FLASHBACKS

halee

i dont understand why they say on websites about hallucinigens that "flashbacks" are a negative side effect. they are wicked! i remember sitting in college one day and for a brief 5 seconds, i was full on tripping again...then it ended. with no comedown (and it was totally free) i see it as a good thing. and its not "taking" drugs...i didnt take anything for a month before it happened. so techincally its not wrong either....aaah....good old justification.

i dont understand why they say on websites about hallucinigens that "flashbacks" are a negative side effect. they are wicked! i remember sitting in college one day and for a brief 5 seconds, i was full on tripping again...then it ended. with no comedown (and it was totally free) i see it as a good thing. and its not "taking" drugs...i didnt take anything for a month before it happened. so techincally its not wrong either....aaah....good old justification.

216523[/snapback]

What if you're driving a car?

"OMG! The road goes everywhere! There comes a happy music playing huge thing towards me! I'll drive to meet it!" Crash.

or

"What kind of evil demons are those? I have to kill them all!" Bump. Bump. Crush. Scream.

What if you're driving a car?

"OMG! The road goes everywhere! There comes a happy music playing huge thing towards me! I'll drive to meet it!" Crash.

or

"What kind of evil demons are those? I have to kill them all!" Bump. Bump. Crush. Scream.

216526[/snapback]

ok.....but what about

"im so bored sitting here at home with nothing to do.....wait....whats this?? hooray!!!!!! im tripping!!!! happy happy joy joy!!...ok its gone now but that sure was fun!

i agree that its not a good idea when your driving....although i actually drive really well when im tripping. i cant have psytrance pumping in the car though, that just complicates the situation

Hmmm... I have had momments of feeling like i am tripping when there is no reason too, but like with OD it's like a bonus.... weeeee wooooo fun!!! And its always been almost a sense of dejavu that lasts for a couple of minuters or so at the most.

Mind you its not been very often, nor in any way a negative thing. :)

Just a bit distracting. :D

Off topic.... sometime listening to psy will trigger this kind of experience... but then its more of a habitual mind state experience i think... almost in the same way a smell will trigger a memory.

Flashbacks comes in smaller and higher "strengh". It all depends on your mind, how much psychedelic you have used, and how much you are going to use them in the future,. There are pleasent flashbacks and there are the opisite. It all depends on you as a person. but the more you "abuse" psychedelics, especialy LSD (?) the more flashbacs you will get. I my self see things "breath" from time to time, no harm in that imo. :)

Or in an other term, they are as real as you want them to be ;)

I my self see things "breath" from time to time, no harm in that imo. :)

216594[/snapback]

dude...that happens to me when im normal. if i stare at my screen now, it breathes. a little, but like all the time. i have done a lot of alice-D in my day. and its definitly left its mark. i blelive that if you have had an intense psychedelic experience, you bring a small part of it back with you. permanently. i have though, NEVER had a bad trip. i had ALWAYS approached an lsd experience with the utmost respect. (if you do not respect it, it WILL kick your ass.) after my disneyland experience i never touched that vile stuff again though.. although the experience was definitly a very deep and introspective one...i dont know if i could ever deal with that kind of trip again. its as if i "saturated" the lsd experience to a point where it COULD NOT go any deeper. my mind was stripped to the bone. something like that is hard to top. thats why i have moved on from lsd. there are no more surprises in it for me....

I think you can get flashbacks from any kind of experience that was very strong/intense. It just means, that you re-experience that certain situation again.

Taking LSD is for most people quite a strong experience, so that makes it likely to get flashbacks from it, but like Cinos said, you can get it also when you see your old school, or something.

I find it quite unlikely though that you get a flashback while talking to your boss for example, because your focus is on that converstion (more or less,hehe). Imo you have to be kind of letting yourself drift away, or get out of focus to experience a flashback. Basically be open for the flashback to happen. That would also explain why people seem to think flashbacks from LSD are a "bonus". They are open for it and enjoy it.

It all depends where/how you get the unexpected flashback... while having a performance at school for example or sitting relaxed at home is a big difference... there are some situation trip is safe but there are definitaly more situation where trip isn't cool at all...

It all depends where/how you get the unexpected flashback... while having a performance at school for example or sitting relaxed at home is a big difference... there are some situation trip is safe but there are definitaly more situation where trip isn't cool at all...

216762[/snapback]

Oh ok theres some good examples and everything to do with them is not that bad i was starting to think its when your brain is totaly mashed and your minds gone forever [ that would be bad if it was but no looking at all your posts flashbacks can be good hmmm but sometimes no good ..

HAPPY WEEKEND

I had some minor acid flashbacks or ecstasy rush flashback, like I was sitting in a cafe with some friends when I suddenly got very hot and exciting. I haven't touched any alcohol or weed and I was very affectionate all of a sudden. I like those small flashbacks cause they remind you of the good time you had...:)

I can just say that from my experience the kind of acid flashbacks I heard about where people should experience the road open up to a psychedelic mess of fractals never happened to me.

And I ate my fair share.

The anti acid propagamda would like you to belive they should occur, but I have yet to meet someone who really had an uncontollable flashback.

If you are in a mood to try to get into a psychedelic state of mind you seem to be able to get a sense of previous experiences though.

And I ate my fair share.

The anti acid propagamda would like you to belive they should occur, but I have yet to meet someone who really had an uncontollable flashback.

216931[/snapback]

ditto.

i do get mild flashbacks to all kinds of different substances and experiences - like for example, last week i was getting a massage, and had this intense 'coming down off E' feeling in my body for a few minutes. not too pleasant, and it's been a while since i took any. i think these things have to do with triggering toxic deposits in your body - in the fat, the muscles, etc. the toxins get released into your bloodstream for a brief period of time, and then disappear. just like when you fast or cleanse for a while, you can relive memories from the past that are stored as chemical 'photographs' in your body.

I've had a couple minor flashbacks, at work, on the bus etc. They are generally not bad, kind of like reliving a drug (or intense memory) experience for a moment (read: couple seconds to couple minutes). I've found all of them to be enjoyable, if barely noteworthy. They haven't been so intense as to make me lose control while operating heavy machinery (they have happened during those times) or walk across a street on a red light or anything. They are pretty mild in my experience... (and I've been thru my share of psychedelic use) halee... if you've done any amount of psychedelics you've probably experienced them at some point, and the fact you don't know prob just says how minor they indeed are...

Of course some people will have intense experiences but havent met too many ppl in that case.