having troubles with cubase

hey guys. so i try to make a track. ive been using the vst instruments that came with cubase and a couple others. so when i input notes in they are still midi tracks. how do i convert them to audio?? because i cant use efects or EQ on midi tracks. ive done this before, but i forgot how i did it. and i didnt have to export the midi track as a mixdown wav and import it. i know theres another way to convert midi track to audio track more accurately and faster. please help me.

You can add chorus, reverb, delay, etc... whatever you want.... like I said Main Mixer/Inserts.

And if I remember right when doing that mixdown there is option to import it directly to a audio track.

yeahp, shpongleman is right.

To record a miditrack to audio do the following. Mute all channels exept the channel that you are recording (the miditrack) and your audio track that you are going to record to. Then select the audiotrack, and make it record enabled.

Press record....

It will then record the output directly to your audio track.

You might wanna look that levels and so on are right before you go on doing this.

If you have trouble doing this, then please let us know...

yeahp, shpongleman is right.

To record a miditrack to audio do the following. Mute all channels exept the channel that you are recording (the miditrack) and your audio track that you are going to record to. Then select the audiotrack, and make it record enabled.

Press record....

It will then record the output directly to your audio track.

You might wanna look that levels and so on are right before you go on doing this.

If you have trouble doing this, then please let us know...

215039[/snapback]

Isen't it easier just to export it to audio by solo that channel and export it? I mean why record it as audio? I haven't worked with Midi tracks since I record all my own stuff myself and always export to audio. So i am asking out of curiosity :)

Isen't it easier just to export it to audio by solo that channel and export it?  I mean why record it as audio?  I haven't worked with Midi tracks since I record all my own stuff myself and always export to audio. So i am asking out of curiosity :)

215050[/snapback]

Oh, but maybe hes doing it with a REAL instrument, that way you cant export to Audio no? That only works if you are using VSTi's no? I might be wrong, and if I am then I will be a happy man to have discovered something thats pretty cool hehehe :) I havent actually tried that, but I will now... I mean, I will later when I have finished this virus scan going on :)

Oh, but maybe hes doing it with a REAL instrument, that way you cant export to Audio no? That only works if you are using VSTi's no? I might be wrong, and if I am then I will be a happy man to have discovered something thats pretty cool hehehe :) I havent actually tried that, but I will now... I mean, I will later when I have finished this virus scan going on :)

215164[/snapback]

Yes your right about using external instrument. As far I know it's impossible to export them to audio :) But look at his questions. He mentioned Vst's. Unless I am misunderstaning the question and he's indeed using external synths then it shoudl be very easy to export a vsti (vst instrument) + vst effects to audio.

Im not sure if this is what you mean so this might seem ovious to you. However you have to assign each midi track to the VST instruments. Its not enough to just open a vst instrument. This is done in the pop out lists on the list on the left of the track screen. Where it says midi one or whatever. Scroll down the list and click on tyhe VST instrument you have opened. Then the midi will play the vst instrument and the audio will show up in the track mixer listed under the name of the vst instrument where you can put effects on it. It will also show the midi signal so make sure you dont try and put effects on that ! As for exporting waves, just export or save as stereo interleaved but isnt generally necessary unless you want to save processing power. hope this helps !

1> Go to your mixer

2> Find the instrument in the mixer eg. Absynth

3> Add effect as send or insert to the Absytnth channel , * not midi channel where your notes are

4> Blow the roof off with solid psy!

5> Take over the World!

boom!

mylo

Yes your right about using external instrument. As far I know it's impossible to export them to audio :)  But look at his questions. He mentioned Vst's. Unless I am misunderstaning the question and he's indeed using external synths then it shoudl be very easy to export a vsti (vst instrument) + vst effects to audio.

215210[/snapback]

Shit yeah, you are right! hahahaha I am blind :)

thanks alot to all of you, you have all been a great help. i figured the VSTi out, but now i have another problem (its too late for me now.....yall be hearing from me often, as i am not too smart, and have gotten turned onto the evil world of sequencers and synths) ....so i buy me a yamaha sequencer the other day and a novation nova. i plug em into cubase and get a sequence goin.....everythin is fine and dandy. i remember you guys said that i cant apply eq and plugins to real instruments, so i tried converting it to audio. it converts fine, but whats really weird is that the sounds have gotten a lot quieter than they were when they were being through cubases midi sequencer. have yall experienced something like this before?? (ps, all my record levels are way up)

thanks alot to all of you, you have all been a great help. i figured the VSTi out, but now i have another problem (its too late for me now.....yall be hearing from me often, as i am not too smart, and have gotten turned onto the evil world of sequencers and synths) ....so i buy me a yamaha sequencer the other day and a novation nova.  i plug em into cubase and get a sequence goin.....everythin is fine and dandy. i remember you guys said that i cant apply eq and plugins to real instruments, so i tried converting it to audio. it converts fine, but whats really weird is that the sounds have gotten a lot quieter than they were when they were being through cubases midi sequencer. have yall experienced something like this before??  (ps, all my record levels are way up)

216186[/snapback]

first of all how is your input signal ? Check the mixer while recording the u can se how it is..

and second your created audio track how is the volume on that 1

if thoose 2 dosent help u can allways try processing The recorded file afterwords with the normalize function

i've got my input channel volume in cubase cranked up, and i got all my input and recording volumes in windows cranked up......and i got my yamaha instrument volume cranked up......no use. do you think it wil help if i run the yamaha into an amp before running it to my sound card?? i mean, theoretically it should be loud enough by itself, but its still quiet. have you ever plugged an instrument into an amp before plugging it into your pc??