Swan X-1 tracks .::. portuguese psy live-act

Hello people!

I'm new here.. musician/composer..

so I introduce Swan X-1:

portuguese psytrance live-act, live guitar/keyb/effects/drums

Serguei: composition, guitars, keyb, effects, mixing

Syul'snak3: drums, mixing, effects, composition, keyb, guitars

meet us soon @ http://www.swanx.net (site under serious reconstruction)

mail to: mail@swanx.net

---------------

please take a listen to our demo tracks:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/swanx1music.htm

and please let us know what you HONESTLY think of our sound!

we need extra criticism and/or motivation :)

have fun,

Serguei

don't be so shy peolpe  :ph34r:

what do you think?  :unsure: or :rolleyes: ?

it's important for us no know what you fell about what we're doing

In Lak'ech

217670[/snapback]

i think its fair to say that you have a good tracks but they need som serious remastring

greets rowe

Fullmoon - I'm really diggin this Metallical sounding semi-bass! great with the panning! ... Percussion works really well together with the beat. I personally think your bassline is too low, it could in my opinion provide more "melody"... in the end this is getting a bit psyched, maybe that guitar melody is too silent compared to the beat, your hihats are really loud...

I'm just amazed - And so am I :) .. Powerful Bassline, great atmospheric synths in the beginning. Nice beat, made me bang my head to this... at 6:33 there's a strange melody in the background, almost like a harmonica, only for a few seconds but it's the only thing I disliked... The ending was unbelievably great... I was loving the cooperation of the different layers.

XMAS - I just can tell you that I liked the "Syul Version" more, it had just better Synthwork, FX and EQing. The "Serguei Version" wasn't bad either. I think with some EQing tweaks (this still sounds rough), this could be your breakthrough, if I were to judge this :)

Across the Universe - Great, creepy intro. That kick is somehow very hard, the bassline rumbling very low. Like in Fullmoon: It leaves up greater space Frequency-wise, I know, but I think its better if the bassline provides a bit more melody. At 2:00 I really dig those oriental melodies. At 5:30 this is getting really interesting Goa with an oldschool edge, though I think it's sounding a bit distorted, I'm liking it very much.

Oh, those were some really good Psy Trax you provided us here :)... I think you have an excellent structure in your tunes, some very professional sounds, rythmically, this is just kickass. However, I think it's sounding maybe a bit rough. Maybe that was what you're going for but you shouldn't let it sound too distorted... Yeah... that's just minor criticism, you did very well! Keep it up!

10x Cybernetika!

Glad you like it! I dig your sound a lot too B):D

You got right into every sensible spot in your review, very instructive for us to confirm some problems and to go and look about new ones.

You absolutely right about the rough sounding of it. it's not intentional..

our problem are MONITORS :(

We have to buy good ones, all this sound problems are because we mix in a pair of sony hi-fi speakers, take the mix to some good studio monitors and make a list of things to change :) but it's very hard to EQ thingd properly this way... i think in a month we can buy new monitors and our sound will explode in quality for sure :wacko:

10x again mate, tune in for improvements soon!

Boom boom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people, Swan X-1 are back!!

take a listen @ http://www.soundclick.com/swanx1

"self control": new full track, made from the "Xmas Serguei version" demo

"fullmoon": remastered

have fun!!

it would be nice to get more reviews... specially from those who aren't communicating with us aliens their opinion :D