help me find the magical tape..

AmithabaBuddha

My Goa quest started when i were on the 7th grade and a skool mate recorded me a tape with a techno music that had egyptian melodies (It was Goa but i didnt knew a thing about that genre i only discovered it on 2000 with RA - initiated track featured on Goa head 12).

i became amazed since what i was hearing on that time were commercial techno-trance music. I enjoyed it so much than the tape ruined itself on the tape player. I didnt knew what were the song names , i didnt knew a thing! I forgot to ask the skool mate what kind of music was that and where did you he recorded it from. It was somewhere on 96,97 or 98 and it featured a song that started with whale sonar sounds. It also had another song with an hard kick kindalike the MWNN - Big Troubles in outer space , very psychedelic , melodic and with egyptian melodies.

I appreciate any help , samples or whatever is welcome.

Thanks.

well, its a very tuff one, im not sure, but, it may be a song from shiva sidpao - song for eternity. and it has a melodic song with wales.

and well, i have a song that is very melodic, its trance, not psychodelic, and its from paul oakenfold. clouds.

Guest al3xandar

It was somewhere on 96,97 or 98 and it featured a song that started with whale sonar sounds.

216313[/snapback]

Dont know if it helps but the only track I can think of where you can hear whales and dolphines is the one from Dance 2 Trance - Moon spirits (COMA Records (Danmark)), 1994 year.

PLUR

Maybe that one with the whale-like sounds is "Witchcraft - Whale"? Great tune :D

217892[/snapback]

no its not that one , i have that track and besides the track i listened on the tape started with whales and the witchcraft track starts with a choir ;)

QUOTE COGUMELO:

I know it´s a long shot but here it goes:

i had this mixed set on a k7 from 1997 and after all this time i still cant find out who these belongs to song.

All i can say is that it has a sample of a man saying: Ohm didjauedaeda <-- (i can t really understand eheh) and it´s old school goa trance.

if anyone knows or has any ideas who could it be i would appreciate it,

thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a post i made here a while ago. Sounds similar to yours :P unfortunately i didnt found the name of the music yet

I think the song you re looking for is maybe Chi-ad: The Ocean also Dreams. It starts with a sample with dolphins :D

GL

yeah its Encens. now i just gotta figure out which VA was recorded on the tape.

-Accidental Occidentalism (CD)

-Goa Inside (CD)

-Tantrance 2 - A Trip To Psychedelic Trance (2xCD)

anyone have this compilations? i dont find it anywhere! :(

Guest al3xandar

-Goa Inside (CD)

anyone have this compilations? i dont find it anywhere!  :(

219110[/snapback]

Just Tantrance 2 ... :) Glad I helpped ur research

Latterz... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

-Goa Inside (CD)

anyone have this compilations? i dont find it anywhere!  :(

219110[/snapback]

If you're sorta lucky you might find the track you're after or some of the compilations on Soulseek or DC ++ [ there is a huge psytrance hub]