psy and drugs

MIT

As i see many people think that psy is connected with drugs!

IMO, since i know what is psyexperience with and without drugs, think that it's totaly different things. Yes you can have psyexperience with drugs, but in general you not need music for this, you just have to take the "pill". And as i say i know what is to have that so strong feeling with acid on party, but hey who say that is impossible without and if you can not tuch it without that no mean some other people can not too.

BTW one of the reasons i am so in love in psychedelic is that sometime i have that feeling since i was a little kid!!! Yes i don't know what is that at that time, but after few party with acid i realy understand what was these conditions and now i try to tuch them with pure mind. Yes it's far more harder, but not impossible!

In short: psyexperience is not dependence of your way to tuch it. Drugs just help for that in most cases.

What is your opinion about that?

Shortcut is the easy way. Easy way is rarely the right way! B)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's far more harder, but not impossible!

Shortcut is the easy way. Easy way is rarely the right way! B)

219594[/snapback]

in my opinion, having fun shouldnt be difficult. it should be the easiest thing possible. i have been to psy festivals and have been clean, and i know what you mean when you say, you feel like a child having fun. running around, playing, laughing, tossing a frisbee around. yeah. you dont need drugs for this. true. you do not need drugs to have an absolutely wonderful time. i do it everyday.

however.

if for you, fun is....

1) euphoria

2) wonderful colourful, humourous hallucinations

3) synesthesia (when all your senses mold into one, seeing music, hearing colour etc...

4) complelte shift in perception and thought pattern

5) general feeling of being pretty wasted

then my friend, you need to consort to drugs. because those symptoms cannot be obtained any other way.

I already told my opinion about this. I don't think you need drugs. To me it's more like the music alone is the drug, good Goa can take you on a trip and expand your consciousness just by listening to it...

but of course you should consider no one would have invented psy and goa without hallucinogens and stuff...

I'm just kinda pissed off by guys that keep telling anyone how cool and stoned they are, that sucks... if you want to take drugs, do so, but don't think you're cooler then...

if you want to take drugs, do so, but don't think you're cooler then...

219606[/snapback]

exactly. i hate it when people think that taking drugs make you cool. in fact, even though i have dabbled myself. taking drugs is NOT cool at all. the fact you have to put some foreign chemical into your body to have a good time is pretty sick really. its all down to what-makes-you-happy. if you like being on drugs at parties, do it. if you dont, dont. it doesnt make you better. it actually just means its more difficult for you to have a real good time, because you need to take something :huh:

im not preaching though. i am very guilty of this myself. but i know that its not a good thing. i just know HOW i want to have fun. and i do it my way. i dont judge others so long as they dont judge me. i have a lot of very close friends who dont take drugs at all and they have a f**king field day at trance parties..

exactly. i hate it when people think that taking drugs make you cool. in fact, even though i have dabbled myself. taking drugs is NOT cool at all. the fact you have to put some foreign chemical into your body to have a good time is pretty sick really. its all down to what-makes-you-happy. if you like being on drugs at parties, do it. if you dont, dont. it doesnt make you better. it actually just means its more difficult for you to have a real good time, because you need to take something  :huh:

im not preaching though. i am very guilty of this myself. but i know that its not a good thing. i just know HOW i want to have fun. and i do it my way. i dont judge others so long as they dont judge me. i have a lot of very close friends who dont take drugs at all and they have a f**king field day at trance parties..

219608[/snapback]

It's your choice. We are living in free world, aren't we?

I just say that psy is not only drugs, but if you want and like to take drugs not think somebody should tell you what to do B)

Well, I think you have to know the consequences and what your doing. It may be a good experience to you, but it will also most likely cause physical and psychic damage...

If that is o.k. for you, I don't think anyone has the right to prevent you from having fun that way. Why is the drug alcohol allowed while most other drugs are not? I think we can get further with total legalization (it would destroy the means of existance of drug dealers...), if we have a good drug education. People should know that drugs are dangerous but when they're adult they should be able to decide for theirselves what's good for them and what's not.

