Full-on has reached a new low...

Lemmiwinks

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really stupid to make the songs for a laugh, especially if it is made by an artist that has nothing more to say except making the remix of some known track that would turn out bad no matter what. I think it is total lack of inspiration and global artist ' Hey, I became something I always wanted and now I can do whatever I want ! ' syndrome. I think it is so lame to remix silly songs and don't find funny at all, by any means. Silly and pretentious, and as Anoebis said, why no one bothered to remix The Prodigy for example or Underworld or Orbital ? It is sheer lack of inspiration and I feel sorry where is this scene going considering those 'clever' moves...

I think you got it wrong Seraph, Anoebis said that there WAS a remix of The Prodigy (Voodoo People) and that he understood why one would do a psy remix of that track (because the original itself is pretty psychedellic too).

BTW I found the name of the track:

Britney Spears - Toxic ( Toxic rmx )

and believe it or not, it's actually qualified as DARK trance... well it didn't sound dark to me... it only confirms my thoughts that dark trance artists are going the exact same road as full-on (formulaic tracks, unispired artists...), except that for some reason, people still consider "dark trance" to be underground and uncommercial...

BTW I'd really laugh my ass off if I saw "Britney Spears" on the tracklist of the next Parvati DARK trance comp... actually come to think of it I think it WOULD scare me shitless to see that :)

One of the main reasons I have always liked psytrance is because of the lack of lyrics and the lack of cheesy pop culture influences. I hate that stuff. This is the sad trend in this music today. It's losing it's heart.

You know it's no good when you look on the dance floor and see some bimbo grinding with some idiot in a muscle shirt.

Bah... if I saw a cd with a Britney Spears song on it, I would not buy it on principle, regardless of how good the rest of it was.

only one man who dare's to play this song :lol:

he also introduced the batman theme song B)

and i wouldnt call ' a weird psychedelic café in zazou' a psytrance party...

its a fluo decorated club/café

and i wouldnt say at all that afterhourz plays full on

only the dark wicked shit he plays.

you'll only hear this shit in zazou

and you must say that the shit he played after was all but commercial poppy trance...

he only plays those songs to piss people off

and he suckseeded :P

as did toxic

HA

i love the remix memories-bug funk

from linkin park

its not the first time that this happens. a while ago some brazilian song "eu quero namorar" by a commercial band i dont know of , was remixed by GMS!! it seems that this stupid fashion is coming up so get ready that someday youll get another subgenre of fullon subgenre called poopypsytrance....

214954[/snapback]

yeah amithaba, that one was lame.. not only do I really dislike gms and all full on clones alike, but that song they remixed is totally lame and pop.. you know, the type of songs that 13 year old teenage girls scream and raise their hand in excitement and start singing along in their parties =)

(nothing against a 13 year old though... just an example)

and no, i'm sure it won't be released as i said before

well let's pray to God that it won't ;)

That said, I must admit that all those poppy remixes put together aren't half as bad as IM - I Wish ....

nothing against a 13 year old though... just an example

so those pedophile tendencies have resurfaced, sherlock? you better go back to church and be a good boy ;)

so those pedophile tendencies have resurfaced, sherlock? you better go back to church and be a good boy ;)

214998[/snapback]

hahahah say what?

popsy...; )))

IMO it is fucking lame to remix something from mainstream pop etc into psytrance, no matter how big and talented you are in the psy world. inspiration from pop - well is that so necessary? I mean -what about things that matters - the universe, extraterrestrial life, intellectual and technological progress etc, i think you caught the meaning. anyway my IMO. Lemmi, did u broke that djs nose? he would deserve that ; ), for such a torture. rmxers, would be nice to confiscate their  equipment.

LOL

214934[/snapback]

Mate trance originate from Disco´. Eat that ;)

Mate trance originate from Disco´. Eat that ;)

215006[/snapback]

and acid and techno, but thats not so important, humans evolved(did they?) from apes... heh, so theres nothing to eat ;). and we actually were discussing about present, not past. there was one more post about pop mixed into psy and that that is wrong and so on. And my IMO is that pop with psy(or psy with pop) sux indeed...no matter who and how!read that post too.

It doesn't really matter if a there are psy remix's made from pop. Good music is good music. If it makes you dance or feel something then it has succeeded. All music is robbed from others influences and idea's, both subconciously and conciously. Creativity is the art of twisting stolen idea's into a new form.

