4. Natural

5. D Paradise

6. Faith

7. Deep fatal moment

8. Hyper love

9. Forever and ever

10. Point of view

11. En sof

So Fatali is back with a new album. The way I remember it, the full-on trend really exploded around the time he released Moments in 2003. So there's no prize for guessing that this is another israeli full-on album along the way. HOWEVER I must say that there are some pretty nice airy melodies which remind me of Yahel's Hallucinate album. And just like Hallucinate I find that this one REALLY depends on the context it's listened in to be enjoyed or hated... On a dancefloor it would be considered commercial but for home listening or listening in your car while driving on a sunny day this is DA BOMB!!

The break at 5:00 on the track Faith is a good example of this: beat stops, then an airy guitar comes in, then a soft breakbeat and some nice sytnh melodies in the background. If i heard this on the dancefloor it would probably want to make me puke but listen to it at home with headphones, close your eyes and imagine you're on a beach in a tropical island sipping your cocktail and watching the girls walk by... it sure does it for me!! Not really much sense in describing this album track by track cause it sounds very alike. Just one remark: the trademark rolling bassline is actually getting softer now! Maybe in a few months it will be abandoned alltogether?

Conclusion one of those albums where the context you listen to it is crucial in determining whether you like it or not. I can't really rate it since in some contexts I like it a LOT and in others I find this very cheezy... I'll just say this: If you liked Yahel - Hallucinate you'll probably like this too :)

Conclusion one of those albums where the context you listen to it is crucial in determining whether you like it or not.

219196[/snapback]

well preciously I'm not that lucky cause I'm in the wrong context at the moment... cause I don't like it ... still understand what you say...

nothing new here, not bad at all but found their first album refreshing so hoped that this one would be too (got to stop doing that to myself :rolleyes: )

you're right about that track' faith...

typical fatali style like their first album... nice intro, not to fast, slight typical cosma ticking at every bass kick, the same floathing psychedelic sound from the beginning to end & those little silicound createures in the background... & then a perfect acoustic guitar sample... super :) , followed by a faster & stonger beat towards the climax that comes easy and not suprising... with at the end full melody...

I've just heard the album and I am pleasantly surprised actually. I was expecting another full on album but got pretty mellow, smooth, melodic progressive album that I enjoyed pretty much. It has gentle structures and at a lot of stages reminds on some Cosma and certainly not on Yahel's last bad effort. There are few full on songs but they are very tame and chilling that it completely fits the concept. Best on album : SLEEP ON, MIND AND SOUL, FAITH, DEEP FATAL MOMENT....7/10

seraph that reminded u of cosma???

i don't agree.. cosma's music was much more emotional, less full-on..

this album by fatali is pretty good.. but one thing that bugs me is too many parts of tracks that don't have much link between them.. many trax sound like 4 trax put together... i mean he has talent for melodies and some parts are really good... but nowhere near cosma...

not even in the same category imo...

as for lemminwink's review.. oh well same as usual... u don't review the album by quality.. u only like smthg if it's the style u like..

"If i heard this on the dancefloor it would probably want to make me puke but listen to it at home with headphones, close your eyes and imagine you're on a beach in a tropical island sipping your cocktail and watching the girls walk by... it sure does it for me!!"

man that doesn't sound to u like a big contradiction?? i mean how can u hate smthg at a party but then love it at home...

i don't get it...

man that doesn't sound to u like a big contradiction?? i mean how can u hate smthg at a party but then love it at home...

i don't get it...

220107[/snapback]

that's like the same typical discussion we had once with someone who didn't understand that the same goa artist would sound perfect at night but suck really big in the morning... It's a way of interpretation and I understand lemmi cause I also do think in that direction...

some tracks are dancefloor killers but are boring to listen at home and some are otherwise... seems pretty obvious to me but preciously some people really don't have that kind of perspective to look at psytrance (not saying it's better or worse :) , just different...