Psychedelia is a feeling.

Can you feel it or not?If yes,then you need nothing.Some acid though could make this feeling better in any ways.

Its like sex,you need nothing to feel the joy of sex,but some coke could make it much better!

Its a fact,noone can deny it.

Can you feel it or not?If yes,then you need nothing.Some acid though could make this feeling better in any ways.

Its like sex,you need nothing to feel the joy of sex,but some coke could make it much better!

219617[/snapback]

True!

But when you are in love...

219617[/snapback]

umm....No. psychedelia is a feeling yes, but this feeling is brought about by psychedelic drugs. any other feeling is not a truely psychedelic one. if you can obtain a fullblown psychedelic experience WITHOUT drugs....then my friend....i think you need to see the doctor....

Well, I think you have to know the consequences and what your doing. It may be a good experience to you, but it will also most likely cause physical and psychic damage...

If that is o.k. for you, I don't think anyone has the right to prevent you from having fun that way. Why is the drug alcohol allowed while most other drugs are not? I think we can get further with total legalization (it would destroy the means of existance of drug dealers...), if we have a good drug education. People should know that drugs are dangerous but when they're adult they should be able to decide for theirselves what's good for them and what's not.

219615[/snapback]

It's too big business unfortunatly

It's too big business unfortunatly

219622[/snapback]

true. if they legalise most drugs. new underground illegal drugs will come out. there will always be illegal drugs around. its such a large business that they will create new drugs when others arnt being sold because they are legal

i was watching a show in london about that they might legalise ecstacy in the future. but it would be pharmacutically produced (clean of all rubbish chemicals) and it would be dirt cheap. ecstasy is sold on the streets for around a 1000% profit mark up. cocaine is sold for around the same influx in price. if it was "goverment issue" a gram of coke would only be like £5 instead of £50.

true. if they legalise most drugs. new underground illegal drugs will come out. there will always be illegal drugs around. its such a large business that they will create new drugs when others arnt being sold because they are legal

i was watching a show in london about that they might legalise ecstacy in the future. but it would be pharmacutically produced (clean of all rubbish chemicals) and it would be dirt cheap. ecstasy is sold on the streets for around a 1000% profit mark up. cocaine is sold for around the same influx in price. if it was "goverment issue" a gram of coke would only be like £5 instead of £50.

219624[/snapback]

XTC is too dangerous for legalize. Anyway the future drug can be just music. You know you can effect to people with sound, mostly infra :P Maybe this is the future of drugs or electroimpulses

XTC is too dangerous for legalize. Anyway the future drug can be just music. You know you can effect to people with sound, mostly infra :P  Maybe this is the future of drugs or electroimpulses

219629[/snapback]

The future is now.just listen to the latest Autechre album.Absolute mindfuck.

well, there is the relation between the ´forefathers´ of psy music and psychedelic drugs, but Im not going to talk about that..

as for myself.. I can trip pretty well on the music itself...

but I wouldnt call it a psychedelic trip.. Anyone who took a strong psychedelic knows that even if you can trip without it, its never the same, when you´re straight you cannot shift too much your general perception, and cannot have visuals so strong and colourfull...

So I enjoy both.. when Im straight, and when I take psychedelics.. Each have disadvantages and advantages... I do like to, in a 5 day festivals, say, trip 2 days, and stay the rest of the days straight... not a rule though, as I´ve been to festivals where I am just completely straight or where I take some psychedelic every day

umm....No.  psychedelia is a feeling yes, but this feeling is brought about by psychedelic drugs. any other feeling is not a truely psychedelic one. if you can obtain a fullblown psychedelic experience WITHOUT drugs....then my friend....i think you need to see the doctor....

219620[/snapback]

There are other ways to open your mind.

Acid is the fastest and more popular.And ok maybe the best also.

Ive seen people creating psychedelic art and dont even know what drugs are.

Ops, this discussion went a bit weired imo.

