psy breakbeat

dvnt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am from New Zealand and this new years went to a really fuckin sweet psy party "FullCircle"...great stuff. Anyway, one of my favourite local NZ artists were playing there, they are a live act, going by the name 'COSM'. they do some cool psy, breaks, psybreaks and dub. and they have a few goot tracks (including live sets) for download at their site www.cosm.co.nz just click media>music. happy listening!!

Hey deviant_g - have you heard Karton? They released one 12" in 2004 and have nother one coming out in about a month. The label they released on (Sound Not Scene) is more well-known in nu-skool circles, but the track that came out ("Fire Fucker") is heavily psychdedelic breakbeat. Check 'em out!

Also, are you familiar with the artist Introspective? Again, his main label (Sinister Recordings) is more known in the nu-skool breaks scene, but his sound is very psychedelic. Check out his "Time Travel" and "Slavery Incorporated" singles if you aren't already familiar with the guy.

Hello, I am from New Zealand and this new years went to a really fuckin sweet psy party "FullCircle"...great stuff. Anyway, one of my favourite local NZ artists were playing there, they are a live act, going by the name 'COSM'. they do some cool psy, breaks, psybreaks and dub. and they have a few goot tracks (including live sets) for download at their site www.cosm.co.nz just click media>music. happy listening!!

219557[/snapback]

Thanks! will definately check that out.

Hey deviant_g - have you heard Karton?  They released one 12" in 2004 and have nother one coming out in about a month.  The label they released on (Sound Not Scene) is more well-known in nu-skool circles, but the track that came out ("Fire Fucker") is heavily psychdedelic breakbeat.  Check 'em out!

Also, are you familiar with the artist Introspective?  Again, his main label (Sinister Recordings) is more known in the nu-skool breaks scene, but his sound is very psychedelic.  Check out his "Time Travel" and "Slavery Incorporated" singles if you aren't already familiar with the guy.

219590[/snapback]

yea i've got it, didn't think it was that psy-ier. i'll relisten

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, intresting topic here! I beleive it is very diffcult to find material that has the same full on energy liek psy-trance. I prduce breaks and take my infulences form psytrance.

I have some psybreaks i have produced. I have only been doing it for a short while but looking for a record label that caters for this genre is proving very difficult. So i decided to make my own music.

here is a mix readers of this thread should enjoy:

http://www.urbanikons.com/breaks%20mix%20j...%20Rendered.mp3

if anyone knows of any lables that may be intrested in some of my material, please shed some light on me. I have looked all over and no one caters for this kind of thing really. B)

Please enjoy!

Hi, intresting topic here! I beleive it is very diffcult to find material that has the same full on energy liek psy-trance. I prduce breaks and take my infulences form psytrance.

I have some psybreaks i have produced. I have only been doing it for a short while but looking for a record label that caters for this genre is proving very difficult. So i decided to make my own music.

if anyone knows of any lables that may be intrested in some of my material, please shed some light on me. I have looked all over and no one caters for this kind of thing really.  B)

Please enjoy!

229052[/snapback]

Hey Paradice,

I think its mainly Timecode Record that has some great releases, I'd try it there... and I'd search rather on breakbeat/electronica labels than on Psytrance Labels since most psy labels dont seem to be so interested in breakbeat influenced stuff...

I'll listen to your mix later... always interested in breaks and stuff like that! :)

if anyone knows of any lables that may be intrested in some of my material, please shed some light on me. I have looked all over and no one caters for this kind of thing really.  B)

Please enjoy!

229052[/snapback]

Just listened to your mix.. man, thats great stuff! Thanks a lot for the music... I expect to hear a lot more of you in the future. I think Psy breakbeat will grow much in the future if you ask me :)

Paradice, that's not bad at all.. gets really nice near the middle. It's all those darkside synths and big atmosphere, sounds promising.

I am still seeking new material that possesses the energy and funk of something like Snake Thing's Scorch... is there any psychedelic breaks material like that out there now?

As i say, i have been unable to find any material like this. Usually most prducers go by a pre bulit template, like a primer.

Like for instance, Psytrance artist are forever re-inveting the sound. Some do come with orginal ideas and the ideas are far beyond my production skills, and this is one of the main reaason why i love psy trance so much. But what im after is somthing i have not heard, and im so supried to find that no on has yet caught on to this genre, or shall i say, developed this unknow genre. I think its is true, Cybernetika, to say that labels who will be after this kind of thing are breaks and electronic labels but i have never been to a party that captures the atmosphere that a psytrance party does. Id love to have this following within my own sound, or a sound similar to my own.

But the reason i do this is becuse i love to make music. :)

Thankyou for the kind comments. May good deeds come your way! ;)

• 10 months later...