Some marks & elements did remind me of cosma too like I wrote above... but I had that feeling with their first release too so :)... It's not that someone writes that it reminds him of cosma that he says it is like cosma... that's different... it's just a feeling while listening to fatali you think of cosma... Off course there's a difference between cosma and fatali like you say...

i understand that some styles are better at different times during a party...

but to say that smthg would make u puke at a party and then say that the same thing at home would transport u on a beach.... well sorry but i still don't agree...

i have too music that i like more in parties than for home listenning... but if i can't stand smthg at a aprty i sure won't like it at home....

usually it's quite the opposite... music that i would not like so much at home i might like more at parties because it is really loud...

as for the cosma thing i think it's just misleading for other people...

i sure did not think of cosma once when listenning to this...

it's much more formulaic than anything cosma did...

Okay, benf, I am sorry for 'misleading' but it more reminds me on Cosma stuff, not all and not everything from the album, just some minor structures and sounds but it surely doesn't sound like Yahel - Hallucinate. Okay, this is like full on but it is so mild that I don't even mind, first track even sounds like dedication to Cosma, and I am actually positive about it, even the title reminds on his Sleep Of Peace, but the rest of the album especially the end is not in the same league, so stop being politically correct, I was just reffering...;)

"so stop being politically correct"

well i did not mean to offend u...

i was just saying that for people who r fans of cosma and who might get excited if they read what u wrote (like i would have, had i not heard the album), so that they don't get high expectations that's all...

as for lemminwink's review.. oh well same as usual... u don't review the album by quality.. u only like smthg if it's the style u like..

well sorry if you don't like my reviews, benf52... you can always write your own if you want... Personally I prefer reviewing albums based on how they make me FEEL rather than writing a boring long review like "track no. 1 starts with a 4/4 kick, some swooshes and bonks, then a voice, then a drifting melody, then some swooshes again. Track no. 2 starts with a swoosh, a drifitng melody, then the kick, the some melodies, then some wierd sounds. Track no. 3 starts with a kick, some voices, a melody and some synth lines. etc. etc. etc....". Personally I find those reviews to be VERY uninformative... I remember the climax of such reviews being that I once read one on a chill-out album (but the term "chill-out or downtempo" was never actually mentioned in the review). I got the album thinking it would be some morning trance when in fact it was chill-out!! That's how vague those "there are some synth sounds and some drifting melodies" descriptions are. But if you like that kind of review then be my guest and write as much as you can, I always get a kick out of reading them and then actually listen to the track and finding out it had NOTHING to do with the actual description :)

PS I also love reviews that start "Well, I haven't heard the album, just a few samples on psyshop but I can tell you that..." :)

it's not about doing a review describing all the sounds, etc...

those review r just as uninformative as review based simply on taste...

i'll give u an example.. i read ur review of the last 1200 mics album..

u gave 10/10... this album has some nice trax, especially the last one that i really like..

but come on 10/10 is reserved for classic album such as xdream - radio of infected mushroom - classical mushroom for example...

u may not like these albums (these r examples, there r more great albums outhere) but those are much more original and deep than anything 1200 mics has ever released imo...

what i am saying is that albums should not be reviewed solely based on the style and whether u like that style or not, but also on whether the album has depth and has some originality...

but come on 10/10 is reserved for classic album

that's exactly it!! For me the 1200 Mics album IS a 2004 classic.. it doesn't have to be groundbreaking for it to be considered as a "classic"... But honestly for me that album is one of the big standouts of 2004.

I have not heard the entire album of Fatali - Faith, so I can't write a full review or throw down scores. Based on the samples however, this sounds pretty typical formulatic, and melodic, but overall -- way too basic for me. And thats just based on the samples so I can't be 100% sure unless I hear the whole album, but usually the samples give me a decent idea of how it is, even if the samples give the song (s) little justice, or even if it shows off that one amazing part, making us think that whole song will is great! I just don't care for what I've heard so far.

• 3 months later...
Guest Le Lotus Bleu

For me Fatali - Faith is ex-aequo with Psytekk - Space Syndrome for the prize of most awful album of 2005 for a pretended psytrance style, so pop , cross-over, easy listening sounding :angry: