Do we overeact with this "Psy is dead"?

Ormion

Maybe there are simply too much releases nowadays, it doesn't become more underground at all IMO, that's the contrary, well when you have so much releases the very good ones are "isolated", few years ago not many artists knew how to make great goa and psychedelic trance, when i remember old school sound some big names cross to my mind, Astral projection, Chi-AD, Hallucinogen, X-dream, Koxbox, Cosmosis, etc. those artists got charisma in their music, nowadays where are the charismatic artists? Anyone copy from anyone, psytrance lost its charisma, dunno if you see what i mean... :rolleyes:

Maybe there are simply too much releases nowadays, it doesn't become more underground at all IMO, that's the contrary, well when you have so much releases the very good ones are "isolated", few years ago not many artists knew how to make great goa and psychedelic trance, when i remember old school sound some big names cross to my mind, Astral projection, Chi-AD, Hallucinogen, X-dream, Koxbox, Cosmosis, etc. those artists got charisma in their music, nowadays where are the charismatic artists? Anyone copy from anyone, psytrance lost its charisma, dunno if you see what i mean... :rolleyes:

215249[/snapback]

all those good ol artist had their own sound, they were unique.. that was the greatness!! You jump from dimension to dimension when listening to the different artists.. In this new music I cant even figure out who is who!! It really sux!

But thanks to twisted crew, and some die-hard goa-trance producers that still lives i have hopes that the scene will not completely loose its spirit!

who wants to listen to any soul-less anonumous random mumbo jumbo anyway?

Just program a musical "full-on" generator that uses the normal full-on formula and "trusted" patches that u know the people "love". generate some tracks with this generator.. use another generator to create names for each track with "spaced out" cool names.. release 8 of these generated tracks as an album.. Steal a name for the album from a big hollywood blockbuster!! Who will believe that this would sell? I do! and that really sux! cuz there is almost no individuality left in this scene anymore. Reload was original when it came, but this full-on evolution is not!

As Amitabhabudda says, this is gonna be a jihad with goa vs full-on! LoL

full on is just like a confused kid searching for an identity.

it has nothing to do with psychedelic.. and most "hard" stuff

is more psychotic than psychedelic.

215248[/snapback]

sorry but telling fullon has nothing to do with psychedelic... I'm no fullon lover but still have to admit that fullon is 'psychedelic'... the clixmax, melodies are maybe less psychedelic then old skool but they are...

215249[/snapback]

you've got point here my friend ;)

sorry but telling fullon has nothing to do with psychedelic... I'm no fullon lover but still have to admit that fullon is 'psychedelic'... the clixmax, melodies are maybe less psychedelic then old skool but they are...

215254[/snapback]

i dunno whats psychedelic with fart noises, rolling basslines, silly melodies and constant breaks to kill the trance have to do with mind-expanding awareness. perhaps you can tell me! :P

Sorry for generalizing, i really agree like 0.5% of the full-on is psychedelic, and i love those tracks..!! but the majority feels like kids with no talent, playing around with downloaded warez versions of fruityloops and vsti's. then they release an album that sounds exactly the same as everyone else! Competing with who has the best version of the full-on formula.

i dunno whats psychedelic with fart noises, rolling basslines, silly melodies and constant breaks to kill the trance have to do with mind-expanding awareness. perhaps you can tell me!  :P

Sorry for generalizing, i really agree like 0.5% of the full-on is psychedelic, and i love those tracks..!! but the majority feels like kids with no talent, playing around with downloaded warez versions of fruityloops and vsti's. then they release an album that sounds exactly the same as everyone else! Competing with who has the best version of the full-on formula.

