5. Cosmic Station – Ohm Vision

6. Night Creatures – Esc

7. Narkotix – Red Label

8. Optokoppler – Sie Nannten Ihn Locke

9. Ananda Shake – Fucking Time

10. Eliss – Karin

Compiled by Dj Mid

Mastering :Ronen Naor

1. After a debut album not very personnal, i was wondering what Psytekk (Hanan Biton) would done here. I’m estonished to listen to some electric guitar & accoustic guitar riffs married with chimes. I’m not convinced by the electric guitar part, too heavy for me, nevertheless the chimes from the intro which gets transformed is nice. At least i must congratulate Psytekk & Danny for producing a tune on their own even if i’m not total fan of Mentallic.

2. Zodiac (Meir Azulay & Nir Levy) are one of the numerous newcomers on this complilation. Effective Signal corresponds more to my full on tastes. Once again we’ve got here electric guitar riffs, but these ones are clearer & more shrill, it fits me more. Furthermore i’ve noticed some sounds not too much frequent in full on like : an extra leaf spring bass (from 5’37), marimba (from 1’20), spacey melhancholic synth (from 4’38 ) ; which are contributing to the musical colours festival explosion among others tones more usual delivrered in this track.

3. If G-Light (Max Vishnevsky) keep his level production like this (i remember of ‘I’ve been born’ on Doof), the guy will be soon on the point of egalizing the notoriety of Parasense for the rank of most famous psytrance russian artist, as they are a bit production sleepy these days. Alive Substance is very lively & hapy, the track consists in a cycling up morning lead. After 3’15 it’s evolving into more freaky full energizer with huge twist or major detuning that happens on leads by intermittence (4’10 to 5’05).

4. A flute melody with an alike birdy singing in the background opens magnificently Ediroll. On the other hand i find awful the period running from 4’00 to 6’00 what a butchery ! For me there’s no doubt this second Zodiac song is less good than first one, only the peacefull parts here find favour to my ears ; mixed feelings so.

5. Cosmic Station (Fingas & Lea) from Portugal brings the full on-goa touch in Loud Frequency of course what else could we expect from a track entitled ‘Ohm Vision’, just amazingly blissfull.

6. Night Creatures (Shimon Kagan & Eitamar Ben Lulo) offer in Esc a pumping bassline coppled with a heavy kick, concerning the lead let’s say it’s whining. The structure bolts with the appearance of a fast melodic loop at 2’30. After a break around 3’30 where the rythmic seems panting, the lead gets extremly incisive announcing the final spacey mewing whirlwind .

7. Narkotix (Eliran Laniado) begins Red Label on a nebulous atmosphere. At 2’10 a cosmic, floating & intimate ambience settles. At 4’10 you’re entering a zone with more turbulenes. Between 5’00 & 5’40, you can perceive small collision or rubbing with meteorite’s dust on the metallic fuselage of your spaceship. Then you’re recovering a peacefull milky way, a feeling reinforced with the presence of a lunar lead with echoe at 6’38.

8. Optokoppler (Oliver Schmidt & Tim Rusken) with Sie Nannten Inh Locke (as it’s not mentionned anywhere i guess they are from germany) puts you in a sweet morning soundscape with the impress of some few water drops falling randomly, at 1’38 some percussions are added. 2’50 a cycling down lead happens.

Between 3’50 to 4’15 there’s a short moment i don’t like, especially the melody & its lead. But the sweater harmony comes back associated with some spaceship reactor souds. The final takes all the ingredients already heard in the track & this time the cycling lead is upway, concluding on these mysterious water drops falling.

9. Ananda Shake (Osher Swissa & Lior Edri) invites you through Fucking Time into some cosmic energic full on time composed of several jerky sounds, grumling synth in the background (at 2’26). Was it necessary to put the sample ‘Any of of you sons of bitch…’ overheard in the israelian full on production, i’m sure not.

10. Eliss ( Eliss De Emak) closes the compilation on a morning melodic & emotionnal full on with fast & numerous arpeggios & loops. Karin posseses a chime with echoe & lots of resonnance as lead, conferring an oniric feeling to the tune. Between 1’43 & 2’12 it’s one of the rare moment where the melody isn’t an arpeggio, furthermore the lead is particularly deep in sad emotion. Then here we go again for a deluge of arpeggios & loops in your ears but also a nice range of tones.

More than half of tracks comes from newcomers, the compilation contains 10 tunes, the production quality is globally good with fresh sounds, the isralian artists aren’t developping here too much the current formated isralian full on sound as nearly all artists involved here got their musical personnality ; ok i must admitt the artwork is pure bullshit as negative point. So it's an interesting debut release for Drugless records.

highlights :3,5,7

good :2,8,6,9,10

8/10

This has nothing to do with the album, as I have yet to hear it..

For the love of all that is sacred, WHEN will artists/labels begin to put some actual *thought* into the titles of their albums? The words loud and frequency don't connect to each other! Loudness = amplitude of a set of given waves or harmonics, while frequency (musically) is merely pitch/tone. It's the equivalent of saying 'voluptuous brick'.

Not to mention the name of the label itself! Is that ever obtuse. Oh yeah guys, NO DRUGS...ok then you had better not touch that coffee or sugar or those cigarettes...ONLY THEN ARE THERE NO DRUGS RELATED TO YOU OR YOUR ARTISTS. What, do they make their artists take regular urine tests to make sure the music produced is absolutely not drug-influenced?

Argh. Does anyone else see how stupid this is, or am I the only person who is critical of things that are not-well-thought-out?

i will tell you what i think just because you asked... i think your whole comentary its very stupid, i mean, why do you care of the name of a label?? it may be named purple apple if they wanted to, so what? are you going to argue that there are not purple apples,,, the same goes to the album title......

• 2 months later...

This has nothing to do with the album, as I have yet to hear it..

For the love of all that is sacred, WHEN will artists/labels begin to put some actual *thought* into the titles of their albums? The words loud and frequency don't connect to each other! Loudness = amplitude of a set of given waves or harmonics, while frequency (musically) is merely pitch/tone. It's the equivalent of saying 'voluptuous brick'.

Not to mention the name of the label itself! Is that ever obtuse. Oh yeah guys, NO DRUGS...ok then you had better not touch that coffee or sugar or those cigarettes...ONLY THEN ARE THERE NO DRUGS RELATED TO YOU OR YOUR ARTISTS. What, do they make their artists take regular urine tests to make sure the music produced is absolutely not drug-influenced?

Argh. Does anyone else see how stupid this is, or am I the only person who is critical of things that are not-well-thought-out?

217090[/snapback]

Hahaha, you are so right man.

What a name...

What's next? "Fast Voltage"?

What really strikes a chord with me here might be the Drugless name. Like already mentioned this is close to ridiculous. Who the hell wants to listen to drugless producers??? seriously, i would EXPECT my artists to go and cosume a healthy dose psychedelics before they go anywhere near the equipment. as long as they can differentiate the keyboard from the piano, we're good. That is what this music is made for... if you disagree the church band always has openings. and if they do consume... whatever... like is probably the case and you're advertising otherwise you might be doing business with the wrong PR agency...