Or anything at all that one wishes to sell? The psychedelic fashions will pass, and the word "psychedelic" may have to go with them. It may have lost its ability to refer to an elusive and precious state of consciousness. Say "psychedelic" and you hear the glib voice of the salesman, the hypocritical tones of the mystifier, the rationalizing chatter of the dissipated and purposeless. But this was not what Humphry Osmond meant by the word. "Psychedelic" was a good word. A sick society has degraded its referent and thus the name.

I know I am repeating myself, but since some people don't seem to click on provided links, I will quote this explanation of the word psychedelic again (sorry to all those who have read it ...how many times?....already):

The term "psychedelic" was coined by LSD researcher Humphrey Osmond in a letter to author Aldous Huxley in the mid-1950s. They were searching for a word to describe the effects of mind-altering chemicals such as LSD and mescaline. Other suggestions included "phanerothyme" and "entheogens". It is important to bear these origins in mind when considering the concept of psychedelic music.

:)

Astral Projection is an OutOfBody-Experience, not a psychedelic experience.

A psychedelic experience is characterized by certain changes of perception (vision/hearing/taste/touch) and mental activity, which you do not experience during astral projection.

219932[/snapback]

It's hard to say what is astral projection. Anyway to feel like you left your body is not usual sensation ;)

It's hard to say what is astral projection. Anyway to feel like you left your body is not usual sensation ;)

219957[/snapback]

astral projection can be done without the use of substances...in fact im sure that you are actually not supposed to use substances to obtain this state of consciousness. it is however not a psychedelic experience in anyway.

Hmm... that's weird. Because as I see it; You can create everything during an AP, so why couldn't you turn the OoBE into a psychedelic OoBE?

From what I've heard your perception can change (and changes) during an OoBe also... altho maybe in a different way.

I'll add again just in case: I haven't had an OBE myself and I havent done any hallucinogens, so my talk is theoretical.... I'd like to hear more opinions still :)

Hmm... that's weird. Because as I see it; You can create everything during an AP, so why couldn't you turn the OoBE into a psychedelic OoBE?

220042[/snapback]

ok. ive mentioned this like 10 times today already but here goes.

a "psychedelic experience" is only psychedelic if psychedelic drugs are used. if there are no psychedelic drugs used. its not psychedelic. as simple as that. so no, you cant turn it into a true psychedelic experience without the use of psychedelic drugs.

ok. ive mentioned this like 10 times today already but here goes.

a "psychedelic experience" is only psychedelic if psychedelic drugs are used. if there are no psychedelic drugs used. its not psychedelic. as simple as that.  so no, you cant turn it into a true psychedelic experience without the use of psychedelic drugs.

220044[/snapback]

*BIG big smile man!* :D

Uhmmm.... did you ever have an astral Projection?

You mean a real psychedelic experience is a meaningless chaos of the mind introduced by drugs?

220169[/snapback]

No, I didn't experience an astral projection yet, but still can say that it is not a psychedelic experience, simply by the meaning of the word psychedelic.

It is getting a bit boring, because I am repeating myself over and over again.

The word psychedelic, is derived from psyche = mind and delic = light (as correctly pointed out in the other "Psy" topic) but hadn't been used as such before Humphrey Osmond coined the term in the mid 50th, to describe the effects of mind altering cemicals such as LSD.

And since you are calling a psychedelic experience "a meaningless chaos of the mind introduced by drugs" you seemingly have no clue what you are talking about.

a "psychedelic experience" is only psychedelic if psychedelic drugs are used. if there are no psychedelic drugs used. its not psychedelic. as simple as that.  so no, you cant turn it into a true psychedelic experience without the use of psychedelic drugs.

I would say that's a little of a dogmatic view.

In general I think that the "fact" (for some people on here it obviously seems to be some sort of) that psychedelic music and psychedelic drugs belong together like they are "one thing" shouldn't be treated as that much of a fact.

