Wizzy Noise.

Guest djnemo

So, there is so much talk about how crap Full ON is.... what do you guys and dolls think about Wizzy Noise? In a way its for me Full ON, but its not at the same time. I find them very energetic (since the first album I loved them). Just wanna know what you think about this fantastic group :)

I think that they had it right with ONE album: Cyclotron... With Cybermancy they had good ideas but you could feel that they were capable of more... but after Cyclotron it all went to shit. And their last album on Spun records... don't even get me started on that one

So, there is so much talk about how crap Full ON is.... what do you guys and dolls think about Wizzy Noise? In a way its for me Full ON, but its not at the same time. I find them very energetic (since the first album I loved them). Just wanna know what you think about this fantastic group :)

218000[/snapback]

I would classify wizzy noise as full on, but not typical. they are definitely different to your standard GMS clone or whatever. Personally i find it a "bit much". but thats just a personal taste, they are very talented and creative and there are hordes of wizzy noise fans. for me, its ok, but not really my thing. a little too all-over-the-place for me.

this is pretty random, but DJ Nemo: has anyone told you how much you look like Edward Norton in that picture... especially Norton in American History X (great movie, in case you haven't seen it).

how many tats you have total? i've got 2 now and am trying to decide on a 3rd (what of.... not if, heheh).

-ensign

I also love them, and last two albums were good despite the bad critics here. Cybermancy I didn't like at all, Cyclotron might be their best with mixture of minimal and morning trance, how strange but pretty good. Electro Theater and Stereo Electric, even being full on I like thema nd find them as maybe the ebst full on reelases from past few years. I like some of their new singles as well. They did started doing hyper production of their music but they didn't loose the quality yet...;)

Ah, Wizzy Noise. They started out having some great early hits, putting together these incredible drum lines that fused so wickedly with the psytrance sound. Shores of Freedom, Twisted Love - sounded like they were getting psytrance back on the right track. But the albums didn't represent the best side of their work. They were fine for a listen but contained too much filled for my ears. Now that they've had four full albums out I've reached the conclusion that they're like Windows - each new version sort of makes the old ones obsolete, but you don't necessarily like how polished or user-friendly it has grown. I purchased Elektro Theatre and enjoyed it but couldn't tell you a stand-out track. Stereo Electric has some real hits on it that show a new direction which I must admit I like - this sort of epic trance feeling fused with elements of their old percussive fetishism and new school full-on vibes. Reverisible for example - what an anthem! It just rises and sweeps out of the stereo in a huge way. Sadly, with their high level of output there are more misses than hits. It used to be that a Wizzy Noise track on a compilation was cause for excitement, but nowadays I won't go out of my way unless there's a real stand-out tune... and even then - if I miss one thanks to their frequent appreances on crappy full-on compilations I'll just wait for one I like. The problem is mainly that their singles often sound too subdued these days. Interchangeable, if you will. It reduces the value of their sound, and it doesn't seem as if they're really exploring their full potential. Have they ever attempted breakbeats? An ambient/psy fusion in the crystal skulls tradition? An epic 15 minute long scorcher? Something more on the progressive side rather than merely tech-trance influenced? There's all sorts of things they could be looking into but it sounds as if they're playing it safe and sticking to what they know best... where's the excitement in that? It fades through the years. They will continue to make a few good hits and lots of filler, I would imagine. But the hits really are bloody good, I must say.

Basilisk wins this topic, you can all go home now.

...but I must add that there are some older unreleased Wizzy Noise tracks that sound exactly like old pleiadians, only with better production and even better track progression. Those are fucking AMAZING, and I think Cyclotron is their masterpiece. It's the only of their albums I felt I had to buy.

They're extremely talanted, and as basilisk said, they should try working outside their formula a bit more.... but perhaps they already do, but they chose to keep a strict style for the releases? They can do VERY hypnotic/trancey stuff, I would like to see them explore that a bit more, ignoring "dancefloor appeal" and the all too popular lowest-common-denominator style of producing. But then again they make a living from their music I believe, and you cant afford to alienate buyers in this scene, the margins are much too slim.

Oh, just one more thing - Second to Son Kite, they're the best live act I've seen. Or heard, rather - the buildup and progression of the (2 hour) set was AMAZING. This was about a month before the release of cyclotron. Everything was perfect that night, not once did I lose momentum or attention to the music, and that's EXTREMELY rare for me.

this is pretty random, but DJ Nemo: has anyone told you how much you look like Edward Norton in that picture... especially Norton in American History X (great movie, in case you haven't seen it).

how many tats you have total?  i've got 2 now and am trying to decide on a 3rd (what of.... not if, heheh).

-ensign

218035[/snapback]

ok off topic hehe :) I have almost both arms full (not finished though, my tattooist lives in Sweden and I dont hehe). colored of course. In total they are 8. Four of them are Hindu gods :) Thanks for the compliment I guess, I hear that the girls like Edward hehehe :)

Oh yeah, and American History X is a GREAT movie :)

hehe ensign now that you mention it, I see a resemblance too :)

218119[/snapback]

yeah, im a good lookin mofo!! ;) Oh and here is a picture where I dont like like Edward ;)

Posted Image

but its funny no? ;)

Ok as the person who is going to release their next double album and cd single i can inform you that Wizzy Noise are setting new standards in psy trance music.

Their new style is a fussion of electro-punk-trance therefore the name of their upcoming cd single is Punkocity.

If you enjoyed Opus Drive on Digital Performers and 10 O Clock on Butterfly Effect compilations then you are going to be amazed.

Just to prepare you a little i can inform you that on the cd single there will be a track named Over Voltage that is 170bpm hehe ;)

The release date of the cd single is end of February-beggining of March.The release date of the first part of their album is end of April-beggining of May and the release date of the second chapter of their album is beggining of September.

Just be patient my friends :)

Ok as the person who is going to release their next double album and cd single i can inform you that Wizzy Noise are setting new standards in psy trance music.

Their new style is a fussion of electro-punk-trance therefore the name of their upcoming cd single is Punkocity.

If you enjoyed Opus Drive on Digital Performers and 10 O Clock on Butterfly Effect compilations then you are going to be amazed.

Just to prepare you a little i can inform you that on the cd single there will be a track named Over Voltage that is 170bpm hehe ;)

The release date of the cd single is end of February-beggining of March.The release date of the first part of their album is end of April-beggining of May and the release date of the second chapter of their album is beggining of September.

Just be patient my friends :)

218202[/snapback]

170 bpm is ok if its a breaks track. if its a straight 4/4 track then I doubt it will be any good. I dont enjoy fast music.....

If we get 2CDs and a CD single where a single CD album with all the best from the batch would be superior I think we'll be calling it a milking.

New explorations sounds good though! Maybe wizzy can pull off that electro-punk thing like no one else has been able to. It's been done before but not to my liking... hmm anyway, where'd all the industrial fusions go anyway? damnit :)

If it is how you described, then I can't wait for it ! I like exploring the genre and progressing the sound but only if it is done in proper way and more exciting, and this kind of electro-punk-trance sounds pretty delicious. :P

Plus, if it is double album it would be great, just not to get lost too much in hyper productive possible unproductivity...

If it is how you described, then I can't wait for it ! I like exploring the genre and progressing the sound but only if it is done in proper way and more exciting, and this kind of electro-punk-trance sounds pretty delicious.  :P

218237[/snapback]

If you want electropunktrance try Velvet Acid Christ