Psychedelic is not a synonym for having fun and it sure doesn't mean "makes you more horny" when having sex (Btw Cocaine is not a psychedelic "drug")

Sure you can enhance the fun part of a party, or the feelings when having sex, but that is not the main thing about a psychedelic experience.

It is about a profound change of consciousness, which doesn't necessary mean fun and certainly not being cool.

To use psychedelic "drugs" on parties is only a minor part of what these substances can be used for and surely not the most important.

XTC is too dangerous for legalize. Anyway the future drug can be just music. You know you can effect to people with sound, mostly infra :P  Maybe this is the future of drugs or electroimpulses

219629[/snapback]

...what? :blink:

the only reason XTC is dangerous is because it is poorly manufactured in someones bathtub. not in scientific conditions. if manufactured correctly and dosed to each individual person correctly by a doctor. it wouldnt be half as dangerous.

Music being the drug of the future? i seriously doubt that. music is great, and it does effect you. but not nearly as much as pumping designer chemicals into your body. unless the music is going to get me so fcuked up that i cant walk, the walls start breathing and my best friends head keeps turning into a goldfish...id rather stick to what works thank you.... ;)

Psychedelic is not a synonym for having fun and it sure doesn't mean "makes you more horny" when having sex (Btw Cocaine is not a psychedelic "drug")

219643[/snapback]

?

Of course its not.

It was just a comparison. :)

Sex on psychedelics is pointless.

Ops, this discussion went a bit weired imo.

Sure you can enhance the fun part of a party, or the feelings when having sex, but that is not the main thing about a psychedelic experience.

It is about a profound change of consciousness, which doesn't necessary mean fun and certainly not being cool.

To use psychedelic "drugs" on parties is only a minor part of what these substances can be used for and surely not the most important.

219643[/snapback]

It' just parallel with sexual experience and psyexperience. The point is that both can be reach with and without drugs. BTW i often think that psyexperience is like orgasm of universe.

Anyway i'm totaly agree that psy is not only at prty that's way is psyculture not unly psymusic. Just all began with music and we all certanly in love in psytrance!

Anyone who took a strong psychedelic knows that even if you can trip without it, its never the same, when you´re straight you cannot shift too much your general perception, and cannot have visuals so strong and colourfull...

219640[/snapback]

Yep, that's right and that is also why it is difficult to discuss psychedelic experiences with people who haven't been taking LSD, psilocybine, mescaline...or similar substances.

Yes, you can alter your consciousness and feel "trippy" without taking psychedelica, but not to the extent and intensity you experience under the influence of "drugs".

I am sure, that anybody who thinks they know psychedelic experiences without having been taking "drugs", would change their mind when they'd try a strong dose of LSD or alike. (This is not a recommendation, it's my opinion)

...what? :blink:

the only reason XTC is dangerous is because it is poorly manufactured in someones bathtub. not in scientific conditions. if manufactured correctly and dosed to each individual person correctly by a doctor. it wouldnt be half as dangerous.

Music being the drug of the future? i seriously doubt that. music is great, and it does effect you. but not nearly as much as pumping designer chemicals into your body. unless the music is going to get me so fcuked up that i cant walk, the walls start breathing and my best friends head keeps turning into a goldfish...id rather stick to what works thank you.... ;)

219647[/snapback]

Serotonin!

I think we should stop this discussion right now,meet this weekend in Amsterdam,take a walk in Vondelpark,eat some dry hawaiians and talk about it  :)

219653[/snapback]

i think thats the best suggestion ive heard all day. no better way to resolve an issue than sitting in a circle in nature,having a grownup discussion, twisted out of our fragile little minds. im there like a bear mate.

I am sure, that anybody who thinks they know psychedelic experiences without having been taking "drugs", would change their mind when they'd try a strong dose of LSD or alike. (This is not a recommendation, it's my opinion)

219650[/snapback]

I was try in the past and still think it's possible without. Am i crazy or what.

BTW there is so many writers who use some drug for help to write, but there is so many who not do that and IMO they are no weakest writers then others