country please help

Hi All,

Starting to get realy itchy feet and have realy got my mind thinking like crazy the last couple of days, Yes I want to do the travel thing around the world this will probaly be the only time I go over seas so just want to hear some of your fav countrys to go party in def has to be a psyfreindly country were there is always outdoor partys and festivals and is safe for a girl..

Any ideas would be appreciated .peace :D

• 3 weeks later...

if you come in europe:

it has to be Germany!

the most psy-friendly country in the world!

very impressive scene there! go in the summer, dont miss the festivals!

also the UK is well nice for indoor parties and summer outdoor free parties!

come and check out Portugal also! very hot, beautifull and welcoming country!

Guest eleria

Yeah, I suggest to go to Germany too, if you want to go to festivals during your travels. There are several parties/festivals happeneing every weekend throughout the summer and you can basically live on festival sites during your stay and don't have to put up in hotels and stuff, which can be very expensive. Often it is possible to help out in one of the shops on site for some extra pocket money (if you need to). There is lots of folks from different countries and it is usually quite easy to get a ride from one party to the next and maybe even go to some festival in another european country. It's a good place to start, make connections to other trance freaks and move on from there.

What ever you decide, have a fab time and enjoy your travels :)

Yeah, I suggest to go to Germany too, if you want to go to festivals during your travels. There are several parties/festivals happeneing every weekend throughout the summer and you can basically live on festival sites during your stay and don't have to put up in hotels and stuff, which can be very expensive. Often it is possible to help out in one of the shops on site for some extra pocket money (if you need to).  There is lots of folks from different countries and it is usually quite easy to get a ride from one party to the next and maybe even go to some festival in another european country. It's a good place  to start, make connections to other trance freaks and move on from there.

What ever you decide, have a fab time and enjoy your travels :)

226587[/snapback]

Germany is cool for Full Moon Festival and Voov. But I definately recommend spending a few summer months in my hometown, Cape Town!!!!

There are outdoor parties every weekend during summer. The Calendar for summer is already full of dates 6 months before. The people are great, it's cheap and the music is really really good. You got everything in Cape Town. Underground and commercial quality events. And some of the most beautiful places to stomp in the world! And the best weather! Yay for Cape Town!

Amandla!

Posted Image

Germany is cool for Full Moon Festival and Voov. But I definately recommend spending a few summer months in my hometown, Cape Town!!!!

There are outdoor parties every weekend during summer. The Calendar for summer is already full of dates 6 months before. The people are great, it's cheap and the music is really really good. You got everything in Cape Town. Underground and commercial quality events. And some of the most beautiful places to stomp in the world! And the best weather! Yay for Cape Town!

Amandla!

Posted Image

226750[/snapback]

Amen. cape town psy festivals are the best.

hey

although the prices are probably a bit higher here, id say switzerland has got some wicked psy parties...they're on a smaller scale than in germany, but personally i prefer the smaller parties...really big acts come here as well, but its more spread out over many different festivals..a big party is the zoom party after the streetparade, and that happens in mid august i think..

i guess the most important thing that switzerland has that germany doesnt is mountains...i dont know if ure a fan of mountains or not, but for me nothing beats dancing 2500m up on a mountain as the sun is coming up....yeah, they always manage to find picture book locations here, so if ure gonna be in europe its something i wouldnt miss!

laters!

Amandla!

Posted Image

226750[/snapback]

Where is Capetown????

I'll add another word for Germany. Summers here are absolutely phenomenal.

Come here in mid-May (in time for the Liquid Times festival), then return to Australia in mid-September when the festival season is done. Then spend the next 6 months trying to pick up the pieces of your brain. ;) And be sure not to miss Voov while you are here.

THANKS DEF think portugal is the way to go there is so many great lineups I have been seeing ..

227168[/snapback]

That´s a good decision, halee!

you have the following festivals this summer:

Updown Festival - 29th of july to 8th of august http://www.designer.updown-crew.com/

Freedom Festival - 18,19,20 and 21 of AUGUST http://www.freedom-festival.org/

New Era Festival- 25 to 28 of August http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22929

all of them have really nice line up´s, but i would recommend the 1st or the last cause they will have better vibes for sure

i ll be all june/july in greece, come to my place we make our own festivals !

seriously, if you re not gonna travel overseas any other time - why waste your one big tiring and expensive travel by going to parties?

i agree its gonna be totally killer going to 5 festivals but what will you think in 10 years? oh god how stupid i was to not go visit any culturally important sites or civilisations different than mine.. <--- this is what u ll be thinking..

you got parties in australia too ; )

I added Capetown to my list of places to visit.

As for Germany, it sure is great in the summers ... but unless you plan on living at the party scenes (as mentioned) you'll be spending a lot of cash. Europe is quite expensive.

But except for that, the trance scene in Europe is outstanding!

South Thailand is also very good, Koh Pha-Ngan (big surprise) has a party every day at times. Entrance is usually 200 bath, about $5, and that includes a free drink.

Just be sure you go there late, maybe 5 or so in the mornings ... earlier at night the parties attracts too much drunk tourists that are more in to getting drunk/high then the actual dancing.

I don't know much about the rest of Asia but you should find out considering it's very close for you.

Austrualia seems very fun as well, maybe you can tell us some about it =)

As for me I'm in Sweden, in the summers we have ok parties here as well but the cops always try to shut it down so you might end up at the police station for a few hours ... something you don't have to worry about in Germany for example.

Anyways, gotta stop rambling, good luck on your travels!

Peace,

Dario

• 2 months later...

I recommend BRASIL for psy/goa parties. I just recently came back to canada from a 3 week trip to Brasil and I atteneded the 1200 mics festival. It was AMAZING!!!!

You can always find a party weekly pretty much and the brazilian people are very nice. they love foreigners, however if your a girl they love to kiss down there!!! ahaha but theres nothing wrong with that!

GO TO BRASIL! you won't regret it, and it's super cheap as well. the sun is always shinning and the food is excellent down there!

Amandla!

Posted Image

226750[/snapback]

:D Yeah, thats correct ideed... A real bush party every weekend in summer, and summer is 5months,hehehe B)

• 4 weeks later...

Australia for small underground friendly vibe

checkout australiens.net ozdoof and oztrance

:ph34r:

hi there, party,,,party ...where

i have 2 places for you ... Goa and Sri-lanka . both are quiet rewarding . depends on what kinda trip you are opting for ..

sri-lanka is a great deal.. really affordable but not as wild as Goa .

its quiet mellow . and its a soul search place .

but the bueaty of goa is that it can be both a soul serching place as well as a wild partying type depending upon when you go ..