Skazi DVD Preview

Frontier Psychiatrist

The last X-Dream album is electro\techno.

bullshit... it's not electro techno, it's just their attempt to appeal to the masses by making more commercial music... same goes for IM. I'm so sick of people trying to explain their willingness to sell out with such far-fetched stories as "ah but you see, this is a CONCEPTUAL album, it's not for you mere mortals who just know about psy. To truly understand it, you have to know what TRUE ART is"... ever read that story "The Emperor's New Clothes"?

Now what impresses me most is that if X-Dream decide to put some Mac OS "robot voice" in their tracks and throw in some "technological gibberish", it's "conceptual" but if 1200 Mics make an album themed after historical civilizations, they're just being stupid and cheezy... where's the justice in that???

well, I think x dream album is indeed electro and techno.. how is that bullshit? its just genre-pointing, its not a science...

well, I think x dream album is indeed electro and techno.. how is that bullshit? its just genre-pointing, its not a science...

ah I guess I expressed myself badly... yes, it DOES have some electro and techno influences, I don't deny that. What bothers me is that people act like X Dream made some sort of new art which is only accessible to people living on a higher plane of consciousness when in fact all they did was become more commercial. I don't think anyone would accept Skazi going commercial by saying "well you see, you don't apreciate this because it's not psy. It's some very intelectual ultra-psychedellic acid rock electronica... If you were as intelligent as me then you'd see that."

Now what impresses me most is that if X-Dream decide to put some Mac OS "robot voice" in their tracks and throw in some "technological gibberish", it's "conceptual" but if 1200 Mics make an album themed after historical civilizations, they're just being stupid and cheezy... where's the justice in that???

218831[/snapback]

What? :blink:

Maybe because 1200 Mics is the ultimate commercial full-on?

If X-Dream wanted to make money they would release 1200 Mics-style music.

They just wanted to say "hey we are finished with psytrance,goodbye,electro here we come".

I dont see anything bad with that.I also like electro\techno style.

What bothers me is that people act like X Dream made some sort of new art which is only accessible to people living on a higher plane of consciousness when in fact all they did was become more commercial. I don't think anyone would accept Skazi going commercial by saying "well you see, you don't apreciate this because it's not psy. It's some very intelectual ultra-psychedellic acid rock electronica... If you were as intelligent as me then you'd see that."

218835[/snapback]

Whoever says that kind of crap is a dick.

Come on its simple,X-Dream are not "some sort of new art which is only accessible to people living on a higher plane of consciousness".Its just electro style.Thats all !

And you think they became more commercial?I think not.Commercial in electro\techno means Sven Vaeth and Antony Rother.

but when an underground act makes stuff that sounds more and more to Anthony Rother then... they DO become more commercial no?

BTW Red Light District is one of my all time fave electro tunes ;) And speaking of electro, for me TRUE electro has some VERY intricate and mystical melody in it... I don't hear that in the new X Dream (or in most electro alas :( )

And speaking of electro, for me TRUE electro has some VERY intricate and mystical melody in it... I don't hear that in the new X Dream (or in most electro alas :( )

218845[/snapback]

I know and i agree :)

I didnt say thay X-Dream album is good electro.

I just wanted to point that it IS electro and that 3 tracks are good.The rest is boring.

Aaaand speaking of electro,im feeling that its slowly becoming very popular style.

Lately you can hear electro tracks in the radio,the cafeterias,the bars,the clubs.Even in shops hehe.

Electro is back,oh yeah ;)

ok so.. lemmi.. you really think they became commercial? the way I see, more people dislike what they do now than before.... so it seems they went the opposite way of commercial.. going commercial would be doing full on, as I see...

but of course, I know what you mean, its not so innovative as people say..

btw.. good electro music? check out floorfiller dirty cd... I quite like some tracks there.. in 2004 there was a very very nice vynil electro release - mylo - drop the pressure

check it out =)

Where is the soul in Skazi's music?

Oh yes! The last I heard was "Satisfaction"...Push me, then u touch me, and I will give u my satisfaction...or something like that! That is soul yes, but not trance!

218780[/snapback]

A slight, yet, understandable misunderstanding dec0ding :) I was indeed saying SKAZIs' music is souless (and he looks rather like Jim Morrison might I add)...

I was speaking from the third person indicative when I said "if an artist is doing something with no imagination, soul, then he HAS TO go back to the drawing board..."

This applies to all musicians i think you'll find, Trance or no.

This is not psytrance. All i see is music that is beyond shitty and an audience that is obviously not very difficult to please (or they have a hearing problem)

If this kind of shit is Skazi's trademark, I only have one question for him:

How is your war on goa and good taste going?

Sorry guys, but I find this music totally hillarious :) Let him continue with doing this music for heavens sake, that way the stupid people will stay out of our parties! :)

I have never heard a worse track in my whole life! :)

bullshit... it's not electro techno, it's just their attempt to appeal to the masses by making more commercial music... same goes for IM. I'm so sick of people trying to explain their willingness to sell out with such far-fetched stories as "ah but you see, this is a CONCEPTUAL album, it's not for you mere mortals who just know about psy. To truly understand it, you have to know what TRUE ART is"... ever read that story "The Emperor's New Clothes"?

218831[/snapback]

Lemmi, I played this album to some people that indeed like electro and techno, and they LOVED it. These people that I played it to are big names in the techno-scene by the way. When I told them that its X-Dream, they just said "NO WAY, THIS IS TOO GOOD!".

I would have to disagree with you as well on this one, I see it as they moved on to another genre, and its been evolving since a couple of years... they went more and more minimal from track to track that they released.

If you dont like their new style, thats fine, but dont say that its not electro or techno, because it truly is :)

I dont think that X-Dream are trying to sell out or anything, and I am not going to make any speculations before I have heard what they have to say on the matter.

I dont think that X-Dream are trying to sell out or anything, and I am not going to make any speculations before I have heard what they have to say on the matter.

219185[/snapback]

Hmm, I don't see the logic at the "sell-out"-argument at all, I mean since when did techno and electro have commercial appeal? I believe X-Dream make this kind of music because they're taste have changed, if people don't like it nobody's forcing them to listen. And to compare them to Skazi is just way out of line IMO.

maybe he IS E-Type?! :)

219186[/snapback]

I liked E-Type's cheesy Dance a lot back in the days. And I found this sample pretty hilarious too (Skazi Big Boss !!!!). :D

No but seriously, who could think for a microsecond this has anything to do with Psychedelia ?

Nothing to get upset about it then IMHO.

J.

omg...

one of the worst track ever... wonder if i can even call this music...

220082[/snapback]

There are a ... LOT ... of people that would say that about all psytrance.

As for Skazi... whatever. Don't really care. Heard a couple tracks. That was enough. (average by todays standards)

Hey hello im from mexico and skazi for kiddos its the greatest this btw IM and all psypop mmmm maybe they like kuz only is guitar and singing like the pop artists they like hehehehehe and the party wuz in club only for rich ppl 25 dls to see skazi jejejeje here the scene has kiddos beggin for autographs, photos and all the shit jajaja and makin a popscene.....

For me skazi its the same in all traks 2 much full OINK

jajajaj in a party i went skazi wuz playing and he destroy his guitar jajajaja a lot of ppl take a part of the guitar and kept like a teasure hhahahahahahahah .... :blink:

Ok lets say that skazi is a stupid ahole and makes an extremely stupid track like this.

I just wonder,why the fuck do i see so many people screaming and dancing with this one?

218713[/snapback]

can you say = " M D M A" ???

or "HYPE"

or= "i like that girl and she is jumping so i am jumping too"