Full On

delars

roight

i c u guys blaming full-on for everything that goes wrong in our happy little(?) psy-world

but what is it? is there like a definition to it?

there sure is some kind of psytrance i don't like, but to be honest i don't know if it is full-on or not

right, time for a praktical example

Fractal Glider-Chasing Ganesha (3d rmx)

imho a real good track, but according to what i read on this board its supposed to be evil-bad-bad-fullon............

Fractal Glider - Things That Go Bump In The Night (Rastaliens Remix)

liked the original, but this rmx makes me puke!

i don't like the bassline rastaliens have put underneath it........

somehow all the tracks i don't like, have such a moaning bassline ......

this is where the distinction lies between good and bad, for me

so do i not like full-on then?

or do i?

or maybe i don't like to think in boxes ;)

do you?

i think there is lots of music actually 'full-on' without you even knowing about it

or maybe it's a subjective matter, and everyone on this board is actually hating something different :D who knows

:ph34r: been thinking a lot before posting this topic, so let's make a decent discussion out of this, and not yet another full-on-hate-topic

edited, sorry :)

Full On was basically new genre back in 1998 when it sounded massive, powerful and as the name says completely full sounding. First full on artists were Xerox & Freeman with their album Human Race, to me one of the best full on albums. Guy Zukrel continued this at the time pretty good trend and released melodic full on album For All Mankind, one of my favourite albums in that genre. There was first 3 volumes of Israeli Full On music that were really good and innovative for its time and when full on actually had its definition. Full on continued being massive and melodic until the year 2000. Then, new, faster basslines were added and made full on slightly more immature sounding. More and more new artists were poping making this originally innovative genre mediocre. But there were few artists that made that genre solid and stable for that moment back in 2001-2002 : Astrix, Alien Project, GMS, Atomic Pulse, Safi Connection etc. I liked those artists back then, but now they all got into hyper productive mode and splashed us with tons of trivial full on which continued in year 2003 and 2004 sounding more immature and silly. So, this is not about hating full on, just its regression from very massive, powerful genre into something mild, mediocre and silly. I very rarely hear normal full on these days and not to think, Hey, I've already heard this track....for 100th time ! That is the basic problem with it. And, no, Fractal Glider is not making full on. Maybe his last album is a little bit fullonish but it is surely one of the better full on albums in last few years...;)

hehe, now i'm gonna check out this guy zukrel's album :P

So, this is not about hating full on, just its regression from very massive, powerful genre into something mild, mediocre and silly.

214967[/snapback]

that's +- in line with my ideas .......

Full On was basically new genre back in 1998 when it sounded massive, powerful and as the name says completely full sounding. First full on artists were Xerox & Freeman with their album Human Race, to me one of the best full on albums. Guy Zukrel continued this at the time pretty good trend and released melodic full on album For All Mankind, one of my favourite albums in that genre. There was first 3 volumes of Israeli Full On music that were really good and innovative for its time and when full on actually had its definition. Full on continued being massive and melodic until the year 2000. Then, new, faster basslines were added and made full on slightly more immature sounding. More and more new artists were poping making this originally innovative genre mediocre. But there were few artists that made that genre solid and stable for that moment back in 2001-2002 : Astrix, Alien Project, GMS, Atomic Pulse, Safi Connection etc. I liked those artists back then, but now they all got into hyper productive mode and splashed us with tons of trivial full on which continued in year 2003 and 2004 sounding more immature and silly. So, this is not about hating full on, just its regression from very massive, powerful genre into something mild, mediocre and silly. I very rarely hear normal full on these days and not to think, Hey, I've already heard this track....for 100th time ! That is the basic problem with it. And, no, Fractal Glider is not making full on. Maybe his last album is a little bit fullonish but it is surely one of the better full on albums in last few years...;)

214967[/snapback]

you take out all the words of my mouth ;)

I have no idea how to define full on in exact words, even because I think no genre actually has a very clear dividing line to establish it´s borders.. There are cross-overs to all sides.. But whenever I hear one of those typical rolling basslines and lots of ´bleep and scratch´ sounds, I internally label it as full on..

now, I dont like full on.. Its a matter of taste, obviously... It just sounds too noisy for me.. I cant get the ´deep trippy´ feeling I get with dub/chill, and neither the ´groovy sexy´ feeling I get with progressive (or some prog house) music....

To me full on sounds like the same sound always, but I guess maybe for people who are not into progressive or chill, it must all sound the same to them too...

then there is the link between full on and people who just got into trance, ecstasy-heads and also with the ´majority´ (so it seems pop´), and this is an argument people use against it.. But for me, that doesnt matter.. I dont care if its listened by ´newbies´ or ´pros´, or if the majority likes it or not.. I dont listen to it simply because I dont like the sound

(but I dont deny that when Im in a party with friends, Im always making fun, sometimes pretending Im on ecstasy and imitating those funny faces and mouths, and dancing like one of those muscle-dudes on ecstasy hahaha..)

also one thing I thought is that maybe also I didnt listen to the good full on, or didnt give it a chance...

well no! otherwise you'll discover the secret of Alien Project tracks... His 3d album is actually his first one... just played backwards! :P

215433[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

well no! otherwise you'll discover the secret of Alien Project tracks... His 3d album is actually his first one... just played backwards! :P

215433[/snapback]

If you reverse it and than play it with 10% down pitch you'll hear the new Elyisium album.

But shh, don't tell anyone.