Transwave Fav. album?

AmithabaBuddha

What is your Transwave favourite album?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Transwave favourite album?

• 1-Hypnorythm EP
    • 2-Helium
    • 3-Phototropic

This message has been edited & extended by Jon Cocco:

They are all my favourite goa albums in any case, but if I had to choose it would be HELIUM ...

219720[/snapback]

Yes, I agree. Each album was so well done for its time. Their sound and style has become so special and nostalgic. I find it difficult to decide, unless you base it on which several great songs you prefer most on each album. Lets face it, some Transwave songs were just okay, nothing great or even that good!, :huh: ...but no artist is perfect, and overall, due to a handful of killer releases, Transwave made some of the coolest music on the planet! I wonder if with the new album, about 10 years later ... they still have it in them to create another imaginative, great, super-cool album; a masterpiece! Regarding the highly anticipated fourth album: My fingers are crossed. After Transwave stopped in 1996?!?! (*Whoa...*) , I feel that neither Frederick or Christof has ever reached the musical level that they achieved when combining their talents together; when they WERE Transwave.

My first Transwave song was Land Of Freedom on a comp. I bought Phototropic and soon after, Helium too. Phototropic became my favorite Transwave album because of Land of Freedom and eventually, Malaka Dance too. But when I got Phototropic, I thought every song was going to be as great as Land of Freedom, (because I heard one of their best songs on the comp the first time I heard them) so I was a bit dissapointed when I heard many of the other tracks on Phototropic, because I originally thought everything by Transwave was amazing, which can be an illusion with compilations if you've never heard the artist before. Anyway, I learned that Land of Freedom was one of their "super" or "best" songs, but so was one or two others as it turned out I think. Nevertheless, I was left with a super-cool album with an awesome cover, and I never complained, especially when those albums became unavailable in every place I could imagine them existing online!

When looking back at the old goatrance reviews section on THIS SITE, on the reviews for Transwave - Phototropic, I find it surprising and interesting that almost all the reviews on Phototropic were mixed and some were even negative! Just see this for yourself! I was surprised that the ONLY Transwave album highlighted in RED is Helium, and not their first album in ... 1995?!!! Its interesting to see how high our impression of Transwave seems to be now. I think we got a little cocky and under-appreciative of this music in general, during the mid-late 90's, because there was just so damn much of it. We thought it would last forever! But it was gradually fading away, being replaced by similar, but less epic, labyrinthine, and organic sounding beauty. And even when Astral Projection stopped making "awesome" music, and no othe album appeared from Hallucinogen, I think many of us started to realize how special this music was, as goatrance slowly went extinct. Many years later, I can't believe its been so long, I was just a teenager listening to goatrance once, and now those old albums are not only as special than ever, but nostalgic too ... and Transwave (as with some earlier others) has become more special with age.

On Helium, the track I found instantly great; an instant classic, was Trashish, and later more tracks like Rezwalker and maybe one other I found to be really good as well. But the style and sound in general is so cool. Transwaves sound in general was great! With Hypnorythm EP (cool intro by the way! :) ) ... its so hard to compare because I first heard Hypnorythm EP in 1999 or 2000! By that time my standards were already so high and beyond, so I tried to judge it for time ... Since 1999 however, Transwave had not only matured their style, but they stopped making Transwave music altogether! :( So they split up to separate projects and why they never made a fourth album back then?, I don't know. Their first album was beyond its time, just like Juno Reactors "Transmissions.".

I'm voting for the first one, Hypnorhythm EP, because without it there'd be no follow-ups! And I'm aware that Helium was probably the overall most fun and varied album by Transwave, but I already voted so fuck you!, its too late for me to change my vote now. :P ... And although I'm sure the NEW TRANSWAVE album will be different, as its been ten years, so I'm sure lots will change ... I still hope it retains at least some of that classic Transwave style and sound that makes us smile because we know this is Transwave!, as if their style and sound is the spirit, and after all these years, it has simply become more aware, i.e: improved, developed, matured, and... that after all these years of side-projects, split-ups, hit and misses, etc... that their new album is anything but ordinary, and all the more reason why we still support and talk about goatrance today!

AMEN!!!!!!

I voted for helium cause that was the first album that I got from transwave... so know it best and lots of memories :)

favourite tracks : number 5 & the last I think...

I Love Hypnorhythm... so my vote goes for this one...

219765[/snapback]

a small offtopic: i just hope i could love the album you have on your avatar... B)

gonna get (the mp3). :)

my vote went for hypnorythm , lots of 303 and simplicity , a very cleared album.

Helium is better , rezwalker is the song of the album for me and phototropic is too much chorused for me , so my fav albums are hypnorythm and helium , altough i like the phototropic too but not so much as the other 2. And this new transwave album , lets just wait and continue to pray that the old transwave style will appear on this new album (i dont have hope at all , im sure the style is changed and that new stuff will be weird and not goa , but lets just wait and see). :)

I've not listened to Hypnorhythm EP, but the more I listen to Helium the more I become convinced that this is one of the most beautifully produced albums in the history of electronic music.

On a side note, I am more blown away and amazed each time I listen to Prana Cyclone and Geomantik. These styles of psychedelic trance are truly amazing.

I've not listened to Hypnorhythm EP, but the more I listen to Helium the more I become convinced that this is one of the most beautifully produced albums in the history of electronic music.

On a side note, I am more blown away and amazed each time I listen to Prana Cyclone and Geomantik.  These styles of psychedelic trance are truly amazing.

219783[/snapback]

nice! Goa is good for your Mind. ;)

Let me rephrase it: Mind is good for your Goa.

oh btw: Helium

219814[/snapback]

No, no, let me rephrase it.

Mind is good for your Goa and your Goa is good for your mind.

HELL YEAH NIGGA!!! :D