Full-on has reached a new low...

Lemmiwinks

ok i missed this.....did they remix a britney spears song...?? or did they just use a few seconds sample from it? and then the tune is ok? is a good tune? i cant imagine why they would do that....its enough to actually put someone off psytrance....*shudder*...who was responsible for this travisty?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I don't think I would recognize a britney spears song if I heard one. Does this make me a bad American? hmm... What inspired such an abomination I can't understand, but I don't think there is much to worry about. Who would run out to buy it!?!!

I don't mean to impugn Toxic's talent, just their judgment. On one hand its a sad commentary, but on the other I think its gotta be a prank. Please God. lol

no, it was in Zazou lars, and it was played by Afterhourz... it was terrible... Even worse than the Offspring Remix!

What's happening, remixen Michael Jackson, Nirvana, metallica, Offspring, Britney Spears,...??? I could understand the prodigy somehow, but this? :s

214924[/snapback]

yes yes I know, it will never happen again, just thought it funny to play once :P

But indeed more and more popinfluences are to be found in nowadays psytrance :)

but apart from the Britney vocals I've heard worse remixes that were played on and on ....

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

this is not enough !

we'll have to punish you for what u hav done !

wait......no.....JOS will punish you  :P who knows maybe he'll enjoy it too

btw:dees situatie is echt lache  :D

215743[/snapback]

Calm mate... or otherwise... CHOP :P

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22415

and I know it was a joke... but even then I was like :o:blink::unsure:

no more britney? :(

thats like saying no more astrix  :(

216145[/snapback]

Actually, thats like saying no more Infected Mushroom. :(

Well yeah like I said, all those pop remixes put together aren't half as bad as some IM tracks... God how I hate I Wish... worst part is that whenever a DJ plays that one, everyone cheers like it's the best track in the set... WTF?!?!?!

God how I hate I Wish...

216182[/snapback]

Yeah, I hate that song too. Do they not get it?

Its just bad, real bad. What do they think this is? Disney World? Whats next, country music in psytrance? Its getting worn-out and cheesy, but to them this is just the beginning.

I don't understand if the clubbers who cheer as you say are mostly people not aware of the much better stuff out there, or is lyrics and crap finally becoming accepted in psytrance overall, because DJ's and artists keep encouraging it? It seems very few people on these forums likes the thought of singing or pop in psytrance, and we make up a general view of listeners from all over the world, so why does it seem different in the actual clubs? I just don't understand unless this Britney crap is or will be intended for the US, because the average person in the US who is even into clubbing and techno and trance, really has never heard of psytrance... some have obviously, its not as rare as some may think ... but most people to my surprise have not.

Overall, I realize that here in the USA, people are used to lyrics, as psytrance in general isn't played in clubs because it is just not mainstream because it lacks lyrics, for one thing I believe, as the music played in clubs is always rap, pop club remixes, or house, techno, trance, but the mainstream singing stuff...

Does anyone know the specific name of the "Britney Toxic Remix???" Was this song put on a cd or is this something just played at the clubs; not being on any album, like this DJ's or Artists album or a comp? I just want to hear this out of curiousity and hopefully it will re-inforce exactly why I encourage against this type of crap in psytrance, but I have no idea what to search for other than Britney Spears as the artist, and Toxic remix as the song title. Like tons of Toxic songs and Toxic Remixes come up; none of the ones with any psytrance in them. If anyone knows the name of the remix, if it happens to have a name other than saying something general such as, "another Toxic Remix, now to psytrance," I'd be curious if anyone knows how to best search for this.

I don't understand if the clubbers who cheer as you say are mostly people not aware of the much better stuff out there, or is lyrics and crap finally becoming accepted in psytrance overall, because DJ's and artists keep encouraging it?

Well I rember an interview with Sub6 in Mushroom Magazine and they said that people loved singing in psy because it reminds them of stuff they were into BEFORE psy (mostly pop music). I guess he has a point but if those people chose to move on to psy from pop it was for a reason, no?

i notested that if you guys bash and bash full on we will become like the people we dont like. In Isratrance they bash melodic and here we bash fullon , so i stopped for a moment since Seraph and some guys told me to stop bashing and i tought twice on that moment. I dont wanna be like them cause i hate that kind of behaviors. I dont wanna Psynews to be the same as Isratrance. Who cares if there´s remixes of psytrance of Britney , Michael Jackson or even Madonna? I dont care cause i dont listen to it. If they think its killer let them enjoy it. This is our Movement and we ARE different , so i dont want to Psynews to be the same as Isratrance. BE different. Psychedelic Trance parties are over for me now , but who knows someday if it will get better and the good spirit , good music takes it over again? It started all here..

Cheers. :)

who knows someday if it will get better and the good spirit , good music takes it over again? It started all here..

216991[/snapback]

Thats right! :)

I will make my own psy-forum where people can bash minimal.

217030[/snapback]

lol...

i notested that if you guys bash and bash full on we will become like the people we dont like. In Isratrance they bash melodic and here we bash fullon , so i stopped for a moment since Seraph and some guys told me to stop bashing and i tought twice on that moment. I dont wanna be like them cause i hate that kind of behaviors. I dont wanna Psynews to be the same as Isratrance. Who cares if there´s remixes of psytrance of Britney , Michael Jackson or even Madonna? I dont care cause i dont listen to it. If they think its killer let them enjoy it. This is our Movement and we ARE different , so i dont want to Psynews to be the same as Isratrance. BE different. Psychedelic Trance parties are over for me now , but who knows someday if it will get better and the good spirit , good music takes it over again? It started all here..

