Whatever happened to

Zebedee Gherkin

Having been out of touch with the psy scene for a while I' m not sure what's become of certain acts. Anyone know?

Slinky Wizard - promised an album at one point but then?

Green Nuns of the Revolution - no follow up to the excellent 'Rock bitch mafia' . Head Nun Dick Trevor went off to form Science Department with Danny Howells but then what?

Blue Planet Corporation - great 1st album but ...?

I see Atmos released '2nd brigade' last year. How does it compare to 'Headcleaner'?

What's become of James Munro and the other Flying Rhino boys?

I see Atmos released '2nd brigade'  last year. How does it compare to 'Headcleaner'?

215836[/snapback]

Headcleaner wasn't good either, but of course it's a matter of taste... IMHO 2nd Brigade is just the same.

Generally the reason an artist disappears is that they run out of ideas. (like the GNOTR album, it's all the same) I think it's good. That way we won't have to cry at failed attempts at good albums.

About Slinky Wizard I just know that I saw Dominiq a while back, and he was doing house music and did not seem very intent then to get back into trance.

But he did show up in Goa and seemed to enjoy himself, so maybe he has changed his mind.

I didn't hear any rumours myself about a Slinky Wizard album being on it's way, but that would be nice if it was true.

Where did you hear that from?

About Slinky Wizard I just know that I saw Dominiq a while back, and he was doing house music and did not seem very intent then to get back into trance.

But he did show up in Goa and seemed to enjoy himself, so maybe he has changed his mind.

I didn't hear any rumours myself about a Slinky Wizard album being on it's way, but that would be nice if it was true.

215952[/snapback]

There will for sure be no Slinky Album. Slinky is no more. And yes your right Dom is into House and properly wont come back to this scene.

Ive seen Dick Trevor on flyers for parties and he has a track on that tsunami fund raiser cd.

He did work with Danny Howells?will have to check that out.

215879[/snapback]

Sure did. Science Dept released several proggy numbers, such as 'Repercussion/Persuasion', featured on the first Bedrock comp

215952[/snapback]

It was a couple of years back on Flying Rhino's website news section. Maybe nowt happened cos of FR's demise.

Dick Trevor played in Cape Town at an outdoor party just this last weekend, on Sunday I think. At the "Origin Festival" with the guys from Nano records/Vortex Productions. Friends back home tell me he rocked! One of the best set's of the party. Tristan, I am told, is still on top form too!

ol skool!

boom!

mylo

dick trevor is releasing music.. sometimes under Trickster name..

he plays some psygressive stuff (with a progressive feel, but faster and some psychedelic effects).. I heard him in new year´s festival, and didnt like so much, but a lot of people really enjoyed it.. I guess it was a tiny bit too fast for me

james monro is kicking big time.. he is involved in a new progressive label in Brazil, Tropical Beats.. He releases some music once in a while, and I think there is a compilation from him to be released this year.. I just heard him in new year´s eve, and Im going to a festival in 2 days, where he plays too.. He is playing fat progressive trance..

Headcleaner wasn't good either, but of course it's a matter of taste... IMHO 2nd Brigade is just the same.

215837[/snapback]

2nd brigade is different from Headcleaner, more dance floor IMO, less hypnotic, less deep, but very recommended if you are into prog trance...

By the way, any news of ... Dimension 5? :o

I saw Dick Trevor down here last year. Even better was that James Munroe played as well. They did Stoop and Fidget live !! it was Flying Rhino goodness for sure, pretty sure it was a one off tho.

Dick Trevor had some nice tunes on the recent Lucas Tip World Comp

The Trickster project was with Tristan, quality tuneage.

There was also a Gus Till album , "My body Is a Night Club" which was never released on FR. I saw it was finshed tho.

and 2nd Brigade the recent Atmos album was one of the best prog releases last years. Amazing emotive groovy music, He played done here at Rainbow Serpant Festival just a couple of weeks ago. WOW !

can anyone tell me if Tropical Records (Munroe's label) has actually released anything ?