Mix selection, Lord Falcor (Goa Topia trance crew)

Guest al3xandar

Guest al3xandar

Ok people, u can download my last mix that I done using Traktor (Native Instruments) on my PC. The ID Tag of the file could still contain the old name of my DJ nickname, Lord Fugitive, but I changed it, it is Lord Falcor now.

Click here to download

The tracklist:

* 1. Ypsilon5 - Cosmic psychosis

* 2. Amithaba Buddha - The Lost Buddha

* 3. Zirrex - LSDance

* 4. Man with no name - Teleport

* 5. Filteria - The snuggling snail

* 6. A-Tek - Antologan I

* 7. Electric Universe - Sunset skyline

* 8. A-Tek - Antologan II

* 9. Phreaky - Over the moon

WHO IS LORD FALCOR:

Lord Falcor is Aleksandar Balalovski, one of the members of Goa Topia, trance crew that spreads the trance as way of life and music in the area where it has its representatives. It is Macedonian crew, soon with its website where more info will be exposed.

Lord Fugitive has played on several local gigs in his town together with Ypecacuano, the founder of GoaTopia. His style is old school goa trance, more underground sound, with big respect towards the darker psychedelic tunes.

Guest al3xandar

cool man, currently dloading it then I'm off for some shopping. Will listen to it sometime this evening and tell you what I think of it :) The tracklist sounds super :)

219343[/snapback]

Thanks.. :D

Guest al3xandar

I started d/l it but it was soooo slow that I had to cancel :( ...

maybe another time cause I'm really interested  :)

219375[/snapback]

Yes the server don't offer too much bandwidth, but I hope other time u will be able to...

Thanks for the support.

At last it's downloaded...

Well the tracks selection is off course very good...

but there isn't any beatmatch at all... it's just intro's floathing into outro's... still I don't think beatmatch is a must in mixing old skool cause the beat isn't the most important but the melodies & waves are...

at the other hand if you don't beatmach it isn't that difficult to create a music set cause most old skool tracks have some seconds where the beats stops and it's just psychedelic wave... and you defintily chosed such tracks...

but still enjoyed your set a lot (at 192 bit thanx for that) and keep up the good work... ;)

Guest al3xandar

At last it's downloaded...

Well the tracks selection is off course very good...

but there isn't any beatmatch at all... it's just intro's floathing into outro's... still I don't think beatmatch is a must in mixing old skool cause the beat isn't the most important but the melodies & waves are...

at the other hand if you don't beatmach it isn't that difficult to create a music set cause most old skool tracks have some seconds where the beats stops and it's just psychedelic wave... and you defintily chosed such tracks...

but still enjoyed your set a lot (at 192 bit thanx for that) and keep up the good work...  ;)

219452[/snapback]

Thanks for the hounest review, I appritiate it a lot ! :)

Guest al3xandar

+1

and you should know, beatmatching in Traktor is very easy!

219401[/snapback]

Yes I know it is just a SYNC button click, but however I put more attention on the selection than on how it is mixed, simply to get the effect of "Active meditation through dancing" (Goa Gil). I still cannot be called DJ cause I am not, so I don't mix staff (YET!), just trying to put together a piece of selection :) BUT! I will try to beatmatch in my next mixes, thanks for noting me that it is important to do so...that is why I released in public ;)

Greetings

That neoshamanism thoruhg psytrance is kindof bullshit to me; but that doesn't make danceing to goa less enjoyable :D

I really like oyur selection of tracks... Though I would have 'ended' the first track earlier, it gets monotonous to me... Anyway nice 'old school' so to speak.

Keep up the good work and try to mix live too ;)

Guest al3xandar

Well stuff like  "Active meditation through dancing"... Maybe it's true and works, but I doubt that it could be as good as ordinary quiet meditation and such.  :)

219896[/snapback]

both work for me :) two different types of meditation. I can even meditate with my eyes open u know...many many different kinds of meditation! ;)

Guest al3xandar

That's true... hm, maybe I haven't just danced enough  :lol:

219929[/snapback]

I think that Goa Gil's requests for a gig are: 1. (the most important) His set to last not shorter than 6 hours or something...and without any special emphasis on how the mix is done...just dance!!

ah sorry for the delay (really busy lately...). Yes the track selection is a dream for any oldschooler :) And personally I can't understand why such emphasis is put today on beatmatching... I'd say that track selection is by FAR a more important criteria than beatmatching...

Anyway, to say something critical: personally I like sets that have a certain "energy flow": they start slow, then gradually step up, or they start moody and turn more uplifting in the end. You just put crazy track after crazy track... not a BAD thing since I like all those tracks but the dynamics of the set kindof makes me think of a rave rather than a psytrance party if you know what I mean. Still, it would be good played in a morning set as part of a party with different other sets :)

Guest al3xandar

ah sorry for the delay (really busy lately...). Yes the track selection is a dream for any oldschooler :) And personally I can't understand why such emphasis is put today on beatmatching... I'd say that track selection is by FAR a more important criteria than beatmatching...

Anyway, to say something critical: personally I like sets that have a certain "energy flow": they start slow, then gradually step up, or they start moody and turn more uplifting in the end. You just put crazy track after crazy track...  not a BAD thing since I like all those tracks but the dynamics of the set kindof makes me think of a rave rather than a psytrance party if you know what I mean. Still, it would be good played in a morning set as part of a party with different other sets :)

220477[/snapback]

Thanks for the good review, I'll keep in mind your words the next time :)

• 8 months later...

Nice. I especially like what you did to that Filteria track. No criticism or anything, theres nothing which bothered me and i did not notice it was off-beat. I just enjoyed it, and i like your preferences on track choice. The fact i keep it says enough :)