216991[/snapback]

Must say I noticed some change in your post reply's lately ;)

Jon Cocco: I had it but i deleted it :) It is very simple, just the same song with another bassline (almost) all the singing and stuff is still there..

the file name is: Britney spears - toxic (toxic rmx)-com.mp3

with a lot of _ and - between hehe ...

its not good btw. I have warned you :)

I don't understand if the clubbers who cheer as you say are mostly people not aware of the much better stuff out there, or is lyrics and crap finally becoming accepted in psytrance overall, because DJ's and artists keep encouraging it? It seems very few people on these forums likes the thought of singing or pop in psytrance, and we make up a general view of listeners from all over the world, so why does it seem different in the actual clubs?

A very interesting and true point.

I always ask myself this question. Around here on these forums there are only very few people who seem to enjoy the fullon stuff.

And that's exactly the thing I don't get - so few people like it, why does it get bigger and bigger and bigger?

Either we are all false and do all love fullon stuff ... ;)

...or there is a shitload more people out there who actually are mad about the stuff and adore it.

And I think so.

There are a lot more people out there who love it, that's my opinion.

I know a girl who's more on that side. She listens to psy all day ... and guess what she was playin' as we were at her place: fullon.

She doesn't even have heard of Son Kite and lives in her own fullon "goa" world.

And people like her won't come here, because they have their own local community and use the net just for downloading songs (she has practically not a single original album - just about hundred burned CDRs).

Nice, isn't it?

I noticed some change in your post reply's

Excellent that is what psy is about; CHANGE.

This thread is similar to the case if some people built an expensive machine that bakes good music the same way over and over, so they soon get tired of ideas and refries and then start to point it to unused horizons like pop or Einstein or whatever, so then someone comes out and starts to point out that it is not psychedelic.

...but the point is that it wasn't psychedelic the moment creativity was gone.

Psyche=soul/mind + Delic=movement

Something that mooves your psyche...

Repetitive things wont guide your mind to change...unless its very repetition(like in mantras) helps you to rise to new levels. Elevated not by sequential distraction but by letting go your attachment to the repited perception.

reached a new low

Precisely, the Psy idea is to drive high and low, travel all places, minimalism and maximalism, getting us to unrepeteable dances...

Then, does it HAS to go thru low places. i would say that Low has been gone thru very much already(or we ARE going thru very much every day), just look a the terrible mankind History to corroborate that, so if it is appealing it might be an unfinished "phase", as part of the cleansing.

And I am thinking in music that takes you thru stages of low emotions like anger, fear and such, just briefly, so after that dancers may soar high anew afterwards.

Similar to entice or suggest trancers with whatever info during the trance as part of the journey to build upon. And "whatever" means just that, including; britney, disney, rock surges, melodic touches, intelligent intrincate layers... whatever.

. ..depending on the sort of creative journey its built.

For some playing Psytrance is just building inside a musical quality they have built upon, wether psybreaks, Full on, complex, melodic, and the myriad of subgenres psy has.

When the "importance" of such build makes it rigid enough to allow for violence/fights in the dancefloor ot bashing, relegating, not being creative enought, etc... they are just overprotecting something that is liquid and mobile by its definition, at least to some degree, otherwise it melts itself, and the dancefloor is cleared... You know what I am talking about; building a musician ego story or destroying a dance, both are not psychedelicly-complete builds just part of broader life stories.

Then to reach a new High...

Well, you also know some of the high posibilities and at least we keep open to discover them, yes?.. .

Nice to share!

:wub:

• 5 years later...

I can remember a time when people were joking saying that if the remix fad goes on, then one day someone will do a psy remix of Britney Spears... well, yesterday I was at a psy party and... there WAS a psy remix of Britney Spears -Toxic!!!!!

I just couldn't believe this was happening... may God help us all!!!

cool , now britney spears can be happy to know that she can even annoy all the hippies at their raves! i'm sure most of them won't mind anyway. :lol:

Although I would want to rip my ears of when hearing such a remix;

I still think every artist has the freedom to do what ever the hell they want. Even if you don't like it. Except for stealing tunes offcourse (remixing is NOT stealing imo as long as you give credit to the original composer)

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If no one listens to it, it won't be made. If people still listen to it even if it's crap, it just means they're stupid.

I don't get the people who try to protect goa/psy with their lives from all bad influences and impurities. Like nobody has the right to listen to good music but themselves. There are still a lot of great artist out there not doing it for the money. Since those are usually the best ones why bother crap is being made. I still have what I need and do not support the crap in any way.

Someone said they were worried to start hearing country music in psytrance. I for one would love that as long as it is done decently (which would be very hard). Experimentation and creativity are the keys for musical development so why the hell not?

Genres are just small confined boxes put there by others to define an artists style. They are in no way fixed and do not have to be followed like rules so we won't corrupt the 'genre'. I don't care about the genre of the music I make. I just make what I like, whatever it is.

I also think a lot of bad remixes can be blamed on some (bad)artist having a bad sense of humour. Because they think people will find it funny. This just shows the artist is not very bright and probably not very good in the first place.

I like to remix tracks myself as well. Even popular ones as long as they are good tracks in the first place (what's the point in remixing something when nobody will recognize the track) I like remixing old popular 90s dance/trance tracks because that was the music I grew up with and what I liked back then. It's the music that shaped my musical knowledge and feelings as they are today so why not pay tribute to it with a remix. Axel F by Harold Faltemayer (police academy theme) as an example was one of my favourite tracks when I was 6 years old. I made a psy remix of that. That track means so incredibly much to me but I can see some people would find a psy remix of that track incredibly lame.

My point is you don't even know why artists make bad remixes in the first place. Instead of implying all of them do it just to make money.

Oh yeah, whenever a tune like that get's dropped during a set I know it's bad. Just subtly show the DJ you are displeased. I usually just entirely stop dancing and give them a displeased look until they put on something good again. (which may be never)

Anyways we're just discussing tastes here

Life goes on!

greets!