It's all in your mind. The drugs invoke special chemical reactions in your brain - reactions that make the brain work in a certain other way, a "psychedelic" way. But what if a person has this state of mind naturally? Well ... I know, you can't double the effect of drugs naturally, but still ... some people have another mind than others.

For me psychedelic music and drugs do not go hand in hand - not at all. The music is just a guide for my mind, the mind will do the rest, whether it is set on drugs or not!

I wouldn't doubt that the experience might be a more intense one on drugs, but ... I'm of the opinion it works without quite well either...

No, I didn't experience an astral projection yet, but still can say that it is not a psychedelic experience, simply by the meaning of the word psychedelic.

The word psychedelic, is derived from psyche = mind and delic = light (as you correctly pointed out in the other "Psy" topic) but hadn't been used as such before Humphrey Osmond  coined the term in the mid 50th, to describe the effects of mind altering cemicals such as LSD.

And since you are calling a psychedelic experience "a meaningless chaos of the mind introduced by drugs" you seemingly have no clue what you are talking about.

220178[/snapback]

I am not but you seem to.

Your explanation for a psychedelic experience is that the term was coined in the mid 50th. So are we purely talking about semantics ?

In any case lets agree that it is an altered state of mind.

And that the word psychedelic in his contemporary use (semantics) implies different things not only drugs, which in its origin might or might not have.

the definition of psy music is music created from or for the altered states of consciousness associated with psychoactive drugs! now of course, you can enjoy psy without drugs, but psy was created FOR the drugs. Psy trance is merely druggy goa in my opinion.

"In the 60's....

-Racism began to dissapate

-Women became empowered, respected and allowed to vote"

sorry, but these have nothing to do with the hippy scene, that all started long before. Really, the vietnam war and the sheer number of early 20yo/late teenagers had more effect on "60s" culture than pyschedelics did in reality.

Someon mentioned older ex users which i would count myself as.

One downside i see to modern pys culture is things have become to "guruish" even without real gurus. Like the experience is X or Y and i can quote T or U along with some religious gargon to back up my position on Z.

Pyschedelics dont show you "true" reality, if i was shown anything it was that there is absolutely no "true" reality. If you think you have been shown true reality and believe it, then for all intense purposes from your perspect you have but in reality you have only picked out patterns in clouds or in noise.

Astral Projection is not subjective thing, you can trust Eleria, she definately knows what she is speaking and stop speculating things you don't know about and trying to make her look stupid. If you do some research you might as well find out yourself what is Astral Projection and it surely has nothing to do with psychedelic experience. It is not a state of mind but state of spirit. Your spirit leaves your body and goes into whatever realms your perception percieve it. If your soul belongs to dark relams, it will go to Lower Astral, not such a comfortable place, but if your spirit is by any means enlightened it would go to the Upper Astral. That's the fact, search for it on the internet and you'll find out yourself...There is no need for someone to experience it here to MAKE you believe, those things exist for ages and ages...

But what if a person has this state of mind naturally? Well ... I know, you can't double the effect of drugs naturally, but still ... some people have another mind than others.

220181[/snapback]

ok, look. if after 100 posts, you still dont get it. you wont. as eleria said. im pretty sick of repeating myself.

if you could double the effects of lsd naturally, then you should book yourself straight into the loony bin.

what i am sayin (and listen this time, because i am actually talking sense). whatever you want to experience, whatever you experience, whether it goes hand in hand or not, wether its fun or not. wether its right or not. it doesnt matter..

here's the punchline....and take it in this time...

"YOU CANNOT HAVE A PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCE WITHOUT THE USE OF PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS"

people who choose to not use drugs, choose not to have true psychedelic experiences. im not arguing, im not judging, im not promoting. i merly state the facts.

220178[/snapback]

It's sure not meaningless to some but of course it can be chaos to some and indeed it's true that it's caused by the drug ;)