Compressor for pumping bass

HI all

What type of compresor are you using for fullon pumping basses? Are you using a compresor for kick? for hats? leads? etc.

are you using multiband compesors?

sorry for english

thankx

215829[/snapback]

one for kick, one for bass, then i sometimes route them together and compress on top of that again to get it sound real tight. i usually compress bass, drums and vocals. no need to compress leads unless u do it in a creative way. I usually use Waves L2 or L3 on the final mix.

one for kick, one for bass, then i sometimes route them together and compress on top of that again to get it sound real tight. i usually compress bass, drums and vocals. no need to compress leads unless u do it in a creative way. I usually use Waves L2 or L3 on the final mix.

215985[/snapback]

i'm not sure about the unnecessery to compress leads, as i've heard/read you need to compress any channel in the mix for good resaults...

In my ears compressing everything and too much is the most common mistake that fresh producers do.

I rearely compress even kick and bass, and only compress leads if needed becasue i have problem controlling dynamics in a sound if for example the synth design make the level vary to much when doing filter sweeps.

My favoured compressor for obvious and pumping results is Sonic Timeworks - Compressor X

In my ears compressing everything and too much is the most common mistake that fresh producers do.

I rearely compress even kick and bass, and only compress leads if needed becasue i have problem controlling dynamics in a sound if for example the synth design make the level vary to much when doing filter sweeps.

My favoured compressor for obvious and pumping results is Sonic Timeworks - Compressor X

216491[/snapback]

that is very true actually, still u can't achieve the massive and crystal clear sound of astrix (as an example) without using compressors and eq :P