Do we overeact with this "Psy is dead"?

Ormion

I don't think that Psy is dead at all.

Yeah, todays music has NOTHING to do with Old-School but I think we overdo with this Psy is dead blah,blah.

2004 was a great year for Psy for all of the genres.

I see that some full on artists are using pure Old-School melodies in their tracks

I see the same thing with some Progressive artists

I see that Dark scene is getting better and better day by day and Hard Full On (S.Africa) simply kicks ass.

And the most important Goa still exists!!!

Some guys here are remind me some old-school artists.

When they give an intreview they just complain about how Psy scene today sucks BUT they're writing crappy full on and boring progressive

One of the reasons that todays scene is worst than 1994-1999 is because they stopped produce good music but they're complain today for the crappy 2004 scene!

I'll say it again.

Nothing can't beat OLD-SCHOOL but Psy-Trance is still here!

I dont like old school anyway, so ´psy is dead´ does not mean much to me...

(oh my god, what a blasphemy this sherlockalien says :o )

The music still kicks ass!

I think the problem is that the Goa Spirit is fading away. And thats what i feel sorry for...

Commercializing...

Playing psy in clubs/discos...

skazis rmxs of mettalica, nirvana, etc...

Money... sell out...

using a xenomorph sample from the movie cube "Does anyone know how we got here?"

Perhaps the problem is that there is so much crap out there. Even if there was the same amount of good releases, the unbelievable amount of boring, crappy, copypaste releases makes it look like less. It's like one release in 100 is worth something.

I believe goatrance is at a low level at the moment but psychedelic trance/fullon is more present in the year 2004-2005 then it has ever been...

by the way never red anywhere that psy is dead :rolleyes:

The real spirit is weak but not dead and Goa still lives.

But in our present day Psy-Trance in overall its very weak compared with other genres...

But personally, psytrance to me is almost dead since i only love goa.

and I´ll stay in my corner.. B)

Psy is not dead,its just getting more underground and more dark.And i like it.

215097[/snapback]

MORE underground?

Where do you live? I'm moving over. :blink:

Psy, Dead? Lol, it won't die, never... Since the 60's there has been psychedelic music all the time!

There has been many véry psychedelic releases lately I think, all finnish music, some dark music which was very psychedelic... and yes, even "melodic goa trance" is not dead yet, so no complaining here :)

Psy-trance is dead in the regard that ground breaking releases are very rare. Measured in absolute numbers and combining all subgenres of psy-trance we do get good (non-ground breaking) releases, but combining the total number of releases in a year we do get relative few good releases.

At the moment most of the sub-genres are just refining their formula, some even to death (neo-full on).

The number of labels and artists is too big, and that's probably why we get a lot of safe releases (read the same shit over again). The scene is not big enough to support all these labels and artists. Therefor bankrupts might not be bad. The artists also have a responsibility, they can't release the same tune over and over again.

Then again, if you're a die hard psy-trancer and you're not happy with the current situation of the scene, then do something about it.

Velvet Acid Christ - Decypher (Acid Revolution Forgotten Remix) <--- here's some psychedelic music that most of you people wont know

If you take a listen to their releases you will see that VAC have created some really pure and beautiful psychedelic melodies.Sometimes their music is pure goa...Goth Goa B)

psy is not dead........

I think it is just about to get more exciting and it will take over all the HNRG 5millon jumps per minute candy kids and produce a more chilling fufulling scene.

My 14 year old briother was showing all hes mates my music and they love it so thats another generation coming through.

Oh he and his mates want to come with me to a doof next weekend first one for them wow I find that encouraging.

I think the problem is that the Goa Spirit is fading away. And thats what i feel sorry for...

Commercializing...

Playing psy in clubs/discos...

skazis rmxs of mettalica, nirvana, etc...

Money... sell out...

Took the words right out of my mouth... there's a BIG difference between psytrance scene and the goa spirit. You can make a million kilaaaar releases but none of them with the Goa spirit. You can also have a huge rave playing oldschool tracks that doesn't have the Goa spirit... So yes, in terms of numbers you'll say that the scene has never been better yet in terms of QUALITY and SPIRIT you can say that we're at an all-time low (which doesn't necesarily mean that it's dead... if it didn't die after the 70s and resurfaced today I'm certain it will still resurface in some other form)

On the other hand, I can't really blame artists that have been in the scene from day 1 that they're looking for new directions... I mean, imagine listening to oldschool basically EVERY day of the week for 10 years... you're bound to get bored someday...

And for everyone praising dark trance... WAKE UP ALREADY!!!! Dark trance is JUST as formulaic as full-on, simply adding some screams in your track and giving it a morbid name (ie. Mega Jesus of Evil) doesn't necesarily make it dark...

And for everyone praising dark trance... WAKE UP ALREADY!!!! Dark trance is JUST as formulaic as full-on, simply adding some screams in your track and giving it a morbid name (ie. Mega Jesus of Evil)  doesn't necesarily make it dark...

215239[/snapback]

WOOOOORD!

I've never understood the "OMG dark trance is complex and intelligent and EEEVIL because it has screaming in it"

Psy-trance is dead in the regard that ground breaking releases are very rare. Measured in absolute numbers and combining all subgenres of psy-trance we do get good (non-ground breaking) releases, but combining the total number of releases in a year we do get relative few good releases.

215142[/snapback]

I'm with you on that.

Sometimes I wonder who buys all the fullon formula releases. I mean, someone have to buy them right? ;)

And for everyone praising dark trance... WAKE UP ALREADY!!!! Dark trance is JUST as formulaic as full-on, simply adding some screams in your track and giving it a morbid name (ie. Mega Jesus of Evil)  doesn't necesarily make it dark...

215239[/snapback]

You dont know what you are talking about here.You should listen to some new music Jellyheadz,Parahalu,Penta,Derango and more.Its dark,its phat and its very psychedelic.And i mean VERY psychedelic.

Dark trance is JUST as formulaic as full-on, simply adding some screams in your track and giving it a morbid name

Someone could say the same about Goa,very formulaic,simply adding some 303 melodies and sounds and giving it a futuristic name or something that has to do with space or india.

I'm with you on that.

Sometimes I wonder who buys all the fullon formula releases. I mean, someone have to buy them right? ;)

215242[/snapback]

Sometimes everybody needs something to just zero up the brain after hours of intelligent trance... I have "I'm the supervisor" for that. :lol:

Someone could say the same about Goa,very formulaic,simply adding some 303 melodies and sounds and giving it a futuristic name or something that has to do with space or india.

215243[/snapback]

Samples do not make goa. Multilayered, beautiful, lush, complex, nostalgic, blissful, eternal melodies do.