Ambient psy added to Ishkur's guide

Lemmiwinks

Yes. But a funny moron. There is a difference.  ;)

216527[/snapback]

it depends of your definition of "funny" , theres´s some genre definitions that are very stupid. <_<

"Ambient Psy. More like Ambient *SIGH*. Ha ha ha. This is what happens when Psy Trance producers get bored of the 4/4 pulse-drum and so remove it altogether....maybe by replacing it with lowkey breakbeats or something. Ultimately musicians of all genres are going to figure out that they can make slower, more moody versions of their music, which means that sooner or later there's going to be Ambient 2-step here, and Ambient Hardcore, and Ambient NRG, and Ambient Freestyle, and Ambient Ambient. Well, it could've been worse. It could have been "Progressive Psy". (No, I'm not adding it, you goa turds. Shut the hell up)"

--

this one wasnt "funny".

EDIT: but there are other ones that are funny i admit , the goa genre for example :

"..or what it's worth, the only trance genre that still has some integrity left. Goa is just too complicated, too dark, too brooding, and too ominous to ever have popular appeal, and it's doubtful that it ever will....and that's just the way hippies like it. Imported from India, duty free, where it is so hot the DJs don't even bother mixing or else their faces melt off (and that's BEFORE you drop acid). There are a million and one splinter genres to this too (hard goa, progressive goa, psyfunk, ambient goa, etc...), but I'm only putting down the most prevalent. As for the rest, it's terrific stuff, if all the annoying, superficial hindu and buddhist iconography doesn't annoy the hell out of you. Goa would be the best genre ever, if it weren't for the fucking hippies."

The Fuc*ing hippies , i agree! Maybe he is refering to the hippies that way cause he doesnt like'em but i agree in the side that the hippies ruined a great genre and accept anything it is "psychedelic" look full on for example.

I also have a sense of humour guys dont worry :P

it depends of your definition of "funny"  , theres´s some genre definitions that are very stupid. <_<

"Ambient Psy. More like Ambient *SIGH*. Ha ha ha.  This is what happens when Psy Trance producers get bored of the 4/4 pulse-drum and so remove it altogether....maybe by replacing it with lowkey breakbeats or something. Ultimately musicians of all genres are going to figure out that they can make slower, more moody versions of their music, which means that sooner or later there's going to be Ambient 2-step here, and Ambient Hardcore, and Ambient NRG, and Ambient Freestyle, and Ambient Ambient. Well, it could've been worse. It could have been "Progressive Psy". (No, I'm not adding it, you goa turds. Shut the hell up)"

--

this one wasnt "funny".

216534[/snapback]

Yes yes, I didn't mean funny in a funny way. I mean funny in a sad way.

well it depends on which genre you read... sometimes what he says is true, other times it's a tongue-in-cheek representation and other times it's just hilarious... try this one:

Who was the first guy who said "Holy shit, this buzzing, spitting, throbbing, pulsing din of an inane sequence of noises that might arguably call itself music sounds totally awesome on ecstasy!"

or this:

The real inventor of electronic music was Grog, who in 65,000 BC started banging his stick against a rock in a rhythmic, synchronous repetetitetitetive motion, thereby producing the first tribal track. And what, pray tell, is so electronic about that? Well....he was struck by lighting at the time. It really gave an analogue warmth and fullness to his sound.