Cracking Albums

Ov3rdos3

ok sorry guys, yes, this is another "list your favorite albums for 2004/05" topic. however there are a few sub catagories to choose from. i just want to see what every1 rates as their top albums of lately.

ONLY 1 PER CATEGORY (im talking to you seraph!!) hehe, thanks guys

here are mine:

Progressive : Freq - Strange Attractors

Full-on : Eskimo - Take a look out there

Chilled : Hallucinogen - In Dub (this is 2004 right? if not, sorry :-o)

Other (any other brlliant cd of your choice you think everyone should have): Beaches and Cream - VA

Chilled :  Hallucinogen - In Dub (this is 2004 right? if not, sorry :-o)

215570[/snapback]

not even close.. its 2002 =)

Im not going to participate because I can never make a top album.. top 5 or 10 maybe, but never the top =)

but keep going guys

Im not going to participate because I can never make a top album.. top 5 or 10 maybe, but never the top =)

but keep going guys

215620[/snapback]

common dude...just pick a random one out of your pile o' five! if its good, just let us know what it is. so we can also have a listen..

Must be 2004...

Progressive : soul surfer - Surfers Paradise

Full-on : lani - our way to the sun

Chilled : compilation - Peace Therapy

others : compilation blue leprechaun

Progressive : SON KITE - COLOURS

Psychedelic : TALPA - THE ART OF BEING NON

Goa Trance : FILTERIA - SKY INPUT

Full On : WIZZY NOISE - STEREO ELECTRIC

Chill : H.U.V.A. NETWORK - DISTANCES

You see I can OD...Phew...;)

full on: rinkadink, scatterbrain, Void.

Prog: Freq, mm and i know ticon-aero is 2003 but i bought it this year and it is my fav cd! for the moment at least..

other. Sasha - involver, Fabric19 Andrew Weathrall

All categories: Hardly anything. (son kite? BLAH! Infected mushroom? No thanks. Aes Dana? Not in my stereo. X-Dream? Enough of this kind of stuff already!)

fjull öön melödick: Filteria - Sky Input (though could've been better... I mean, better build-ups etc.)

progressive: I don't listen to prog :P

chillailu: Bluetech - Elementary Particles / Prima Materia

jotain muuta, öther: Blockhead - Music By Cavelight (Véry strong release! And also the winner of "the most beautiful cover of 2004" competition :) )

There are maybee hmm...few others too but I won't mention them cause well... they're not really psytrance myysic :)

ps. Scatterbrain - Infernal Angel from 2003 (though best full on album evah made IMO :) ) and Eclipse - A Journey Of Permanence & Impermanence is from 1998

Prog:Don't listen Progressive

Full On:Absolum-Inside The Sphere

Chill:TIP-Mystical Experiences (re-issue) Does it count?

Other:Filteria-Sky Input

Of course they're much more.

2004 was a very good year for Psy IMO

Guest al3xandar

fjull öön melödick: Filteria - Sky Input

216054[/snapback]

Ok, now tell me you were kidding with the definition of Filteria's music? Or on Dannish Fjull Oon Melodick means Old School Goa Psychedelic (REAL-TRANCE-MUSIC) Style?

Now, 2004's been year when I discovered more old albums or found some that I was looking for, than year when I sow some good releases. Maybe some of mine choices are not released, or they dont have albums released yet but it goes this way:

as best albums:

- Filteria - Sky Input

- Ypsilon 5 - Binary Sky

- Zirrex - Unreleased

THE BEST DISCOVERY IN 2004:

- Amithaba Buddha, Man thanks for the music, I love "The Lost Buddha"

- Secred Side - Free mp3 tracks from his site, really psychedelic style, BRAVO !

- Wizack Twizack - really, really Good Promo album guys, whoever you are, thanks!

Hopefully to see more old-school (or it is not old-school, was it the true trance that? <_< ) this year! And yes, almost forgot!

* Glowing Flame Records, (Pozdrav do vas, osobeno do Ogi, od deteto shto trebashe da ima dobra zurka za rodendenot :lol: )

* Sun Trippers Records, (Namaste!! We'll travel to the sun, sure, SO RELEASE SOME MORE OF THAT QUALLITY! :) )

Aleksandar

Ok, now tell me you were kidding with the definition of Filteria's music? Or on Dannish Fjull Oon Melodick means Old School Goa Psychedelic (REAL-TRANCE-MUSIC) Style?

217883[/snapback]

Well... Filteria's music is FULL ON so I call it full on :)

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly... if you have massive melodies all over the track and it's just so energetic and makes you wanna dance then...ehm... it's _full on_! :D This genre, "full on", shouldn't be called "full on" cause it isn't that! Old school Etnica/Pleaidians, Filteria, MFG etc. ... those are full on in my eyes :)

It's just sad to see that such a good expression as "full on" has become like some synonym to that bounding bassline shit released nowadays :unsure:

That should just be called "shit"... cause it is

It's just sad to see that such a good expression as "full on" has become like some synonym to that bounding bassline shit released nowadays  :unsure:

That should just be called "shit"... cause it is

217930[/snapback]

LOL :lol: !!! you do get some pretty good full on though, anything off timecode records is pretty full on, but its really well produced and original full on. i dont generally like full-on, i prefer more progressive/melodic, or chilled out stuff, but anything off timecode records rocks. if its good, ill listen to it. if its skazi or gms, please just rather switch it off.