2.The Slug-Eat Out 145

3.Brethren-Allende 145

4.Damage-Bad-Ass 145

5.Shift-Electroid 145

6.Tickets-Cash 146

7.Broken Toy-Absolutely 144

8.Zigganaut-For Real 145

9.Damage-Who’s Your Daddy 142

New Hard Full On compilation from the South African label AfroGalactic.

The compilation starts with a new name:Frozen Ghost.Strange sample in the intro just before the heavy bass & the phat kick crush your brain.Some funny & funky tunes in the middle and the last minute of the track, more Techno stuff but very good.

The Slug next, one of the most famous SA artists.Typical S.African style here.Killer bassline and metalic sounds and some very good melodies especially in the last minute.Not extremely hard but very good though!

Brethren are next.Who are they? Phyx & Tickets together with the super–track of this compilation.The song opens with a fairytale melody before the super bass starts.Definetely one of the best basslines ever heard.Fat kick,fat snare,fat melodies.Power to the max.More like this!!!

Time for some damage.They’re here with the well known brutal techno style.Kinda Skazi style,you know more Chemical Crew’s simple,raw power but enough psychedelic and distorted.Very good track,maybe one their best espacially for the Hard Techno lovers.

No comment for Shift.Everybody knows him.Electroid is in his same Shift style but with a lot of surprising melodies reminds me some Old School Full On of the 1999-2000 period.Funky but serious stuff->quality Full On for sure.

Cash from Tickets.This guy is awesome.I love everything from his stuff.Typical South African Maximal Psy.No lazy beats,no minimalistic percussion, 7 minutes of power and enough melodic parts.Great track again.

Absolutely is a perfect example of a quality Morning Full On.No cheesy melodies,no boring basslines.Stars like a typical SA track but you will listen some morning tunes.Morning Psy in a South African way!

Zigganaut…New name I guess but the track is very good.Again phat stuff, I miss the melodies here but it’s hard enough for me.Just like the first track more techno style but still good.

Ok, and this release ends with Damage again.Except the awful sample [Who’s your daddy now bitch…] the track is really good.Dirty techno all the way and simpler than Bad-Ass but Ok track for sure.

It’s SA compilation so it can be bad,some great tracks and some good ones.Recommended! 8/10

Best:1,3(!!),4,5,6

• 11 years later...

"Remember make sure you hit the floor when we come in, ok? Could get ugly in there."

gRcnFaT.gif

Yep...that's ugly. God bless you Gary Busey. Always a go to in gif land.

I wished it had gotten ugly, but it didn't. These tracks were pretty good when they were released alas in 2016 most just don't hold up like they did. It's like Ormion said, some good some bad, but mostly just a big bowl of meh. Favorite would be Shift's Electroid with its punishing climax. Brings back the good old days of South African full-on. Allende was also nice.

• Like 1