psy and drugs

MIT

I think we should stop this discussion right now,meet this weekend in Amsterdam,take a walk in Vondelpark,eat some dry hawaiians and talk about it  :)

219653[/snapback]

That's what we talkin about :)

Just can i drink only coffee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People that need drugs to love psy has some serious problems or do not belong in this scene! Thats my opinion!

219654[/snapback]

It's free world!

I not wanna take drugs, but if someone want to do it and if he/she not obstructive my way i not have nothing against him/her :ph34r:

People that need drugs to love psy has some serious problems or do not belong in this scene! Thats my opinion!

219654[/snapback]

It's not that you need "drugs" to enjoy psychedelic music, art, or anything else.

Agree, that people who think that are stupit.

Psychedelic experiences though are experiences you made under the influence of psychedelic "drugs", simple as that.

And Gnome, I agree the only way to demonstrate a psychedelic experience in the actual meaning/sense of the word is a field test.

Let's meet in Amsterdam ;)

I was try in the past and still think it's possible without. Am i crazy or what.

BTW there is so many writers who use some drug for help to write, but there is so many who not do that and IMO they are no weakest writers then others

219658[/snapback]

well...yes. you are. it is impossible to experience psychedelia without psychedelic drugs. especially if you have never done any psychedelics before. i find that writers who use drugs for inspiration (and a LOT of them do, try some of Hunter S Thompsons stuff) is VERY profound and thought provoking. taking a lot of psychedelics "strips away all the bulls1t" from your perception and you start to see things for how they really are. of course you run the risk of becoming clinically insane, but thats a risk a lot of people take for the truth.

I was try in the past and still think it's possible without. Am i crazy or what.

219658[/snapback]

No. You probably had bad acid, or a very low dose.

BTW there is so many writers who use some drug for help to write, but there is so many who not do that and IMO they are no weakest writers then others

It's not about judging.

Psychedelic experiences don't make you any better or worse.

And Gnome, I agree the only way to demonstrate a psychedelic experience in the actual meaning/sense of the word is a field test.

Let's meet in Amsterdam ;)

219665[/snapback]

exactly, it would be for scientific evaluation and experimentation. and not for recreation. this way we would be learning something from it. and it wouldnt be a "druggy" thing. it would be for "closure" and for an educated and founded discovery of the truth. i am keen :)

I think these who take drugs always will say "you can experience it only with drugs" it's old view and if you can not experience something that no mean that no exist.

Most people who not take drugs will say "if you use drugs you never feel the real psymusic/pic/art and you only harm to scene" it's old and little despotic.

It's not about judging.

Psychedelic experiences don't make you any better or worse.

219667[/snapback]

We just tread at one place wihtout move.

I am no judge. This was example that experiance not depence of drugs.

EXPERIENCE DEPENCE OF PERSON B)

Most people who not take drugs will say "if you use drugs you never feel the real psymusic/pic/art and you only harm to scene" it's old and little despotic.

219670[/snapback]

Well, that is really getting silly now.

I strongly recomment to read up on research of psychedelic substances as well as the history of the "scene".

*POFF*

Well, that is really getting silly now.

I strongly recomment to read up on research of psychedelic substances as well as the history of the "scene".

*POFF*

219674[/snapback]

you can also look the post "this party is over" is there connection between this two posts?

I think these who take drugs always will say "you can experience it only with drugs" it's old view and if you can not experience something that no mean that no exist.

219670[/snapback]

ok im a little put off by this to be honest. "these who take drugs will always say" as if we are over a different line, or different to you because we have taken and you have not. speaking as if we are all misled, because we have taken drugs and now everything in our lives revolve around it. the bottom line is: you dont know. and youve already made your mind up and thats fine. but people on the forum are mature and honest ive noted. we are not going to promote drug use in a "crack-addict" type fasion. we dont promote it in anyways. we only state our personal opinions (btw. LSD is practically non-toxic and non-addictive. just so you know). you do not need to take psychedelics to have a good time....but you do if you want to have a psychedelic time...which is usually a very good time.

and you say, if you can not experience something without drugs that it doesnt exist. exactly dude, who the hell said something has to be real for it to be fun?

so long as you KNOW that its not real. there is no problem. taking psychedelics at LEAST ONCE, is sort of a right of passage into "the other side". everyone who has been there, understands what it is. and they get it. if you havnt done it, you dont get it. and youll never get it. as simple as that.

taking a lot of psychedelics "strips away all the bulls1t" from your perception and you start to see things for how they really are.

219666[/snapback]

I've always wondered : to see things as they really are, or from a different perspective, not necessarily better than another one ? :huh:

You got three hours ! :D

J.

You have to take a hit of LSD or any suitable noxious psychedelic to understand truly what's going on in the music! But only once. Thereafter you know what to listen for. :D

On a serious note, a mate's mom did a study on the San ( Bushmen ) in the desert of South Africa. The question was whether they should be arrested for using psychedelics and weed for their ritual trance-dancing. They told her that they need to go into "trance" whilst dancing for their religion. And that drugs speed up this process.

-So with drugs, "trance-state" comes between 1 and 2 hours

-Without drugs 8 hours of solid dancing as a minimum, up to 18 hours

In conclusion!

1.Drugs are very bad for you. Psychedelics affect sanity, Amphetamines affect your heart and brain function.

2.People have used Psychedelics for dancing since the beginning of time. The human brain is able to receive psychedelic substances naturally. Psychedelics and trance-dancing go hand in hand. It's what seperates Simon Posford's music from Christina Aguileira! The original "Goa Parties" in India were actually more "Industrial Parties" until LSD started coming in and the producers started moving over to the Shiva sound! So when it comes to GOA or PSY, Psychedelics were and are the catalyst. The core. Inseperable.

Whether you need drugs, that's up to you. If you choose to use..... Fly safe out there. ;)

Boom!

You have to take a hit of LSD or any suitable noxious psychedelic to understand truly what's going on in the music! But only once. Thereafter you know what to listen for. :D

219697[/snapback]

exactly!!! thank you, thank you, thank you. :D you need to see how far out you can take your mind. and once youve been there. you will always rememeber it. and your mind will in a way always be able to semi-revisit that place. but if its never been there, how is it ever gonna revisit it?

I've always wondered : to see things as they really are, or from a different perspective, not necessarily better than another one ?  :huh:

You got three hours !  :D

J.

219695[/snapback]

no. it changes your perpective, and the way you think for a few hours. so you can look upon situations and see them totally differently. this is not necessarily the right way...however....you now have the same situation but from 2 different perspectives (sober, and tripping). noticing the difference between the 2 perspectives is where the truth lies. lsd doesnt teach you anything you already dont know. it simply shows you. "hey, have you ever thought about it like this?"

gnome.. why is sex on psychedelics pointless? I think its a very very deep experience, not pointless at all

overdose.. I dont think all of the problem is in the quality of ecstasy.. I mean, yeah sure, a lot of the problem is, but a lot of the problem is also on HOW it is used.. people taking big quantities, not drinking enough water or drinkint too much, etc etc... So just making something pure would not be totally good, without the right information ..

and eleria.. yeah I agree, psychedelic experience is not supposed to be something only for parties.. actually a few of my biggest trips were in the nature, and not in parties

BTW i know how this all start, psyculture i mean. But as i like to say people are coming from Africa, but not all of us are black!!!

219678[/snapback]

well, actually thats controversial and there are opposing theories :)

yeah I agree, psychedelic experience is not supposed to be something only for parties.. actually a few of my biggest trips were in the nature, and not in parties

219702[/snapback]

my psy experiences were here at home , lyed down on a sofa , headphones and some good Goa records playing at my stereo.

Psykadelia is the feeling , you can take some drugs (acid , mescaline etc) to spice up the feeling (dont know more cause ive never took drugs , but i dont need drugs to know im a damn Goa freak B) ) .

I like the term (was it terrence mckenna that used?) that psychedelic drugs make you ´triangulate reality´ or something like that.. So you get different views of the same reality, therefore making a better judgment of what goes on.. Its like a GPS system.. It only works once there are 3 different sattelites comparing your position, your relative motion, etc.. If there are less, you dont get an accurate reading..

If you are looking straight into a cube, how can you know it is 3d unless you are able to walk a bit away and notice it´s depth?

now, that does not mean all people should try it.. far from it.. actually some people should not try it at all.. But I think for those with a right mind, no history of psychosis in the family, right situation, unhappy with current models of reality and trully trying to understand whats ´out there´, then psychedelics may give you a glimpse or show you the way (it doesnt take you anywhere, though.. just shows you where to go.. you still have to climb the ladder by yourself)

my psy experiences were here at home , lyed down on a sofa , headphones and some good Goa records playing at my stereo.

Psykadelia is the feeling , you can take some drugs (acid , mescaline etc) to spice up the feeling (dont know more cause ive never took drugs , but i dont need drugs to know im a damn Goa freak B) ) .

219711[/snapback]

I still think you dont cannot really know ´psychedelic´ unless you´ve had that definite specific chemical change in your brain..

219711[/snapback]

im sure you must have had a good time, but it could not have been a psychedelic experience, as you do not do psychedelic drugs. taking the drugs doesnt spice it up. it enables it.

I like the term (was it terrence mckenna that used?) that psychedelic drugs make you ´triangulate reality´ or something like that.. So you get different views of the same reality, therefore making a better judgment of what goes on.. Its like a GPS system.. It only works once there are 3 different sattelites comparing your position, your relative motion, etc.. If there are less, you dont get an accurate reading.. 

219713[/snapback]

yes, that is an excellent description. and very true.

no. it changes your perpective, and the way you think for a few hours. so you can look upon situations and see them totally differently. this is not necessarily the right way...however....you now have the same situation but from 2 different perspectives (sober, and tripping). noticing the difference between the 2 perspectives is where the truth lies. lsd doesnt teach you anything you already dont know. it simply shows you. "hey, have you ever thought about it like this?"

219701[/snapback]

Truth!

When acid came into the US in the 60's, people started tripping, looking at life through different eyes and completely revolutionised their/our reality:

In the 60's....

-Racism began to dissapate

-Women became empowered, respected and allowed to vote

-people became environmentally concious for the first time

-People began to reject War on a mass scale for the first time. FLOWER POWER! PEACE MAAAAN!

-Music exploded with new sounds(Hendrix, Beatles, Doors etc.)

-Art flourished

-and tie-die was invented!

Big up to Albert Hoffman for changing the World!

Psychedelics can show you many new things, but please be careful. They can be dangerous to your mental health. If you are going to try psychedelics, please read the facts before you take the plunge. http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml ;)

boooooooooooooooooooooooom!

I am one of those who certanly have done my share of drugs in the past and now choose the clean way. I have experienced very fun, deep and indeed some bad trips too.

I am 100% pro the view that people should be allowed to do whatever they want to as long as they don't drag other people into it and as long as they know what they are dealing with. Some people live up to that and do their thing in private but unfortinently some also think it's their life's mission to make other people see the "light". Those are the ones I am "campaining" against.

I feel we "the older" expereinced users and ex. users have a responsibilty to talk about the good and indeed bad sides with the younger generations entering our scene so they get a fair chance to make up their own minds before enetering the world of drugs. Unfortinently I also feel that we the oldies have failed quite heavily. I am not going to point fingers since I am pretty sure you all know who i am talking about. There are certain elements among the "oldies" that sure have no problems in campaining heavily for drugs (CD releases is one thing that spring into my mind) and totally miss the idea that they actually have a huge influence on a lot of people in this scene. especially younger people who still look for their identity ect.

That's what can make my steam boiling over. When I see these openly "promotions" for drugs on CD covers ect. ect. I dont really think it's nessesary to flash drugs so openly... Keep it private and I am 100% cool about it :)