215263[/snapback]

ok but that's just your subjective interpretation of fullon... and trust me I feel the same way ;) but that doens't make it less or more psychedelic... What's psychedelic isn't about taste... some music is psychedelic and some not recognized about typical marks are present within the creation... And fullon is a (sub)genre from the psychedelic trance concept...

still understand your feeling :)

You should listen to some new music Jellyheadz,Parahalu,Penta,Derango and more.

ah but I HAVE!! And frankly I don't see anything to get excited about... Out of the artists you mentioned, only Penta did it for me and that was more than a year ago! I find his new releases on comps crappy as hell...

ok but that's just your subjective interpretation of fullon... and trust me I feel the same way  ;)  but that doens't make it less or more psychedelic... What's psychedelic isn't about taste... some music is psychedelic and some not recognized about typical marks are present within the creation... And fullon is a (sub)genre from the psychedelic trance concept...

still understand your feeling  :)

215268[/snapback]

I feel "psychedelic" has a misleading feeling too it.. like most people interpret it like som psychotic state of mind where evrything has to be fart noises :P

but IMO The greatest thing about full-on was to exclude the name "trance" in it !!!because if you look at the technical aspects of full-on there is no trance involved at all! :rolleyes:

I feel "psychedelic" has a misleading feeling too it.. like most people interpret it like som psychotic state of mind where evrything has to be fart noises :P

215270[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Psychadelic is about feeling a little elevated from your mind if you ask me. Not anything psychotic.

well if fartnoises and astral bathroom visits is the deal to make people elevated, then so be it!  :huh:  :P

215272[/snapback]

Perhaps it works for some people. :huh:

ah but I HAVE!! And frankly I don't see anything to get excited about... Out of the artists you mentioned, only Penta did it for me and that was more than a year ago! I find his new releases on comps crappy as hell...

215269[/snapback]

Thats why im saying listen to some new tracks.Ive been on a party with Penta live this Saturday and trust me,Nikita's new album will be phat,dark,fast and psychedelic.About the other projects,im talking about new unreleased tracks alright,coz all these released in comps are made some months ago.Listen for example to Derango-Hole in the Ground.And then tell me what is psychedelic.

215269[/snapback]

Agreed. Penta was good for a while...lately he's been sounding sort of basic to my ears.

Jellyheadz has like just a *few* (like one or two) good tracks out of all the material they've released. Para Halu is ok. Derango has a *few* good tracks, again...

I heard penta in transit festival, in september last year, and I really didnt like... It was too fast and noisy, thousands noisy of layers, plus samples, in a 150bpm track or somethin... It sounded like radio interference mixed with fast beats... too fking neurotic for my taste... I did see some people going wild on it, though, so I guess like always, its on the ears of the listener =)

about this ´psychedelic´ discussion.. I dont think it´s anybody´s right to claim which music is psychedelic and which one is not, because music touches each person in a different way.. for some, maybe even britney spears may be psychedelic... Old school goa doesnt touch me or make me feel different in any way, so I dont think its psychedelic (for me) for example...

:)

Damn this is pointless.Ok.

Jellyheadz has like just a *few* (like one or two) good tracks out of all the material they've released. Para Halu is ok. Derango has a *few* good tracks, again...

No you just have a *few* tracks from these artirts.There are a lot.

about this ´psychedelic´ discussion.. I dont think it´s anybody´s right to claim which music is psychedelic and which one is not, because music touches each person in a different way.. for some, maybe even britney spears may be psychedelic... Old school goa doesnt touch me or make me feel different in any way, so I dont think its psychedelic (for me) for example...

Thats why i stopped eating acid,i didnt want one day to say that britney spears is psychedelic.

Thats why i stopped eating acid,i didnt want one day to say that britney spears is psychedelic.

215292[/snapback]

hahaha :lol:

good music is still produced but in a very rare scale in all:full on,ambient,progressive.

BUT the spirit of goa is gone(except for few,really few exceptions) and that hearts.

when u love a kind of music which has vanished u will repeat it forever.

nce and gentle <_<

I hear good music all the time.. very good music in fact..

I agree that there are thousands of crappy releases, but amongst them, there are many good artists too..

maybe I just know where to look.. or maybe my opinion is just more ´including´ than other people... or maybe its because I listen before I buy, so I dont have problem with wasting money on crappy releases

I even have trouble deciding which cds to buy, from so many good ones :)

I also have trouble deciding which CDs to buy. And I also listen before I buy so I don't need to throw away money on the crappy ones. Which I'm glad for :P

Just got Menog's new CD and VA - Project Sun Dew in the mail. I like them.