Full On Confusion....

Ov3rdos3

ok, i am confused. (have been since saturday night, but anyways)...i went to a party (a really crap one) this saturday, but they did play a few wicked tunes....now this is what im trying to understand

this is what i see as full on (this is what i dont like):

Skazi,

Exaile (anything chemical crew really)

and i dont like this....but i heard some "full-on" on saturday that blew me away.

it was really energetic with a repetitive bassline but it was NOT dark or aggressive, quite "light" but very energetic with very beautiful uplifting melodies. i like this. but i actually havnt heard anything along these lines before. it was full-on, but melodic, uplifting, non-aggressive, yet fast and energetic. not your typical cut-and-paste skazi style which we ALL dislike. anyone have any ideas of what i could look for if i was looking for this style of music.

Astrix is hardly cut and paste. He has some good material, like the stuff on Crystal Skulls.

215480[/snapback]

i dont find his stuff uplifting at all really. more "infected mushroom(ish)" really. not what im looking for at all. his stuff isnt that energetic either

Just goes to show you shouldnt bag out a genre of music without having a good listen to whats out there.

215500[/snapback]

i know. i dont pidgeon-hole everything. if i like it, i like it. if i dont, i dont. MOST full on is typical, run-of-the-mill, unoriginal crap. but i have definitely heard some brilliant full-on type stuff before. although its very few and far between.

If you say melodic maybe it's stuff like 1200 Mics? Or maybe try out the Timeless compilations from Utopia Records. From your description it could be nearly everything.

If you say melodic maybe it's stuff like 1200 Mics? Or maybe try out the Timeless compilations from Utopia Records. From your description it could be nearly everything.

215506[/snapback]

take a listen to this tune...

tikal - breath rmx

i like things along this line of full-on. it is full on, but it isnt. somewhere between silicon sound and eskimo i guess... progressive full-on (aaaaaaarrrgggg!!!! i cant stand all these different genres anymore. take me back to when it was all just called "trance".)

take a listen to this tune...

tikal - breath rmx

i like things along this line of full-on. it is full on, but it isnt.  somewhere between silicon sound and eskimo i guess... progressive full-on (aaaaaaarrrgggg!!!! i cant stand all these different genres anymore. take me back to when it was all just called "trance".)

215508[/snapback]

another good full on progressive track is

APHID MOON VS LUCAS - Ok People

(love this bassline)

mp3 sample:

http://217.160.71.18/f/tip/tip1cd031t6.m3u

if u want even more progressive u should listen to anything by Suncontrolspecies.

Try releases from Com.pact or Nano Records. Good full-on stuff with cool melodies. But maybe you are just looking for morning trance?

Btw. Skazi didn't define the full-on genre. It has been created by the usual suspects like Astrix, GMS, Alien Project, Space Cat or Talamasca. Wait maybe I'm wrong: Wasn't it Deedrah's Reload who got the wave rollin'?

Although I agree on Skazi's stuff beeing boring and soulless, I have to admit that the latest Chemical Crew Compilation "Chemical Mafia" is quite good imho. Some very cool tracks on it and not that destroying than the usual releases from these artists

just my two cents

protoculture rocks...

also along the lines of: Brain XL - Rodeo Driver, full on(ish)and driving but with very dreamy, uplifting melodies...

215558[/snapback]

If you like Brain XL, you should definitely check out the soloproject of Gabe from Brain XL: Wrecked Machines :)

The sounds you may have heard are probably "new" VA Comp's being spinned.. so I suggest you search around the new compilations that are being released nowadays :)

I can't find anything that matches your description (but hey.. music is a bitch to explain! haha) but if you're looking for some full on alike stuff but not to harsh.. try the Unusual Suspects 2 Compilation (twisted rec.). It's light but also very nice and a bit on the progressive full on side if I may say so :)