Hi all, im new here :)

hi psypeople!

:D first, Thanks all and Sorry my bad english. :P

Well... Im trying to make Psymusic, but the sound is too bad. I use FL-5.

What i need to get a comercial quality sound?

i try to use a EQ and a compressor in the Fx's but the sound is bad.

can somebody helpme?

215736[/snapback]

Hi Visnu & welcome :)

You need some better software to make serious sound (not to offend any fl-users).

First, get logic, cubase or sonar or some similar advanced sequencer.

then you need to get the vst-instruments that can fullfill your expectations in synthesis sampling or whatever you might want.

I, myself, use cubase sx in rewire mode with reason.

reason is also amazing software.

Hi Visnu & welcome  :)

You need some better software to make serious sound (not to offend any fl-users).

First, get logic, cubase or sonar or some similar advanced sequencer.

then you need to get the vst-instruments that can fullfill your expectations in synthesis sampling or whatever you might want.

I, myself, use cubase sx in rewire mode with reason.

reason is also amazing software.

215750[/snapback]

Thanks!! Digital Psyence.

i have Vst Instruments. and my complete track :) but the sound is too amateur

i belive that i need is a mastering. can you help me with this?

(is a gr8 idea use Cuabse) but where i can download it? or i need to buy the software?

Thanks!! Digital Psyence.

i have Vst Instruments. and my complete track :) but the sound is too amateur

i belive that i need is a mastering. can you help me with this?

(is a gr8 idea use Cuabse) but where i can download it? or i need to buy the software?

215761[/snapback]

you could just download it on some p2p application, but remember cracked software causes breakdowns. i would buy.

I would love to hear how your music sounds, if you want to then send it to me, maybe i can give you some advice, but im not an expert in mastering.

hi psypeople!

can somebody helpme?

215736[/snapback]

Hello,

I think for the starting producer is the FL studio good way. You can simply do bass with 3xosc when you have not other vsti.

First take all osc to saw waveform and reset all crs. Than in isntrument window set the filter to SVFLP2x, than turn down cutoff and increase res.

Shift channel down for a 2 octaves.

make ADSR envelope and cut Envelope.

Use compresor and eq for the channel.

If you have any proplem with it I can send you a preset of this bass.

:D Thanks!!!!!!!! Digital Psyence and yaroo

but :P , somebody have a tutorial about Basic cubase or something like it?

216123[/snapback]

If you have cubase installed you should see some .pdf files in the program folder.

there should be one called "getting started tutorial"

if not - then try and search on google.

It is very simple, there is few things thats nice to know when you check it out the first couple of times.

i'll try to give you a quickstarter her:

1. open cubase

if you did not set up your audio driver, then do it now.

go the devices>vst-multitrack & if you not have a good soundcard (for music production) choose Full duplex driver for know (change when (if) you buy a good soundcard)

2. go to files the choose new project.

3. use an empty template

4. okay now you have a open project. right click on the vertical bar & choose new midi-track

5. press F11 (this is your vst-instruments) choose a synth (it will open but close it for now)

6. at the midi track click on out and select the name of the vst you just opened.

7. if you have a midi keyboard, you can play your synth now, if not choose the pencil-tool and draw a box in the midi track, then doubleclick the box youve just drawed. now you can draw a midi pattern.

i hope i wrote clear enough, if theres something you didnt understand then just ask :)

hi psypeople!

can somebody helpme?

215736[/snapback]

First of all you need experince and hard work over and over again. No one just trying to make music for the first time will suceeed in creating "professional" sound at the same level as some that have been producing music for a long time.

One common mistake is to think that comprseeors and EQ is the key to good sound.

Be careful with using those tools, and spend more time finding sounds that sound great without treatment.

Most of all finding a bass sound and kick sound that is really good as they are will help your productions a lot.

Play around, try different machines, test your mixes on a wide range of systems.

You should not have to worry about the mastering, just focus on getting your mixes to sound good enough without, the mastering will be done by pro's if you get a release sometime.

Maybe stick the track thru a limiter after you mixed it down...but do NOT use a limiter on the master out, since that will destroy if the track should be mastered by someone else in the future.

Gain structure is also a very important thing to learn. That is to ensure that the signal is a loud as possible thru the signal chain, but never peaking too loud as to make the built in limiters kick in in the sequencer or plugins you are using.

Most of all I would reccommend the approach of "fake it til you make it" and don't let people like EP bring you down.

Confidence will help you a lot for sure.

Most of all I would reccommend the approach of "fake it til you make it" and don't let people like EP bring you down.

216232[/snapback]

That was not an atempt to bring him down but to give him a hint about that it's not that easy to just sit down and think you can get the right sound over night ;)

You should try and take you White & Black glasses about me of for a minute and try and see what it is I write.. Just a suggestion!!! From someone that actually also know somethig about sound production - Your not the only experinced artist here Spindrift ;)

Well, we do not have to have the same idea about what is good advice because we both have experience.

I really mean it whit the "fake it til you make it" advice, and that is approach I use myself when trying to deal with something I do not have much experience with.

So for me it IS a lot easier if I think that it is easy to sit down and do something rather than getting daunted by it. Thats all I wanted to say.

And I have actually been amazed what some producers have been coming up with after only a year of experience, so talent and spirit does matter just as much as experience IMO.

I'm not saying that you are wrong that it's actually quite hard to make good sounding productions, just that it might not be helpful to think about it being hard.

Thanks, i have cubase now, and with the help of Digital psyence im starting to make a new sound. 

Spindrift, thanks. now i searching for a good bass. :)

and E.P, i will work hard.

Again Thanks ALL!! :D  :D

216385[/snapback]

youre welcome, just ask if you get lost :D

EDIT: ps, when you get settled in cubase & startmaking nice psy, then let us hear :)