Only history can be the true judge!

and acid and techno, but thats not so important, humans evolved(did they?) from apes... heh, so theres nothing to eat ;). and we actually were discussing about present, not past. there was one more post about pop mixed into psy and that that is wrong and so on. And my IMO is that pop with psy(or psy with pop) sux indeed...no matter who and how!read that post too.

215014[/snapback]

I think some people in this scene should take a good look at themselves and ask themselves if they really are as openminded as they say they are. And not just snobby betterwissers when it come to their goa/psy/full on trance is the "best music in the world and the rest is crap" attitude!

If you dont like some music then just dont listen to it.. Let artists have their fun and creativity! Hey I was about to say dont buy it but hey people dont but music anyway ;)

I think some people should ask themselves do i even like psy? have i maybe grown out of it and the people around it? is that the reason why i must bash the "scene" the whole time? don't i anymore understand them? maybe it's me who feels superiour compared to others?

Let artists have their fun and creativity!

I think this discussion is going the wrong way here... I totally agree with what you say... Actually I even thought about this psy remixes phenomena and I guess that these tracks actually do have a value in a well-made set: imagine taking a bunch of ignorant tourists in Puhket, playing them Britney Spears and Nirvana remixes at first and then slowly dragging them to unknown territory throughout the night... (maybe slip a little acid in their drinks while your at it hehehe).

HOWEVER what I'm against is psy artists remixing stuff just to sell more. That's where I have a problem... When a psy artist starts making stuff hoping that his stuff will pass around in normal clubs then that's when it goes to shit IMO. This music was good because artists didn't give a damn about following trends and making money, they just did what sounded right to them. I hope it will stay that way :)

I'm still waiting for a psychedelic Ghostbusters theme song remix.

214928[/snapback]

GMS made a remix of Ghostbuster. I only heard it once (in Wrecked Machines DJ-set at Full Moon 2004) and If I remember correctly it was way better than the average mainstream remix.

I've been looking for this remix ever since I heard of it, but I still haven't found it. Is it exclusive for their live sets or has it found its way to the net/Soulseek yet?

214946[/snapback]

I don't think they play it in their Son Kite livesets anymore; I've heard them twice in the last year, and they didn't play it in any of those sets. Marcus played it in his DJ-set at one of the parties though, and people say they played it in their Minilogue liveset at Universo Paralello.

well, yesterday I was at a psy party and... there WAS a psy remix of Britney Spears -Toxic!!!!!

I just couldn't believe this was happening... may God help us all!!!

214901[/snapback]

:o Ahhh... NOoooooo!!!! hahahahaa! They finally did it to you; to US ALL!

That SUCKS man! I realize some people are more lax about it than others, but that still sucks. I wonder if other people like yourself were thinking the same ... "Wtf? You have GOT to be shitting me!" thing! Like what were the reactions when that song started playing??? You could not have been the only one going or thinking... "NOOoooooooo! Whhhaaaaat?!?!" And WOW, any DJ to even play a psytrance remix of Britney Spears has some BIG BALLS. Regardless, thats like, almost as bad as walking into a Jewish Cinagog with a bright, red Swastica painted on your white shirt going, "la, la, la, la, la... !" :blink::D

I'm trying to look on the bright side. Is this artist anyone special? Probably not. Does he suck? Probably! What exactly was the crowds reaction when they heard this at the psy-party?

Anyway, I've intimated in these forums over the years, the importance of straight, mainstream POP, or ANY mainstream music for that matter, NOT being fused (into a sub-genra) with Goa or psytrance!, (I even wrote something similar as a JOKE in the "whats your favorite Infected Mushroom albums??? thread) like a month ago!, but the full-on stuff is like the minimal stuff -- in the sense that they both came like a giant wave, with the intention of being easy to make, and quick to make money!, and now the full-on wave doesn't seem like its going to stop anytime soon. On top of that, there's now a Britney Spears psytrance remix of Toxic?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Jesus Christ, does she even know that some artist did this remix? Fuck, has Britney Spears ever even heard of psytrance? She probably doesn't even know what trance is all about! Thats the problem with artists making remixes like this. They don't care or respect the culture, the foundation, the history of goatrance. They just want to come along and take what they can from it to make money without really earning it. Hearing this news, I don't know whether to laugh or cry, or punch myself in the face, or try to do all three at the same time, hehe... Well, the bad news is that if more artists start to do this, it could get trendy and not only ruin full-on, full-on is already ruined, and now its disgraced... the bad news is that it could be the ... I don't want to say it... the beginning of the end of psytrance.. and/or the potential to lead to the downfall of psytrance by making pop-trance, kind of like what minimal and now full-on is doing to psytrance... its taking over because its simple and basic; it makes money at clubs!

