uplifting "meditation music" wanted

RTP

Hi!

I'm looking for some stuff again (actually practically always, but well ... now I need your help :) ).

In the past few weeks I put on the track Matenda - Smiri Se pretty often and I loved it. And once in the evening I just closed my eyes to it and let me drift and imagined some energy flowing through me and lifting me up... it was a wonderful thing as after this experience I felt like I had just drunk three Red Bull - I was active, energetic, happy ... incredible! what I had practically been doing was an energy refreshment or whatever it's called ... anyway, that's not the point.

Now I really want more music for those occasions. But it's hard to find for me as it's not the characteristic ambient what I'm looking for ... Carbon Based Lifeforms for example, that doesn't lift me up in the way Matenda's Smiri Se does. CBL are relaxing and very good music, but it rather puts me to sleep than making me waking up.

The Ott remix of Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze is pretty good, but it has too much bass. I can't meditate to this so well ... Smiri Se has not a single bass beat, just synth!

Solar Fields - Third Time is okay, but it's also not that uplifting. I need it uplifting! But the bass is okay ... no piece for these occasions should have more bass than that.

MOS - Outside ... that's a pretty good track, but it's too dark somehow.

I just don't find good other examples.

Smiri Se - and no other, even Matenda's other chill tracks I know (nearly all) are not suitable.

Please help me...

AP - Ambience is far too fast and with far too much bass.

Ambient Galaxy would be a better suggestion - but I'm not searching for this type of ambient...

But ... thanks to all recommendations!

I'll check the ones out I don't know :)

Hi!

I'm looking for some stuff again (actually practically always, but well ... now I need your help :) ).

In the past few weeks I put on the track Matenda - Smiri Se pretty often and I loved it. And once in the evening I just closed my eyes to it and let me drift and imagined some energy flowing through me and lifting me up... it was a wonderful thing as after this experience I felt like I had just drunk three Red Bull - I was active, energetic, happy ... incredible! what I had practically been doing was an energy refreshment or whatever it's called ... anyway, that's not the point.

Now I really want more music for those occasions. But it's hard to find for me as it's not the characteristic ambient what I'm looking for ... Carbon Based Lifeforms for example, that doesn't lift me up in the way Matenda's Smiri Se does. CBL are relaxing and very good music, but it rather puts me to sleep than making me waking up.

The Ott remix of Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze is pretty good, but it has too much bass. I can't meditate to this so well ... Smiri Se has not a single bass beat, just synth!

Solar Fields - Third Time is okay, but it's also not that uplifting. I need it uplifting! But the bass is okay ... no piece for these occasions should have more bass than that.

MOS - Outside ... that's a pretty good track, but it's too dark somehow.

I just don't find good other examples.

Smiri Se - and no other, even Matenda's other chill tracks I know (nearly all) are not suitable.

Please help me...

216789[/snapback]

Hello ! :)

I did not know Matenda - Smiri Se. So, I listened the extract on psychop.com.

It is psyambient, in the same style I can advise you the albums of Ishq and Healer which are psyambient too.

Now, if you also want "real" ambient to relax you, I advise you these albums :

Liquid Mind (a.k.a. Chuck Wild) - His 7 albums which are all very similar. This music is deeply atmospheric and definitely relaxing : a must have ! You can listen extracts here : http://www.liquidmindmusic.com

Thom Brennan - All his albums. It is a bit close to psyambient. Extracts here : www.soundclick.com

Exuviae - Settling Density. Very colourful and etheral ambient. http://www.atmoworks.com/

Jeff Pearce - To the Shores of Heaven and Summer Solstice. Etheral ambient with guitar : very light and relaxing.

Vidna Obmana - River of Appearence. A classic ! Very melodic and relaxing : http://www.sleepbot.com/ambience/page/obmana.html

Vir Unis - Aeonian Glow, The Drift Inside and Lumen (EP) : very atmospheric and meditative : http://www.atmoworks.com/

Last but not least : Giles Reaves - Sacred Space. The title says it all ! It is PURE space music :rolleyes: with vast atmospheres and bright colors. Highly recommended ! I do not find extracts on the internet but if you want to hear it, I can send you extracts because it is an underrated album which deserves to be known !

I know this isnt psyambient but have you considered listening to some works by David Arkenstone?

Give em a try! I got the Echos Of Egypt by Diane & David arkenstone and it did something to my brain - it chilled me out completely! it was very good ambience!

Just nice atmospheric soundscapes - swirling - encompassing - open - free (sigh) aaand relaaaaax B)

Free Download:

Helix (His sets are beeing played at di.fm)

I personaly only got "Psymbient 8 and 11" Love them both :D

It seems that mr. Helix lets people DL his sets from time to time.. So you just got to check it out once in a while you know. You wount regrett it at all.

here's my answer:

<-----

Enjoy the ride.

216805[/snapback]

Because I changed my avatar I'll mention it one last time :P

Steve Roach & Vir Unis - Blood Machine

If you consider yourself a serious electronic music fan, do yourself a favor and check it out. Headphones. Loud volume. Lift off.

Still loving it.

Because I changed my avatar I'll mention it one last time :P

Steve Roach & Vir Unis - Blood Machine

If you consider yourself a serious electronic music fan, do yourself a favor and check it out. Headphones. Loud volume. Lift off.

Still loving it.

220871[/snapback]

Unfortunately this is very difficult to find, haven't seen it in any shop, maybe online somewere

Unfortunately this is very difficult to find, haven't seen it in any shop, maybe online somewere

220889[/snapback]

Indded, Ambient music is hard to find on stores. On line here :

http://www.atmoworks.com/catalog.php?title=Blood+Machine

http://www.hypnos.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...ategory_Code=gh

http://www.projekt.com/projekt/product.asp...d=&sku=GHM00101

Oh wow.

I didn't expect this to come up again...

A big thankies goes to all people who gave me recommendations, I will make a list now and will start searching the stuff (currently I have absolutely no money, spent everything on metal ... I need to save money now for some months :P ).

But I'll surely get some of the works.

However, I checked out Exuviae, Liquid Mind and Vidna Obmana so far and they are rather music that I would listen to to get me to sleep...

Meanwhile I realized that there is nothing like Smiri Se - athough I didn't yet check out Healer and Ishq, but I somehow feel that I won't find a similar piece that gives me the same energy and a same feeling, I somehow know it...

Really. It's just this perfect sound, the right key to fit in the lock - every song is a key, but only this one fits into the lock...

Nevertheless, I thank you all very much and I still will make a list and I will definitely get some of the stuff one day, because it's really good ambient :)