Full-on has reached a new low...

Lemmiwinks

I can remember a time when people were joking saying that if the remix fad goes on, then one day someone will do a psy remix of Britney Spears... well, yesterday I was at a psy party and... there WAS a psy remix of Britney Spears -Toxic!!!!!

I just couldn't believe this was happening... may God help us all!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really surprising...

but I dont think the artist that is being remixed says anything about the track..

Like, for example, minilogue´s remix of Bille Jean from michael jackson.. I really dig that track and I dont dig michael jackson, since I was like 10 or smt..

still.. I know what you mean... full on just keeps on getting worse... But at least I dont like this genre anyway, so I cannot get dissapointed =)

I haven't heard the remix myself, but looking at the top10 section at isratrance (always a good source for unreleased killllllaaaaahs), it's a remix by Toxic (and as far as I know, they don't make full on).

Also, don't try to make it looks like it's a full on only phenomenon: The Vicious Spiral remixed another Britney Spears track, and Texas Faggot remixed Backstreet Boys a few years ago - also in the progressive house scene, there's loads of mainstream remixes. Some are bad, and some are actually very very good.

It seems as though weve reached a critical desalination point for psychedelic trance - artists are now turning their attentions to pop culture as a viable source for inspiration...and why not? As long as it keeps the music flowing, the bucks rolling the monkey fed etc etc

(p.s. I hate britney spears)

no, it was in Zazou lars, and it was played by Afterhourz... it was terrible... Even worse than the Offspring Remix!

What's happening, remixen Michael Jackson, Nirvana, metallica, Offspring, Britney Spears,...??? I could understand the prodigy somehow, but this? :s

What's happening, remixen Michael Jackson, Nirvana, metallica, Offspring, Britney Spears,...??? I could understand the prodigy somehow, but this? :s

214924[/snapback]

Well, it doesn't really matter what artist is being remixed as long as the end result has something to add or offer. Rude Ass Tinker has remixed Aimee Mann's "One" and Mc Hammer's "Can't touch this" and the end product is really good. What makes his remixes special is that they are so fundamentaly different from the original and you only recognize small parts.

Remixes done by the isra-clones will be crap 99% of the time but that should come as no surprise as their standard output is 99% carp. A Britney Spears remix could be very cool if someone with talent and a twisted brain (read Texas Faggott) remixed it.

Psy-trance has always been inspired by pop culture, just look at all the samples, especially the multitude of obvious Matrix samples. The trick is to put these samples in a new context and the same applies to the remixes.

I'm still waiting for a psychedelic Ghostbusters theme song remix.

popsy...; )))

IMO it is fucking lame to remix something from mainstream pop etc into psytrance, no matter how big and talented you are in the psy world. inspiration from pop - well is that so necessary? I mean -what about things that matters - the universe, extraterrestrial life, intellectual and technological progress etc, i think you caught the meaning. anyway my IMO. Lemmi, did u broke that djs nose? he would deserve that ; ), for such a torture. rmxers, would be nice to confiscate their equipment.

LOL

Well, it doesn't really matter what artist is being remixed as long as the end result has something to add or offer. Rude Ass Tinker has remixed Aimee Mann's "One" and Mc Hammer's "Can't touch this" and the end product is really good. What makes his remixes special is that they are so fundamentaly different from the original and you only recognize small parts.

Remixes done by the isra-clones will be crap 99% of the time but that should come as no surprise as their standard output is 99% carp. A Britney Spears remix could be very cool if someone with talent and a twisted brain (read Texas Faggott) remixed it.

Psy-trance has always been inspired by pop culture, just look at all the samples, especially the multitude of obvious Matrix samples. The trick is to put these samples in a new context and the same applies to the remixes.

I'm still waiting for a psychedelic Ghostbusters theme song remix.

214928[/snapback]

very well said.. thats what I meant.. It doesnt matter which artist is being remixed.. what matters is what comes out..

Just like I said, minilogue remixing michael jackson came out really good, groovy stuff... minilogue kicks ass

no, it was in Zazou lars, and it was played by Afterhourz... it was terrible... Even worse than the Offspring Remix!

214924[/snapback]

:D

sooo typical

i mean i just know he did it just for fun

for example

do you really think he (and i) likes the batman rmx by void? no, it's just laughs

and i think it's even more fun for a dj to see that some people actually like it :P

Look at it this way, how many times has he (and you) played at zazou? I guess he just figured 'damn, what the heck am i gonna play this time?' and then chose to play the damn track, not because he liked it, but because he wanted to do something different, maybe for laughs, maybe to shock people, or maybe just to be the first one to play it

AND i bet he will play the offspring rmx next time when he is playing at 8 o clock in the morning at zazou haha i mean c'mon, the people still there are like 2 of em, and these 2 are soo wasted they probably don't give a flying fuck

anyways, he won't play it in front of a huge audience, that's what i mean ;)

Just like I said, minilogue remixing michael jackson came out really good, groovy stuff... minilogue kicks ass

214940[/snapback]

I've been looking for this remix ever since I heard of it, but I still haven't found it. Is it exclusive for their live sets or has it found its way to the net/Soulseek yet?

I don't care.

They're always stupid ppl who mess Psy with Pop.

A bunch of assholes who make Psy more commercial day by day....

Sorry for my words but that's the truth.

Next time the dj will play such a track toss him a yogurt ;)

Hah... it's good to slap some too serious hippy kids in the face with Britney & Co once in awhile...  :ph34r:

214948[/snapback]

You're right but not with Toxic.

I prefer Oops,I Did It Again remixed by Derango. That is KIIILLLLAAARRR!!! :P

hey trolsk.. its exclusive of their live set, I guess they will never release it, but its also on p2p networks....

its not the first time that this happens. a while ago some brazilian song "eu quero namorar" by a commercial band i dont know of , was remixed by GMS!! it seems that this stupid fashion is coming up so get ready that someday youll get another subgenre of fullon subgenre called poopypsytrance....