The good news is that the majority of full-on is crap anyway, and most people won't give two shits about some unknown artist making the 100th remix of TOXIC, which probably reminds people of pop, not all the more groovy, trippy, magical stuff.... so this will probably wash over soon enough and be forgotten. Nevertheless, I still think its interesting, scary, and a bit humorus in a strange way, -- that someone finally did actually do a Britney Spears remix to psytrance! ... It was just a matter of time until some asshole out there thought,

"Yes, its alive... It's A-L-I-V-E!!!" (Actually its not, heh) "Maybe someone out there will like it and I'll make money."

HOWEVER what I'm against is psy artists remixing stuff just to sell more. That's where I have a problem... When a psy artist starts making stuff hoping that his stuff will pass around in normal clubs then that's when it goes to shit IMO. This music was good because artists didn't give a damn about following trends and making money, they just did what sounded right to them. I hope it will stay that way :)

215061[/snapback]

Yes! I totally agree with you! Thats what made goatrance so amazing! That artists didn't focus or even think about making money the way most artists in general, who make crap, think. You have to detatch yourself and go deep into your imagination, and focus on your mind, body; your work, your feelings, and thats when the creativity and ideas start to form. Either that, or your music will never sound close to what it could be. In short, you have to have a strong passion; a love for creating music because of the music itself, and not the distractions, the money and fame. When others come along simply to rip-off a genra of insane talent, just for the sake of trying to get attention (maybe with the sound of psytrance to sound as if its new to the general mainstream, think about that for a second) thus make money for the sake of making money, and leaving a big FUCK YOU to the real creaters and all the fans who KNOW ... thats when I say:

"NO. Of course fine to experiment, but the intent of the experimentation determines the outlook and impression of the artist; it shouldn't be abused to lower the genra, but raise it for the right reasons. I don't like what this artist has done, because its a cheap and desparate way to attempt to make cash by ripping-off a great genra and mixing it with not only an overly mainstream, played out genra (Pop) but by using a specific artist who cares more about her image and what other tell her to write, than the love and creativity of the music itself! This is an example of bringing the wrong type of attention to psytrance... And unfortunately, whenever you have something with the potential for making money, there will always be someone to corrupt it, or at least try." :)

And whether this artist fully realizes it or not, he's messing with an entire genra, and this is instigating (and putting thoughts in other heads) the possibility that other artists could do it as well, and I really hope this remix song falls hard on its face and we don't see other psytrance remixes to pop, or rap songs either for that matter. Its fine to experiment, yes, but not when you start taking stuff and smashing it together, just for the sake of making money.

At least the great goa/psy artists we all know aren't disgracing themselves and their fans, by sticking to the music we all love and care about. This is proof of an artist desperate for money and not worth the time to listen to. These are the artists who are usually hated, or tolorated in the moment, and than forgotten by the next morning. And than a bigger, slightly more talented and powerful, money hungry label comes along and tries to re-invent club music and pop, by claiming to have made pop-trance or psy-pop... and thats when I take out a gun and kill myself. :D

Jon i fully agree with you. Full on is disgracing the real meaning of psytrance , but i dont care! Psytrance finished to me a long time ago! Fullon doenst give me the same feeling when i hear a goasong. Its the feeling that is different , not the bassline or kick like some people mencioned too.My bashing mode is off (and it seems the button is broken ) , i dont like fullon but im ill going to look and wait for a good release out there. Till then , with full on or not there will be always good people out there (like you guys) that think and feel the same as we do , so ill just continue on my corner , sticking around with Goa-Trance and keeping the same feeling i had when i first listened to Goa. I´ll keep on Goa and ill keep praticing and praticing so that i can release something for the Future.

Cheers. :)

"Dance, Dance is active meditation,

when we dance we go beyond thoughts,

beyond mind, beyond physical reality, beyond our own individuality,

to become one with the cosmic spirit,

this is the essence of the trance dance experience."

Goa Gil " Forest of the Saints"

----Just so you dont forget your roots---pseudo psy producers